The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If you were picking from Ashford, JML and O’Connor then you keep O’Connor all day. O’Connor clearly doesn’t do enough as a starter, but makes an impact off the bench every time he comes on. Unfortunately the other two are still on deals though, and we can’t really be keeping all three. 

54 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Update seems to have left out Moffat and O'Connor. McAllister in discussion, everyone else released. 

O’Connor I believe is under contract as he was guaranteed a 1 year extension if he played a certain number of games which he did achieve  

39 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

No and I wouldn't have offered him a 3 year deal however he said after the game on Friday that he hadn't heard anything from the club about a new deal, why not? 

Not sure that’s 100% accurate 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

O’Connor I believe is under contract as he was guaranteed a 1 year extension if he played a certain number of games which he did achieve  

Surely it should have been mentioned in the article?  Just seems a bit strange from the outside looking in.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

They are under contract for next year, They might still leave if we can offload them

Ashford was allowed to leave in January, but no one had came in for him.

5 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

JML and Ashford staying is a worry. I'm nervous about this transfer window, there's a lot that we need to get right

They were pretty much fringe players last year, so would expect the same again along with McKenzie.

If we're looking at starters, then we're replacing McAdams, Mullin, McAlear, Dipo (you would imagine) Maguire and Houston so far, so I'd expect 6x £1k per week quality players to be replacing them as starters, given that both Houston and McAdams were signed as starters.

You've then got O'Connor if he stays as decent cover / option or if not another wage freed up, same with the a few of the other fringe guys but all in all we should have a decent budget and then a couple of Loans on top.

As others have said, we were a bit heavy in squad numbers last year and I'd hope we'd go for a bit more quality over quantity next year.

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Surely it should have been mentioned in the article?  Just seems a bit strange from the outside looking in.

They only mentioned so far players who’s contract is up which O’Connors due to extension was not , more likely mentioned when they start on the signing news which is not far away 

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

we're looking at starters, then we're replacing McAdams, Mullin, McAlear, Dipo (you would imagine) Maguire and Houston so far, so

4 of those players were subs more times than they started ( Houston through so many games missed injured) so saying we need to replace them as starters I think is off the mark 

So probably looking at needing bare minimum 

GK: Albinson/new GK

RB: New RB/Hewitt

CB: Musonda/McAllister

CB: New CB/McGinty

LB: Ecrepont/Reading 

RM: New Winger/Ashford

CM: Dempsey/Murodoch

CM: new attacking Midfielder/Smith

LM: New Winger/JML

ST: New striker to replace Akinyemi/McKenzie

ST: New Striker/Bryden 

Rest of squad depth

O.Ecrepont

D.Watret

D.Bangala

C.Jenkins

S.Tomlinson

J.Dolan

D.Viviani

M.Guthrie

maybe signed on for next season?

O’Connor

Edited by muZZa__44

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Unfortunately Maguire has to go down as one of the most disappointing signings I can remember. I expected him to be a good signing but he looks finished now. 

We would have gotten a return out of Maguire, if we played more football in the final third, rather than getting the ball upfront as quickly as possible.

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Unfortunately Maguire has to go down as one of the most disappointing signings I can remember. I expected him to be a good signing but he looks finished now. 

As he was out for so long there's always the wonder what he would be like with a full pre-season. Bullen etc should have a good idea though and obviously dont feel he will get back to anything like where he was, or he's asking for way over the odds so wasnt deemed worth it.

52 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

4 of those players were subs more times than they started ( Houston through so many games missed injured) so saying we need to replace them as starters I think is off the mark 

I was meaning from a budget perspective that they were initially signed as starters as opposed to fringe players.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

They were pretty much fringe players last year, so would expect the same again along with McKenzie.

If we're looking at starters, then we're replacing McAdams, Mullin, McAlear, Dipo (you would imagine) Maguire and Houston so far, so I'd expect 6x £1k per week quality players to be replacing them as starters, given that both Houston and McAdams were signed as starters.

You've then got O'Connor if he stays as decent cover / option or if not another wage freed up, same with the a few of the other fringe guys but all in all we should have a decent budget and then a couple of Loans on top.

As others have said, we were a bit heavy in squad numbers last year and I'd hope we'd go for a bit more quality over quantity next year.

If you think we are bringing 6 players of the quality of 1k a week wages you will be very disappointed.