The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

i think McAllister has improved since last season and is still young enough IMO to improve more, Houston i would let go no doubt and Hewitt if he's still contracted for a while i would let him go out on loan again to get more first time action

5 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I think it's clear enough. Players at our level can be replaced.

It took us three years to get a striker on the same level as Akinyemi. Adeloye was decent but let’s not pretend there was a load of scouting going on there. Todorov and Ugwu has already knocked us back and Hopkin needed someone readily available that he already had knowledge of. 

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d persevere with Hewitt for another year and let McAllister go. 

Hopefully we hear after Monday from someone, somewhere in the club. 

McAllister is only a year older then Hewitt, so I don’t see that one at all! Plus McAllister can cover two positions relatively competently.  

Hewitt is similar to McAllister in that he just isn’t good enough on the ball to play central midfield. He definitely isn’t better at RB than McAllister - doesn’t have the same physicality. 

I would happily loan Hewitt out again for six months and see how he goes. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

It took us three years to get a striker on the same level as Akinyemi. Adeloye was decent but let’s not pretend there was a load of scouting going on there. Todorov and Ugwu has already knocked us back and Hopkin needed someone readily available that he already had knowledge of. 

But it still doesn't get away from the fact that players can be replaced. Luck plays it's part at times, but that's the same for most teams.

The overall standard of the league being what it is should give hope that good recruitment can carry teams a long way. 

We don't do badly overall.

Now that my jets have cooled I would like to reiterate a previous point ...what a bunch of moany negative c***ts we are .....happy clappers this happy clappers that ....whats wrong with being positive???

Yeah we were shit and and all agree it is an embarrassing and sore end to the season ....but that's football ...

Partick were the  better team.....

All our good play this season revolved round ONE player as we put all our eggs in one basket with Akinyemi....and he was injured and got sent off in play offs.....so getting beat was always going to happen when playing an in form Partick..

Another point in which I think we can all agree on ....Bullen managed to get us to finish 2nd with a fairly poor squad who almost got relegated 2 years running....Dipo aside and maybe Chalmers and Mullen we didn't have any real quality ...

So imagine ...just imaging if we build and add 5/6 quality players next season......

But for the love of god just bloody give Smith and the board a bloody chance ....we are lucky to have him and he actually has a bloody decent plan for us going forward....

Please don't scare him off with your over the top negativity....

Get behind the team, buy tickets, shirts and cheer the boys on whoever is wearing the shirts...

and hey if you can't deal with getting beat or any sort of disappointment whatsoever ...go support Man City....

Rome wasn't built in a day .....let's see where we are in 5 years time ......

Regardless I will be there supporting them ...

As they are my team whether they are pish or not ....lol

Moan the Honest men.

P.s Muirhead is a thunder C**T........

Edited by OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton
Error

9 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Now that my jets have cooled I would like to reiterate a previous point ...what a bunch of moany negative c***ts we are .....happy clappers this happy clappers that ....whats wrong with being positive???

Yeah we were shit and and all agree it is an embarrassing and sore end to the season ....but that's football ...

All our good play this season revolved round ONE player as we put all our eggs in one basket with Akinyemi....and he was injured and got sent off in play offs.....so getting beat was always going to happen when playing an in form Partick..

Another point in which I think we can all agree on ....Bullen managed to get us to finish 2nd with a fairly poor squad who almost got relegated 2 years running....Dipo aside and maybe Chalmers and Mullen we didn't have any real quality ...

So imagine ...just imaging if we build and add 5/6 quality players next season......

But for the love of god just bloody give Smith and the board a bloody chance ....we are lucky to have him and he actually has a bloody decent plan for us going forward....

Get behind the team, buy tickets, shirts and cheer the boys on whoever is wearing the shirts...

and hey if you can't deal with getting beat or any sort of disappointment whatsoever ...go support Man City....

Moan the Honest men.

Congratulations, you are the bestest fan

9 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

🤮🤮🤮

8 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Moan the Honest men.

1) We lost 8-0 - that is mortifying. 

