The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Neither McAllister or Reading are good enough to be starters. It's critical we have a new LB and RB come the start of the season

I agree, but it feels like we’re being boxed in at the moment by 5-6 players who are already signed for next season but basically aren’t good enough.  No harm to O’Connor, but his time ought to be up.  In theory he shouldn’t see much game time next season, so he might decide himself to head to pastures new.  Wouldn’t be all that surprised to see JML and Ashford coming to some agreement with the club as well.  As for Bangala…

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Neither McAllister or Reading are good enough to be starters. It's critical we have a new LB and RB come the start of the season

Tough shit, bald gillet man likes them. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

We simply cannot have Reading starting at left back. He's been the weak link for over a season!!!! If we start the league Cup campaign with Reading at left back I'm rioting.

Tough enough replacing players who are actually leaving.  But also difficult (and expensive) to replace players who are still taking a wage out the club.  

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Tough enough replacing players who are actually leaving.  But also difficult (and expensive) to replace players who are stealing a wage out the club.  

Ftfy

7 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Watch out in case Somerset Boab steals that title for a version of Elton John's "Rocket Man".

Oh no, no, no. 

He's a gillet man.

Gillet man, picking wee paddy in every match. 

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

Think we lost 4-1 that day. Was never keen on him, even when he played for Scotland. 

I liked when he helped Airdrie die. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Oh no, no, no. 

He's a gillet man.

Gillet man, picking wee paddy in every match. 

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time
'Til David Smith brings my P45
But I'm not the man to get promotion
Oh, no, no, no
I'm bald gillet man
Bald gillet man, standing on the touchline here alone

b25lY21zOjQ2ZmZlY2I5LWM4MTMtNDNlYS1iNTcwLTBiOTgyYjgyYjNlNjozMjRiMDAyZS0xOTQ4LTQ2MjktOTk4YS0xMWI1NjdlMWJmYWE.thumb.jpg.f4ae0c23e4df676d1ba126f9255ebb11.jpg

Edited by Richey Edwards

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Im imagining the seethe now when we start the league cup and our fullback options are McAlister and Hewitt on the right and Reading and Ecrepont on the left!!

Will not be the case if rumours are correct 

1 minute ago, Mod1967 said:

Neither Reading or Ecrepont will be our starting LB next season 

Based on what? If both are under contract then I seriously doubt we’ll sign someone. We’re going to be reliant on Reading finding a club to take him on.

We can’t have 20 players who command a start every week , there needs to a nucleus of about 14/15 starters and fringe players , at our level guaranteed starters do not tend to hang around if not playing  regular games , you can see even top teams run with a number of players who are ok to cover a few games and then revert back to the bench 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Based on what? If both are under contract then I seriously doubt we’ll sign someone. We’re going to be reliant on Reading finding a club to take him on.

If we can't move Reading on then Ecrepont will probably go back on loan while Reading is back up. If we can move Reading on Ecrepont will probably stay as back up to the starter (personally I'm hoping it's Lewis Strapp). 

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Based on ability, results, the cause of certain results and the clear desire for the club to move forward. 

Only an opinion and as usual it differs from yours, but its about everybody's opinion not just yours, btw you are incredibly tedious. 

2 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Based on ability, results, the cause of certain results and the clear desire for the club to move forward. 

Only an opinion and as usual it differs from yours, but it’s about everybody's opinion not just yours, btw you are incredibly tedious. 

I was only hoping you were ITK. Didn’t realise you were so precious about people disagreeing with you. 

Players under contract aren’t easy to ship out. You either pay their contract up or rely on them finding a new club. Someone here claimed that we let Ashford go in January but had no takers. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case with Reading. Might be different now it’s the summer and other clubs are looking to rebuild but it’s by no means a guarantee that Reading or Ashford will be away. 

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If we can't move Reading on then Ecrepont will probably go back on loan while Reading is back up. If we can move Reading on Ecrepont will probably stay as back up to the starter (personally I'm hoping it's Lewis Strapp). 

I said before that Ecrepont has deserved a fair crack in the league cup. Owing both to Reading being abysmal and according to Stranraer fans he had a really good loan spell with them. If Bullen doesn’t at least give him two of the four league cup games then he’d be as well asking for his contract to be ripped up. 

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Two fullbacks, two strikers and two midfielders will cover what is needed, barely, but they all have to be better than when they replaced (Akinyemi aside) and they all need to stay fit. You'd hope for a bit more depth. And this contradicts Bullen's stated preference for signing generalists, which mostly failed last season.

Some of them also need to be experienced. Would like to see one or two of them being leaders and could take on the captains role also