The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Unfortunately Maguire has to go down as one of the most disappointing signings I can remember. I expected him to be a good signing but he looks finished now. 

Aye, likewise.  I watched him a lot at Sunderland and while a couple of years had passed I hadn't expected him to regress so much.

33 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

I suspect Hewitt ( RB / CB ) & Ashford ( RM / LM ) will fit into your 22 Man Squad somewhere.  So for me it's 6 players required.

6 players isn't going to be enough I'm afraid. I think we're all in agreement that we currently have 6 starters in Albinson, Musonda, McGinty , Murdoch, Dempsey and Dipo (who is likely to leave). So presuming he does leave that means we need 6 players to come in and be staters. Relying on every one of those 6 being successes is a bit naive so we're probably looking at needing around 10 players imo. 

14 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

6 players isn't going to be enough I'm afraid. I think we're all in agreement that we currently have 6 starters in Albinson, Musonda, McGinty , Murdoch, Dempsey and Dipo (who is likely to leave). So presuming he does leave that means we need 6 players to come in and be staters. Relying on every one of those 6 being successes is a bit naive so we're probably looking at needing around 10 players imo. 

You can't add ten players to what's already there. It's too many. Need to use coaching to get improved performances from the existing squad and add wisely in a few positions.

1 minute ago, Iain said:

You can't add ten players to what's already there. It's too many. Need to use coaching to get improved performances from the existing squad and add wisely in a few positions.

Probably not. Our hands are possibly tied due to handing two year deals to the likes of Bangala, JML, Ashford etc who haven't worked out. 

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Unfortunately Maguire has to go down as one of the most disappointing signings I can remember. I expected him to be a good signing but he looks finished now. 

There's only one player in recent years that I can think of, who was over thirty and played for Ayr that I thought was absolutely brilliant. He's away managing Annan nowadays. He Looked Good and Tried hard.

Maguire is at the end of his career and his spell at Ayr shows that he truly only showed up for the money.

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

There's only one player in recent years that I can think of, who was over thirty and played for Ayr that I thought was absolutely brilliant. He's away managing Annan nowadays. He Looked Good and Tried hard.

Maguire is at the end of his career and his spell at Ayr shows that he truly only showed up for the money.

Steve Archibald probably the worst I can remember.

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Peter Murphy was quality. Absolutely fantastic footballer.

13 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Think 6 quality players should be enough then if need be can add more as depth if needed

6 quality players for LB, RB, AM, LW, RW, CF plus back up / squad players for GK, CG and CF some of those we have under contract will either need to be moved on or out on loan or we will be running with a massive squad

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Michael O'Neill slow as a week in jail. Legend has it that he is still walking off the pitch.

We also signed Paddy Connolly and both he and O'Neill had been top notchers at a very good United side.

Age catches up with us all......

42 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

6 players isn't going to be enough I'm afraid. I think we're all in agreement that we currently have 6 starters in Albinson, Musonda, McGinty , Murdoch, Dempsey and Dipo (who is likely to leave). So presuming he does leave that means we need 6 players to come in and be staters. Relying on every one of those 6 being successes is a bit naive so we're probably looking at needing around 10 players imo

CUXcCPVW4AAGIq3.jpg