The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

22 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

I get concerned when our rivals are announcing decent signings whilst we’re plugging a party at the portacabin before it’s torn down.

Get all the new singings along to the portacabin party for an introduction.

6 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I can’t believe we paid a fee for Houston. He has been bang average at best and as said previously we need major improvements at full back 

That's my thoughts. Not everything that comes from Sevco is going to be brilliant. Maxwell looks like a god next to Houston.

Edited by Roxanne's man
God not good

So with all the messages going out you presume we'll hear from the club on a full list. 

McAdams

Houston

Maguire

McCalister

Mullin

O'Connor 

Kirk - loan end

McAlear - loan end

Spoiler

Bangala

Bullen

Reading

?

26 minutes ago, Iain said:

Mullin is great if your fixture list involves playing Cove Rangers every week.

Scored or assisted against Dundee, QP, Morton, Partick, Raith x 2, Hamilton, Arbroath and Inverness outside Cove… so yeah the entire league. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Scored or assisted against Dundee, QP, Morton, Partick, Raith x 2, Hamilton, Arbroath and Inverness outside Cove… so yeah the entire league. 

Once each? 😀 (Outside Raith, obv.)

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Wonder what the outlay was on Maguire and Mullins contracts, must be some expenditure from January.

I dread to think what Maguire has cost us (in wages and a SC semi final, yes I'm still bitter). Soneone said on here he was on a grand a week but not sure how accurate that is. Sadly I feared he'd be another Beattie/Kyle type signing and so it transpired. Hope to god we dont sign him for next season 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Wonder what the outlay was on Maguire and Mullins contracts, must be some expenditure from January.

Maguire was on 1k a week

Think Mullin was on 2k a week at livi (ish) it won't have more than halved so a best case of £2k per week for them. 

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I dread to think what Maguire has cost us (in wages and a SC semi final, yes I'm still bitter). Soneone said on here he was on a grand a week but not sure how accurate that is. Sadly I feared he'd be another Beattie/Kyle type signing and so it transpired. Hope to god we dont sign him for next season 

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Maguire was on 1k a week

Think Mullin was on 2k a week at livi (ish) it won't have more than halved so a best case of £2k per week for them. 

The wage I had heard re Maguire was 1k a week plus £500 starting bonus.  Had no idea what Mullin was on.  So those 2 since February have cost around£40k - £50k if those figures are accurate :thumsup2

Edited by callum-ayr

5 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I've been told that wherever Mullin is away to it's a 3 year deal. We offered him 2.

Don't know how true it is, usually reliable though.

Well Raith signed Hamilton on a 3 year deal so would imgine that's him going there.  Worked with us and Musonda last year signing.

23 minutes ago, Iain said:

Once each? 😀 (Outside Raith, obv.)

You can argue all you want that we want more from a wide player, as Mullin is very much a numbers man. 

We can’t pretend that eight goals, and four assists in 22 league appearances isn’t incredibly good though and very hard to replace! 

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Well Raith signed Hamilton on a 3 year deal so would imgine that's him going there.  Worked with us and Musonda last year signing.

Aye and it also happened with Benedictus as well we offered him a 1 year deal (after probably one of those shambles of McGlynns contracts) but the pars offered him a 2 year deal and ultimately went there 

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I wonder if Mullin going means O’Connor might stay? Always seems he like he’s a good player coming off the bench but never seems to be there when he starts 

I’d be shocked if he stays.  Bullen never seemed to trust him and in truth he is probably right.  Occasionally made an impact as a sub, but rarely impressed when given a start.

1 minute ago, muZZa__44 said:

I wonder if Mullin going means O’Connor might stay? Always seems he like he’s a good player coming off the bench but never seems to be there when he starts 

With O’Connor I’d cut our losses. He doesn’t add anything to the team and when he starts he normally anonymous