The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

Has anyone heard anymore on potentially signing George Stanger from Allow?

IMG_1017.thumb.png.798588464a472349d9bb0a0c232b21f4.png

Bullen was apparently at a Halifax game few months back watching this guy, fits the Glendinning signing mould. Not sure if it has ever came to anything. 

For context, he was at Sheff Wed as a youth player, so Bullen more than likely will know him. 

Edited by callum-ayr

9 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Bullen was apparently at a Halifax game few months back watching this guy, fits the Glendinning signing mould. Not sure if it has ever came to anything. 

For context, he was at Sheff Wed as a youth player, so Bullen more than likely will know him. 

He’s not exactly prolific 

3 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

He’s not exactly prolific 

13 goals this season in a team that finished 11th in the league. 

As Callum says Adeloye and Akinyemi didn’t have brilliant records before coming up here. If there’s a striker bit at league scoring twenty goals then they automatically become out of our range. 

56 minutes ago, rgreig said:

Yes this is true although I assume the clubs reasonably accurately budget for gate receipts. I don't think the delta is as much as 700-900k though. Dunfermline had a total attendance in league 1 this season of 85,969 (according to Transfermarkt). That compares with 61,450 last season in the championship, so a very healthy increase indeed. We had 35,020 in 21/22 and 39,829 this season (which is a decent increase too). Assuming the average ticket cost is £15 that would be about 325k extra revenue. You can add catering revenue too to that.

Looking at Dunfermline's home league crowds, your figures look a bit light. I have their average as 4776 and given they only had 6 home games with less than 4000 that seems legit. That's where my £700-900k came from.

Irrespective of exact figures, it's clear we've had a very good season financially compared to other clubs around us and that should allow us to build for next season.

Edited by edinburghhonestman

2 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

Warming up for a trip to Oslo the following Saturday by playing Dam Park is different. Sure Haaland will be jealous.

I'll be amazed if Shankland plays in all honesty. Said last week I could just imagine Hearts rage if he tweaked something rolling the ball to some Ayr fan on the pitch at Dam Park. Would be peak Scottish fitba right enough 

I’d disagree and say Akinyemi had a good record before coming here. Tomi’s was dreadful. It’s hard to compare the levels of the leagues though. I trust they’ll get someone decent as English strikers seem to be their strong point.

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'll be amazed if Shankland plays in all honesty. Said last week I could just imagine Hearts rage if he tweaked something rolling the ball to some Ayr fan on the pitch at Dam Park. Would be peak Scottish fitba right enough 

Peak scottish football would be if he somehow got himself sent in a charity match against players who support him, played in Oslo and scored the winner, and UEFA discovered a hitherto-forgotten rule that says that red cards from charity matches carry for international games, and awarded it to Norway instead.

Over an hour with a man advantage for Wednesday and it's going to penalties.

30 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

6ft5 Target man is the exact type of striker i like to see if it could work i'm all for it

21 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Looks to fit their previous mould although not sure if his age makes it harder to develop for a fee. As he's from up north then it might mean a better chance of getting used to living in Scotland. Not sure if they will still target those leagues around London as it seems tough for the players to settle 

29 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yeah tbh when I first read the surname last week I assumed it was Mark.

I'm sure he might still turn up if not training but be surprised if he played especially considering Hutton is the opposition GK.

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

i'm shocked he's still playing at 42 for Hurlford

I didn't know he was still playing either.

Am I correct in thinking he and John Robertson (who also used to play for Ayr United) are brothers? Or do they just have the same surname?

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

I didn't know he was still playing either.

Am I correct in thinking he and John Robertson (who also used to play for Ayr United) are brothers? Or do they just have the same surname?

think it's just same surname thou the brothers thing reminds me of Martyn and Mark Campbell (Martyn actually ended up becoming my next favourite after Chris Left)