2) Everyone was very much behind the team over the two legs, even at 3-0 down. The support was let down, not the other way about. 

3) Dipo not playing does not in any way excuse the performances. People are rightly criticising the team for that, but many are also saying it was a good season overall in terms of finishing position. 

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

By posting that picture you’ve basically just made my point for me.

Chuffed with one win at Rugby Park in a season where we won the league and you guys finished below us (as you have done for the last 33 season).

Enjoy your joke club.

What a desperado 😂

Seriously though, this is desperate stuff. 

32 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Moan the Honest men.

stillgame-birthdaycairdpish.gif.e4595dab65771954030a27175a31a8e6.gif

53 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

I haven't seen anyone in the last few pages criticising Smith. In fact, there has been lots of posts recently about how it's exciting that plans are afoot etc with the new North Terrace etc. I'm personally very excited about where we could go in the coming years, so long as things go right on the pitch. Undoubtedly there are over reactions here and there (myself included) but it's entirely fair in my opinion after the kind of performance we showed over 180 minutes.

I really dislike the sanctimonious kind of... if you don't like disappointment or getting beat go support one of the old firm or man city or "Get behind the team, buy tickets, shirts and cheer the boys on whoever is wearing the shirts "

We all do follow the team, we all buy merchandise and we all want the best possible outcome from the players on the park. We're all on the same page here.

It was 8-0. In what is undoubtedly our biggest game(s) for decades. Cmon mate. In the same way that supporters are entitled to throw out endless praise after a good result (I'm very guilty of this), they are equally entitled to be upset at what they see as a pathetic and embarrassing performance. 

Edited by AuAl

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

By posting that picture you’ve basically just made my point for me.

Chuffed with one win at Rugby Park in a season where we won the league and you guys finished below us (as you have done for the last 33 season).

Enjoy your joke club.

Your club got the banks to write off £13 million of debt!  You manky f*ckers have got the cheek to call any club a joke club.

Edited by Buckfast

The pro-happy-clapper contingent would do well to look at A Great Feeling At Cappielow and how even the least shagged poster on this entire forum has been reduced, years later, to claiming that making a profit despite finishing fifth is basically a renaissance.

As for scaring Smith off: the club made a profit this year, will easily make a profit next year, and he can walk into the pub he built and have anyone nearby offer him a drink. Criticising the manager's ineptitude is not even felt-tips-on-bedsheets territory, never mind leaving dead cats on the chairman's doorstep. Calm the f**k down.

Edited by Thumper

8 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I haven't seen anyone in the last few pages criticising Smith. In fact, there has been lots of posts recently about how it's exciting that plans are afoot etc with the new North Terrace etc. I'm personally very excited about where we could go in the coming years, so long as things go right on the pitch. Undoubtedly there are over reactions here and there (myself included) but it's entirely fair in my opinion after the kind of performance we showed over 180 minutes.

I really dislike the sanctimonious kind of... if you don't like disappointment or getting beat go support one of the old firm or man city or "Get behind the team, buy tickets, shirts and cheer the boys on whoever is wearing the shirts "

We all do follow the team, we all buy merchandise and we all want the best possible outcome from the players on the park. We're all on the same page here.

It was 8-0. In what is undoubtedly our biggest game(s) for decades. Cmon mate. In the same way that supporters are entitled to throw out endless praise after a good result (I'm very guilty of this), they are equally entitled to be upset at what they see as a pathetic and embarrassing performance. 

That said if we keep up this ungrateful pish he will end up walking....

See Hamilton Academical...for an example 

1 minute ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Accies are a money pit and have been for years. Smith literally made money running Ayr this year, something that was unthinkable for about the last fifteen years. Smith is a good businessman and therefore is unlikely to throw this all away because someone criticised Lee Bullen on a forum.

6 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

No he won’t because no one is criticising him despite what you think. 

6 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

I highly doubt Smith is going to walk away because a few fans on a football forum have dared to criticise the club. For every single negative thing said there will be another positive comment stroking his ego.