The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'd be sending both Smith and Bryden to put on some muscle. Too easily pushed off the ball imo. Smith certainly looks the part when put on, finds and pass and goes into a challenge. Bryden has speed and his goal at Cove was amazing (Also my son's favourite player, it's a Ginger Thing.)

I hope they both develop over the next season as I dislike the idea of another McGuffey 😔 Maybe a loan at a lower level, like what was done with McAllister at Clyde, he came back better imo.

agreed i think the likes of Smith, Bryden, Jenkins, Watret and Tomlinson's all go out on loan while you have the likes of Bilham, Jeanes, Bangala, Viviani, Dolan who have all been out on loan can add cover on the bench

31 minutes ago, rgreig said:

On that basis, it seems 1m would be very competitive?

The first team has 29 players right now. Dividing that down would give 35k, which is about 650 a week. About a quarter of them are academy signings and are presumably quite a bit below that. Most of the rest will be on quite a bit more.

Dalziel's galacticos had a million for a playing budget two decades ago, but it's easy to forget now that the turn of the century might as well exist in a parallel fucking universe as far as Scottish football is concerned.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I'm not so sure. When he had a bitch at you, he was responsible for the fuckup and fixing it, which he didn't seem likely to do. I imagine he was under immense pressure, buying the club you have supported s a boy, investing a small fortune in to it and immediately making a James Hunt of your second big decision after sacking Kerr. I am sure Smith would have felt hugely embarrassed at the impact Hopkin had. That being said, with every owner or chairman, they should be accountable and every decision scrutinised or you end up like Clyde, Hamilton, Airdrie, Clydebank. Morton, Inverness, Gretna, Dundee, Livingston, Motherwell,  Rangers, Raith, Kilmarnock....... 

He now has Mathie in between him and the football bit and I would hope Smith has had a chat with him over the last couple of days about how shite that was on Friday.
Mathie can conger up all the hashtags he wants (Smith had a dig at it after the Inverness game) and project charters but losing 5-0 at home in a vital game, where players were hiding and did not compete at all is a major failing that reflects badly on the club.
Smith had done his bit, Mathie has made changes to things that should benefit the club in the medium and long term but on the park needs major surgery and thats up to Mathie, through Bullen to fix. 

The fuck is this pish?

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Do you have or have had someone running your club that has made an arse of things while telling the fans that everything is ok? Or is obviously bad at running a club? 

Not to anywhere near the extent you’re implying. Money wise, we should be in the black this time next year. Due to us being able to beat teams in the league below us. 

Show your working as to why The Caley, Killie, Hamilton etc have been lumped in with clubs that have been in administration or gone bust.

22 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Dalziel's galacticos had a million for a playing budget two decades ago, but it's easy to forget now that the turn of the century might as well exist in a parallel fucking universe as far as Scottish football is concerned

Dalziel pissed any money he had up a wall. He pretty much had a premiership team but got thwarted by a shitty Airdrie side. Plus the ruling that Somerset wasn't good enough for the spl 🙄

I actually remember the shite talk of Bill Barr bringing down the stadium in Airdrie to build in Ayr, down past the old stampworks. I was only 9 at the time, so actually believed this nonsense.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Not to anywhere near the extent you’re implying. Money wise, we should be in the black this time next year. Due to us being able to beat teams in the league below us. 

Show your working as to why The Caley, Killie, Hamilton etc have been lumped in with clubs that have been in administration or gone bust.

I didn’t mention administration so you can unclutch your pearls.

I include Ayr in this, no one questioned the Barr era and it nearly killed the club. More people should have been looking at what he was doing. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I didn’t mention administration so you can unclutch your pearls.

I include Ayr in this, no one questioned the Barr era and it nearly killed the club. More people should have been looking at what he was doing. 

You listed all clubs who had entered it so it was clearly implied. 

I wouldn’t worry too much. You lucked out with Akinyemi this season, you’ll be back to fodder without him next season. 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

You listed all clubs who had entered it so it was clearly implied. 

I wouldn’t worry too much. You lucked out with Akinyemi this season, you’ll be back to fodder without him next season. 

steam in two footed with mock offence, try and double down and then end in an insult.

Thanks for your input 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

steam in two footed with mock offence, try and double down and then end in an insult.

Thanks for your input 

You were rightly called out for a daft comment which had clear implication. 

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You were rightly called out for a daft comment which had clear implication. 

Ooft, hangover? Sunstroke? Perma-rager? 

“I read what you said and misunderstood, I had you explain it  but I still know what you REALLY Meant and I am furious” 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ooft, hangover? Sunstroke? Perma-rager? 

“I read what you said and misunderstood, I had you explain it  but I still know what you REALLY Meant and I am furious” 

By the way, you didn’t include Ayr in your daft comment. You only backtracked to include them when you were called out on it.  You clearly implied ‘we could end up like these clubs if we’re not careful’. 

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

By the way, you didn’t include Ayr in your daft comment. You only backtracked to include them when you were called out on it.  You clearly implied ‘we could end up like these clubs if we’re not careful’. 

Backtracking 

Implied

image.gif.ec620e192fbfecf1f80d98e81e97efff.gif

Enjoy your night mate

1 hour ago, muZZa__44 said:

agreed i think the likes of Smith, Bryden, Jenkins, Watret and Tomlinson's all go out on loan while you have the likes of Bilham, Jeanes, Bangala, Viviani, Dolan who have all been out on loan can add cover on the bench

Half those players won’t be at Somerset next season I believe 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Will Bullen do you reckon? 

The players will be back in in 5 weeks so it would be announced this week. 

Reading between the lines of the past few days, comments from Mullen and Bullen both suggest there won’t be a change. Bullen mentioned for the first time in an interview about next season. 

52 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Dalziel pissed any money he had up a wall. He pretty much had a premiership team but got thwarted by a shitty Airdrie side. Plus the ruling that Somerset wasn't good enough for the spl

We were going to groundshare with St Mirren if we went up. We were never serious contenders for the title, Hibs signed Sauzee and Latapy that season and were out of sight in the end.

Such a strange season overall.  A 2nd place finish is clear progress, but it has been undercut by too many really bad days at the office.  When you keep getting it so badly wrong in the big games then it starts to look like a pattern.  As things stand, the question for me is whether Bullen can learn from his mistakes and develop as a manager.  I’ve no doubt the club will give him the chance to do so.  

Clearly we need a huge summer in terms of recruitment - I’d say 5 of the players who started on Friday (Ashford, McKenzie, Reading, McAllister and McAlear) just aren’t championship standard players - its a worry that 3 of them are signed up for next season.  I’m pretty sure dross like JML and Bangala are signed as well, so hopefully our hands aren’t tied too much.  

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We were going to groundshare with St Mirren if we went up. We were never serious contenders for the title, Hibs signed Sauzee and Latapy that season and were out of sight in the end.

People forget that that season was in the era of a ten team premier league.  If we think the championship is competitive these days…

29 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The players will be back in in 5 weeks so it would be announced this week. 

We're back in 3 weeks apparantly, mental due to the lateness of the play offs and fact the league cup starts mid July