The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

My mate works at a hotel in Ibiza, was saying he was speaking to Andy Ryan (ex-Accies, now at Larne I think) who's staying there and mentioned he'd been contacted by us. He's planning a move back to Scotland anyway to be closer to his family, but Gus MacPherson who's his father-in-law isn't keen on him joining Ayr because of his Killie history. Worth keeping an eye on potentially.

18 minutes ago, rb123! said:

We're back in 3 weeks apparantly, mental due to the lateness of the play offs and fact the league cup starts mid July

If it was known by the club then they would, I assume have a plan in place for the coming few days, to allow a new person time to plan pre-season and make a mark on the squad. 

Unless Bullen is going to jump ship unexpectedly to Dundee, I expect him to be in next week to sort out the retained/free'd players and then go off for a week or so on holiday before starting pre-season. 

4 minutes ago, southsiderayr said:

My mate works at a hotel in Ibiza, was saying he was speaking to Andy Ryan (ex-Accies, now at Larne I think) who's staying there and mentioned he'd been contacted by us. He's planning a move back to Scotland anyway to be closer to his family, but Gus MacPherson who's his father-in-law isn't keen on him joining Ayr because of his Killie history. Worth keeping an eye on potentially.

He's shagging someone who looks like Gus MacPherson?

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

We were going to groundshare with St Mirren if we went up. We were never serious contenders for the title, Hibs signed Sauzee and Latapy that season and were out of sight in the end.

Paisley every week sounds awful.  The players we got, such as Grady, Annand, McGinley, Yogi, Crabbe, McManus etc Could have played in a premier League team no bother.

Obviously at the time, I was too young to understand the leagues and how they worked 😅 I remember going to the Almondvale and being in complete Awe at the time. 

I don't hate anyone (Mick Hucknall being the exception) but I absolutely HATED Russell Latapy. Hibs, Team formerly known as Rangers and Falkirk, I hated him. Diving in the cup final is unforgivable.

2 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

he's been in and out the lineup 10 starts from 24 appearances, he gives it socks every game but there have been some games he has looked out his depth (the game away at Hamilton on TV being the biggest example) he was probably our 3rd choice midfielder behind Murdoch and Dempsey and was doing better then Bangala, but then of course McAlear came in and Hewitt replaced Bangala and gave him tougher competition and that lead to him getting less game time, hopeful he gets a better chance this coming season as i think he's a good squad player right now to have and should be trying to build him up as one of the top youth players in our team (along with Bryden)

Do you reckon McAlear will get offered a deal? Not been impressed and think we should look elsewhere. Also, was such a big fan of Dempsey but his form has nosedived the past few months for me

34 minutes ago, southsiderayr said:

That would be such a pathetic reason for a career decision.

18 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

Do you reckon McAlear will get offered a deal? Not been impressed and think we should look elsewhere. Also, was such a big fan of Dempsey but his form has nosedived the past few months for me

I bloody hope not. 

19 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

Not a chance 

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Just confirmed safety and they come on here like flies to shite. Big ooft.

Do you struggle with reading the time in 24 hour format?

You’re scrapping the barrel there.

Anyway I can always ask Alexa what time it is.

”Alexa what time is it?”

”8 past Albinson”

29 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Enjoy the Championship again next season lads. Let the big teams worry about the Premiership.

You'll be doing lots of worrying again next season when you shitfest your way to your ambitious third bottom...again

2 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

You'll be doing lots of worrying again next season when you shitfest your way to your ambitious third bottom...again

When was the last time your club was good enough to finish third bottom of the top flight? Were you even alive? 

Ambitious is a great word to use but I think your aiming it at the wrong team.

Edited by Sortmeout

Worth pointing out that there have been more posts by Kilmarnock fans in this thread in the past few days than there has been posts by Kilmarnock fans in the Kilmarnock thread.

In fact, the Kilmarnock thread lies neglected with no posts in it since Thursday. 

"One sided rivalry" though.

Edited by Richey Edwards