The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

That said if we keep up this ungrateful pish he will end up walking....

See Hamilton Academical...for an example 

FFS, the chairman isn't a wee boy with the petted lip who'll go its my baw and go in the huff. Criticism goes with the territory of being a football club owner. I expect he's faced it with his construction company as well.

You can't please everyone all of the time, it's impossible. 

I think you do the Smith a disservice with your posts. 

Moreover, no one is in fact criticising Smith!

6 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

The play-offs render 2nd place redundant IMO. Especially when you make as much of a c**t of the play offs as we did.

It's like passing your driving test then instantly going drink driving and losing your licence.

This is as wild a take as I've seen posted all day.

If Scotland got to the semi final of a world cup (hear me out) and lost - say 6-0 - to Brazil, would that render the run to the Semi's redundant?

Just now, Derry Alli said:

If Scotland got to the semi final of a world cup (hear me out) and lost - say 6-0 - to Brazil, would that render the run to the Semi's redundant?

You lost me with your hypothetical. I couldn't imagine that at all. 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

You lost me with your hypothetical. I couldn't imagine that at all. 🤦‍♂️

Sorry, I'll try again.

2 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

If Scotland got to the world cup (hear me out) and lost - say 6-0 - to Brazil, would that render the run to there redundant?

Edited by Derry Alli

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Just listened to Bullen’s post match interview, and it was decent to be fair to him… 

Was that the BBC one? The person asking the questions was butchering the english language as much as Calum. And they are meant to be a professional. Maybe Calum is not that bad... 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

They've still got their current ground, it'll cost a good few million to upgrade it but they'll be fine.

If Bournemouth can play in the Premier League with a 12000 capacity, then there's no reason why Luton couldn't.

Screenshot_20230527-220500.thumb.png.802049015d326e44464f8303f03be343.png

20 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

That said if we keep up this ungrateful pish he will end up walking....

See Hamilton Academical...for an example 

What ungrateful pish, daring to suggest that getting humped 8-0 is unacceptable?

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Was that the BBC one? The person asking the questions was butchering the english language as much as Calum. And they are meant to be a professional. Maybe Calum is not that bad... 🤷‍♂️ 

Lets not exaggerate now, being a little kind to Callum… 😂

But yeah - the BBC one!

24 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Lets not exaggerate now, being a little kind to Callum… 😂

But yeah - the BBC one!

I dunno mate, she took about 30 seconds on the first question and reeled off some superlatives about the team and Bully. I could be misrembering of course.

46 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I highly doubt Smith is going to walk away because a few fans on a football forum have dared to criticise the club. For every single negative thing said there will be another positive comment stroking his ego.  

What ego? 

He doesn’t seem anything other than a decent guy trying to take the club forward. 

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What ego? 

He doesn’t seem anything other than a decent guy trying to take the club forward. 

Everyone has an ego, I probably didn't word it great. What I meant is for every negative comment on here he will have people patting him on the back and praising him. 

See, I personally have no criticism of Smith 🤔 Other than trying to hold on to the glorious nostalgia of the North Terrace, standing watching with my papa at 8 years old, it's never going to be forgotten but if it can be improved and for the better, why complain?

Onwards and upwards.

Smith has brought this club on leaps and bounds since The Mark Roberts regime. I think if we were to criticize, we'd simply be shallow or nit picking......

......yeah, he hired David Hopkin but we all make mistakes. 😒 That was clearly a personal development for Smith I reckon 😂

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Everyone has an ego, I probably didn't word it great. What I meant is for every negative comment on here he will have people patting him on the back and praising him. 

Ah okay fair enough. 

I think it’s easy to forget that there’s only a small number of Ayr fans on here. And the actual views of the fan base as a whole is far more even than on here. 

I’m at the point where this season is by and I’m by with football for a few weeks. Need some Mathie content to brainwash me into looking forward to next season and then I’ll be happy.