The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

42 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

WATTOO needs to log off. That's an absolute minter of a post.

SHUT UP DO YOU NOT REALISE WE WERE NEARLY RELEGATED LAST YEAR!!!

Keep buying the 1st/2nd/3rd/training kit, season tickets, lottery membership, and a payment to the player fund and keep my chairman’s name out your fucking mouth

58 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, where as on here we've got the opposite as there's a group with an agenda who've done nothing but whine like spoiled little children or gossip and tell tales like the school clipe in order to try and talk down Bullen, Smith or anyone else in authority.

I can only assume they feel rejected or screwed over by something that's happened to them personally and are now intent on causing as much trouble as they can.

Parasocial relationships with authority figures are quite embarrassing imo. Taking criticism of a person one has never met as a personal affront is the sort of thing that people should grow out of around five years old.

20 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Spot the conservative voter.

what is your problem with people in poverty? Do you not respect poor people? 

U wot m8. Boasting on a football forum about your football club ripping off the tax payer while poverty in your town was made into a TV show? Mmmkay

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I spoke to a couple of Thistle fans I know and they were incredibly butthurt about anyone suggesting that Muirhead was cheating. Despite -

anyone with a working set of eyes seeing what happened.  
anyone who has seen or hear of Aaron Muirhead knowing what he is like. 

It is maybe a "Glasgow club" thing

It was understanding that it was 'a red card, and deserved to be one' thing

And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have been 'butthurt', but more likely laughing at your myopic ranting.

Edited by baba douche

For what it's worth I fully expect the target next season to be avoiding relegation again. The squad needs a complete rebuild: McGinty and Dempsey are the only ones contracted past the end of next season who are proven at this level, and the club absolutely needs two new full backs and at least two goalscorers.

I also expect Bullen to stay. He achieved more than his remit and plainly gets on well with the board.

Will the football be eye-bleedingly awful? Probably. Will the club be back to getting no more than five goals out of anyone all season? Probably. Will the club be bottom of the table after getting cuffed 4-0 at home by fucking Airdrie? Magic eight ball indicates uncertainty at this time.

2 minutes ago, baba douche said:

It was understanding that it was 'a red card, and deserved to be one' thing

And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have been 'butthurt', but more likely laughing at your myopic ranting.

Aye, kind of like this, an absolute affront to reality.

Not even a hint of self awareness.

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

Extra money for 2nd is useful but still limited in what we can do due to address certain areas due to players being under contract for next season without moving them on first.

Does anyone have an idea of what a competitive playing budget for the championship would be? I have been trying to figure it out based on published accounts but it is tricky since the majority of clubs at our level get away with filing accounts for a small company (which means just a balance sheet not an income statement).

Partick do file full accounts and for the year ending May 2022 they had a total employee budget of just under 1.9m - but that is on the basis of 26 playing staff and an astonishing 74 other staff. Queen's Park's most recent accounts were for the period when they were in League 1 and showed about 1.6m in total on staff.

On that basis, it seems 1m would be very competitive?

4 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Callum’s interview was woeful - magnificent success but then managing to blame Dipo for red mist for shoving someone off him after getting strangled. 

Anyway - Bullen has admitted how poor it was, I think we just need to move on from the singing incident. I can kind of see how it happened in terms of some fans singing and joining it in terms of being defiant or whatever. It’s not something I would have done, but I guess everyone is different. Time to move on from the clusterfuck of the last two games - hopefully a Monday morning update from Mathie about the coming season. Excited to see who we bring in! 

Yes this ... 💯

We got beat ...let's get over it and draw a line under it..

No point in crying over spilled milk ...we pick ourselves up and go again...

Hope we make some strong signings and have a good go again next season

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Out of the out of contract lot I'd be only looking to offer deals to Josh Mullin and Nicholas McAllister. The rest can move on. I don't know enough about Jeanes or Bilham to really judge in fairness. 

I'd be keeping Daire also. Totally underused and it's a crime that Maguire got a look in before him.

36 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

SHUT UP DO YOU NOT REALISE WE WERE NEARLY RELEGATED LAST YEAR!!!

Keep buying the 1st/2nd/3rd/training kit, season tickets, lottery membership, and a payment to the player fund and keep my chairman’s name out your fucking mouth

Apologies, normal service has been resumed...

takemymoney.thumb.jpg.3490c84acd34fa210f0dcd7f1d38741b.jpg

i would keep O'Connor as well i just don't think he would want to cause Bullen for some reason does not rate him, Bilham and Jeanes i can't really comment on but i wouldn't be too fussed if they stay or go really 

We should be able to improve significantly in the wide areas. O’Connor has been underused but his actual output in terms of goals isn’t good enough and we need more than just strikers to be scoring goals next season when Dipo leaves. 

10 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

What does everyone think of Paul Smith? I think he started the last game of last season and I thought he was immense. But this season he's barely had a look in. Should he be starting at CM next season?

he's been in and out the lineup 10 starts from 24 appearances, he gives it socks every game but there have been some games he has looked out his depth (the game away at Hamilton on TV being the biggest example) he was probably our 3rd choice midfielder behind Murdoch and Dempsey and was doing better then Bangala, but then of course McAlear came in and Hewitt replaced Bangala and gave him tougher competition and that lead to him getting less game time, hopeful he gets a better chance this coming season as i think he's a good squad player right now to have and should be trying to build him up as one of the top youth players in our team (along with Bryden)

Edited by muZZa__44

16 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

What does everyone think of Paul Smith? I think he started the last game of last season and I thought he was immense. But this season he's barely had a look in. Should he be starting at CM next season?

I like the look of him at times but he's been miles off it at other times. Jury still very much out, for me. 

I think the club may have wanted Smith to go out on loan, we were very much in for Sibbald and McInroy as well as signing Bangala (remember him?) It seems likely Smith would have been out at a L1 or L2 club gaining vital experience had either of those three panned out. 

Edited by Shibuya

4 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

he's been in and out the lineup 10 starts from 24 appearances, he gives it socks every game but there have been some games he has looked out his depth (the game away at Hamilton on TV being the biggest example) he was probably our 3rd choice midfielder behind Murdoch and Dempsey and was doing better then Bangala, but then of course McAlear came in and them that lead to him getting less game time, hopeful he gets a better chance this coming season as i think he's a good squad player right now to have and should be trying to build him up as one of the top youth players in our team (along with Bryden)

I'd be sending both Smith and Bryden to put on some muscle. Too easily pushed off the ball imo. Smith certainly looks the part when put on, finds and pass and goes into a challenge. Bryden has speed and his goal at Cove was amazing (Also my son's favourite player, it's a Ginger Thing.)

I hope they both develop over the next season as I dislike the idea of another McGuffey 😔 Maybe a loan at a lower level, like what was done with McAllister at Clyde, he came back better imo.

22 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'd be keeping Daire also. Totally underused and it's a crime that Maguire got a look in before him.

16 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

i would keep O'Connor as well i just don't think he would want to cause Bullen for some reason does not rate him, Bilham and Jeanes i can't really comment on but i wouldn't be too fussed if they stay or go really 

Nah not for me. Don't think Bullen particular rates him and anytime he has played I don't think he's really se the heather alight. I'd be hoping Mullin re-signs along with another winger (McCowan?) who I'd expect to be 1st choice. We already have Ashford and JML signed up as the back ups.