The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

22 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Not to go full blown happy clapper but if anything shows how far we've come that's it.

Pretty much this . From when barr left us until we went full time again we wernt much better than a junior outfit. 2003 until 2017 pretty much full of junior jobbers with the exception of a few great players.  Thankfully we're going places  now and can only see premiership football in the next 3,4 seasons .

32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

AFAIK Bangala and Gondoh didn’t come from Glendinning. He also got us Ben Dempsey and Alex Kirk presumably. Musonda and McInroy were obviously well known by fans but he wouldn’t identified them as being ideal for how we want to play. 

It’s all swings and roundabouts and you’re going to sign some duds but he’s been fine for us in the most part.

When you starting the confirmed in and outs thread? There is kind of one just now but not structured correctly imo. 

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

When you starting the confirmed in and outs thread? There is kind of one just now but not structured correctly imo. 

Was waiting to see if someone else fancied a crack at it 😄.

Can do it if no one else can be arsed. 

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I didn't know he was still playing either.

Am I correct in thinking he and John Robertson (who also used to play for Ayr United) are brothers? Or do they just have the same surname?

Yes you are correct. 

3 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Is it just prize money you are looking at here? As you can add on at least £1.2 million onto The Caleys total just from ticket revenue from the Scottish Cup Semi and Final.

Yes, it was just prize money. I hadn't actually considered that the gate receipts would be worth so much but of course they will be, especially since the semi-final receipts are the aggregate split four ways.

I don't know if ICT have debts that urgently need to be paid off but if not then it should be a really interesting season ahead for them. I think Dodds is a good manager so if he recruits well they should be serious title contenders.

8 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I don't know if ICT have debts that urgently need to be paid off but if not then it should be a really interesting season ahead for them. I think Dodds is a good manager so if he recruits well they should be serious title contenders.

They lost >£800k last year and their auditors had concerns so you'd think there would be something to address there.

3 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Looking at Dunfermline's home league crowds, your figures look a bit light. I have their average as 4776 and given they only had 6 home games with less than 4000 that seems legit. That's where my £700-900k came from.

Irrespective of exact figures, it's clear we've had a very good season financially compared to other clubs around us and that should allow us to build for next season.

You are absolutely right, I can't count! That 700k is significant. Fortunately, Dunfermline only made £82,780 above their minimum income from prize money. But still, if they can keep a good number of those supporters for next season they will have a very healthy budget.

20 minutes ago, rgreig said:

You are absolutely right, I can't count! That 700k is significant. Fortunately, Dunfermline only made £82,780 above their minimum income from prize money. But still, if they can keep a good number of those supporters for next season they will have a very healthy budget.

On paper the league is going to be so much tougher next year. Dundee United will be strong favourites for the title while if county come down you'd expect Roy McGregor to fling cash at it to try and get them back up, similarly to what they done when they came down last time. I'd also expect Dunfermline and Airdrie to be a lot more competitive than Accies and Cove. With Raith having new owners you'd expect them to be stronger. It's crucial that we strength the team considerably or we could be in bother. 

20 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

On paper the league is going to be so much tougher next year. Dundee United will be strong favourites for the title while if county come down you'd expect Roy McGregor to fling cash at it to try and get them back up, similarly to what they done when they came down last time. I'd also expect Dunfermline and Airdrie to be a lot more competitive than Accies and Cove. With Raith having new owners you'd expect them to be stronger. It's crucial that we strength the team considerably or we could be in bother. 

The league will be tougher but don’t think Chairman will be giving manager a budget that can’t compete with most teams in the league , 

23 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Bullen’s interview on Friday to AU media was basically him saying that if Smith wants the club to compete next season then he needs a budget to try and compete and they also need experience in the squad. 

16 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yeah my worry is knowing the overbearing positivity some at the club have and that they lose sight of how close to 5th place that they really were.  

Next season is a worry for me, the players who are currently signed up doesn't exactly thrill me.  

Think we'll be looking at a bit of a natural regression and aiming to stay in the league. 

Could be make or break for the plan ™️

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Yeah my worry is knowing the overbearing positivity some at the club have and that they lose sight of how close to 5th place that they really were.  

Next season is a worry for me, the players who are currently signed up doesn't exactly thrill me.  

Think we'll be looking at a bit of a natural regression and aiming to stay in the league. 

Could be make or break for the plan ™️

We've managed to stay in the league this year as well. Though for some strange reason we needed to lose the playoffs to stay in the league.

16 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

We've managed to stay in the league this year as well. Though for some strange reason we needed to lose the playoffs to stay in the league.

Lumii_20230529_220736089.jpg

If the rumours are true about the size of the bid for Dipo, along with the prize money we have made and the money for Ben Doak, this could well be the best season financially we have ever had. 

When you take in to account the wages Barr was paying when we last finished second and got to the cup final and two semis

If we had got further in the cup, Mathie could have retired on his bonus. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If the rumours are true about the size of the bid for Dipo, along with the prize money we have made and the money for Ben Doak, this could well be the best season financially we have ever had. 

When you take in to account the wages Barr was paying when we last finished second and got to the cup final and two semis

If we had got further in the cup, Mathie could have retired on his bonus. 

Did we actually get money for Ben Doak? I was under the impression that we got f**k all for him.

17 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Did we actually get money for Ben Doak? I was under the impression that we got f**k all for him.

We (or maybe the academy) should have got £30,000 as a solidarity payment