The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Also doesn't take in to account other revenue streams to get total income. Looking at average gates Dunfermline's receipts are probably £700-900k more than ours depending on what they charge.

Nor does it take in to account the financial state of the club. The good thing about Ayr is that we're in a good place financially so anything over budget should be able to be used to keep developing the squad rather than servicing debt.

Yes this is true although I assume the clubs reasonably accurately budget for gate receipts. I don't think the delta is as much as 700-900k though. Dunfermline had a total attendance in league 1 this season of 85,969 (according to Transfermarkt). That compares with 61,450 last season in the championship, so a very healthy increase indeed. We had 35,020 in 21/22 and 39,829 this season (which is a decent increase too). Assuming the average ticket cost is £15 that would be about 325k extra revenue. You can add catering revenue too to that.

I also calculated the prize money above the minimum the clubs could have budgeted for. I am not sure whether Dundee Utd's money from their European games was known ahead of time or not and it was significant. But the key figures are (these are the deltas above the minimum):

Ross County - £75,750

Dundee Utd - £624,520 or £59,020 depending on how you budget Europe

Inverness - £569,300

Ayr - £469,800

Partick - £289,420

Queen's Park - £272,100

Raith - £179,350

Morton - £120,700

Hamilton - £73,970 (but this excludes the Challenge Cup or whatever it is called)

Arbroath - £57,900

Cove - £3,000

If we can get £200k for Dipo then from the CFO's perspective this was an outstanding season and the prize money alone has just about made up for our smaller gate receipts than teams like Partick.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'm cooking curry.

I woke up at 7 and put a curry straight on. Might have another one for tea.

I see Wednesday are still level despite having had a man advantage for almost all of the second half. I assume Bullen's already passed a message from the stand suggesting that they ready three subs for the 85th minute mark.

17 minutes ago, rgreig said:

Yes this is true although I assume the clubs reasonably accurately budget for gate receipts. I don't think the delta is as much as 700-900k though. Dunfermline had a total attendance in league 1 this season of 85,969 (according to Transfermarkt). That compares with 61,450 last season in the championship, so a very healthy increase indeed. We had 35,020 in 21/22 and 39,829 this season (which is a decent increase too). Assuming the average ticket cost is £15 that would be about 325k extra revenue. You can add catering revenue too to that.

I also calculated the prize money above the minimum the clubs could have budgeted for. I am not sure whether Dundee Utd's money from their European games was known ahead of time or not and it was significant. But the key figures are (these are the deltas above the minimum):

Ross County - £75,750

Dundee Utd - £624,520 or £59,020 depending on how you budget Europe

Inverness - £569,300

Ayr - £469,800

Partick - £289,420

Queen's Park - £272,100

Raith - £179,350

Morton - £120,700

Hamilton - £73,970 (but this excludes the Challenge Cup or whatever it is called)

Arbroath - £57,900

Cove - £3,000

If we can get £200k for Dipo then from the CFO's perspective this was an outstanding season and the prize money alone has just about made up for our smaller gate receipts than teams like Partick.

Is it just prize money you are looking at here? As you can add on at least £1.2 million onto The Caleys total just from ticket revenue from the Scottish Cup Semi and Final.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’m talking about you club in turmoil, I have friends that were involved in the protests and they were concerned that the club would fold.

but here you are making jokes about it

Hate to admit this, but I agree.

That f***ing A*r lawyer nearly dragged us under before layering his own nest.

Horrible c*nt of a man with a constant smarmy grin on his coupon.

Is he still working in the town?
In case he’s reading this, I definitely don’t mean Agent Johnston.

1 minute ago, AllySloan said:

Has anyone heard anymore on potentially signing George Stanger from Allow?

Nothing else apart from it being reported that we were apparently interested in him a few weeks ago, and a couple of other teams were interested. 

Just now, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Hate to admit this, but I agree.

That f***ing A*r lawyer nearly dragged us under before layering his own nest.

Horrible c*nt of a man with a constant smarmy grin on his coupon.

Is he still working in the town?
In case he’s reading this, I definitely don’t mean Agent Johnston.

I was out in Prestwick years ago and Michael Johnston was in the same pub. I messaged my friend (who supports Killie) to tell him and he replied that he'd give me cash to go over and "stick the heid" on him.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I was out in Prestwick years ago and Michael Johnston was in the same pub. I messaged my friend (who supports Killie) to tell him and he replied that he'd give me cash to go over and "stick the heid" on him.

It would probably have improved his coupon.

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

I used to drink in the same pub as Jim Jeffries and Johnston when Jeffries was the Kilmarnock manager, Jim was a decent guy and talked a lot about football, he was a massive fan of Ryan Stevenson who was at Ayr at the time. 

Johnston was a twat, he would try and join in the conversation making smug comments that didn't make sense he would get ripped up for it constantly, The conversation just normally went round him. Stuart Gilmour the St Mirren chairman at the time drank there as well but they never spoke which I found odd.