The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

It’s a complete riddy of a video but I can’t believe I’ve just read someone say that’s made them decide he should be sacked.

That’s up there with the people now saying that Musonda was actually shite all along.

Someone next to me said last night that Musonda should never have been starting games. 

He was strolling through them all season, got injured, came back and kept up his usual standards. He’s been hammered because of the Falkirk game and now last week. Aye he’s been poor over both games but his injury was one of the reasons we collapsed in the first place. 

The Musonda stuff is a very strange. He's been good for most of the games he has played this season.

Irritated me last night that McAllister was getting praise from some folk around me for occasionally attempting a strong tackle, despite the fact he was consistently losing his man and being run ragged.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Someone next to me said last night that Musonda should never have been starting games. 

He was strolling through them all season, got injured, came back and kept up his usual standards. He’s been hammered because of the Falkirk game and now last week. Aye he’s been poor over both games but his injury was one of the reasons we collapsed in the first place. 

Who would they have started instead then? He did not magically become shite just because he had a couple of below par games. He was hardly the worst offender in the Falkirk game. The whole team was shite in that game.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Who would they have started instead then? He did not magically become shite just because he had a couple of below par games. He was hardly the worst offender in the Falkirk game. The whole team was shite in that game.

To be fair, he did give away a needless penalty for the equaliser then scored their winner. It’s not outrageous to say he was the worst offender in that one.

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:

The Musonda stuff is a very strange. He's been good for most of the games he has played this season.

Irritated me last night that McAllister was getting praise from some folk around me for occasionally attempting a strong tackle, despite the fact he was consistently losing his man and being run ragged.

I don't know what folk want from the centre backs.  Generally they are good enough for the Championship top half.  

They are given zero protection from their full backs or the midfield in front of them and they have a goalkeeper behind them that struggles with shots from range.  

They've all had more good games than bad, if Kirk was ours we wouldn't be making a signing in that position in the summer because it's just not required.  

31 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I take it you mean 6 or 7 into the starting 11? I expect we'll be busier than that as we replace squad players and move some players contracted on (I'm looking at you Paddy!).

If you think we're going into next season with 7 new players in our starting 11, I think you'll be disappointed.

That's too many too soon. It's got to be gradual progress or else you risk undoing the previous good work, and as disappointing as the last week has been, there definitely has been that.

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I don't know what folk want from the centre backs.  Generally they are good enough for the Championship top half.  

They are given zero protection from their full backs or the midfield in front of them and they have a goalkeeper behind them that struggles with shots from range.  

They've all had more good games than bad, if Kirk was ours we wouldn't be making a signing in that position in the summer because it's just not required.  

Aye I’d agree 

I criticised Musonda in the Firhill game as he went walkabout a few times and seemed to playing at a slower pace which was allowing Graham to get the better of him. 

I was all for keeping McAllister this summer but I think I’d rather see him and Houston both go as we should be able to get far better in.

6 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

If you think we're going into next season with 7 new players in our starting 11, I think you'll be disappointed.

That's too many too soon. It's got to be gradual progress or else you risk undoing the previous good work, and as disappointing as the last week has been, there definitely has been that.

Of the starting eleven that played last night we won’t have Akinyemi, McAllister, Ashford or McKenzie starting most games next season. I only discounted Reading as I genuinely do not know what’s going to happen with him being under contract. 

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Outside of our striker, I think the CB's have been our most solid position this season.

Most of the time they've done exactly what is required of them as championship CB's. The same cannot be said for a lot of other positions on the park, most especially at the fullback positions. 

If we start next season with Reading / McAllister as out first choices I'll be seething before a ball is kicked.

Edited by AuAl

56 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I'm not sure I buy into the risk of more. 

This season (granted we had a stinker last year so worth the risk?) we had Musonda, Kirk, JML, Mullin, Chalmers, Young, Dipo, McGuire, McAlear. Not playing all at once but a decent chunk of them.

Assuming Dipo, Mullin & Kirk are all away.

There is only Albinson, McGinty, Musonda and Dempsey I'd be happy to see starting games. Murdoch is a question mark for me and Smith is possible. So let's say one of them starts. 5 players.

The next chunk of players are all squad players for me... Ashford, JML, O'Connor, Bryden and McKenzie.

McGuire and McAlear can just go.

Reading, Houston and McAllister can go as well.

Are you expecting we'll be starting more than 5 members of this team next season. That is a sobering thought. I think I may need to lie down in a darkened room.

Edited by Trogdor

We need an overhaul, Right now, there is probably 6 players that are good enough and maybe another 4 that could be kept as competent filler. I don't think there is a foundation to build on at the moment, Dipo aside, there isn't a player I would lose a minutes sleep over losing. 

We need full backs midfielders and forwards of all descriptions. 

Just before half time I had a realisation that Ashford wasn't playing but I had seen his name on the team sheet and I thought there had been a change, I was trying to work out who had replaced him. It took me a couple of minutes to work out that Ashford actually was playing. He was hiding better than Mullen.  O'Conner and JML can go, all the full backs. McAlear will no doubt be back in Scotland in the next 6 months on loan to Falkirk, Airdrie or QOTS. 

The last two games showed why half these players have scud booked their way round half a dozen clubs before they turned 21. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm not sure I buy into the risk of more. 

This season (granted we had a stinker last year so worth the risk?) we had Musonda, Kirk, JML, Mullin, Chalmers, Young, Dipo, McGuire, McAlear. Not playing all at once but a decent chunk of them.

Assuming Dipo, Mullin & Kirk are all away.

There is only Albinson, McGinty, Musonda and Dempsey I'd be happy to see starting games. Murdoch is a question mark for me and Smith is possible. So let's say one of them starts. 5 players.

The next chunk of players are all squad players for me... Ashford, JML, O'Connor, Bryden and McKenzie.

McGuire and McAlear can just go.

Reading, Houston and McAllister can go as well.

Are you expecting we'll be starting more than 5 members of this team next season. That is a sobering thought. I think may I need to lie down in a darkened room.

We should only replace the players that betray our dear leader leave in the summer.  

If we do that we will win the league because there are no problems due to almost being relegated in 2021/22. 

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

The most frustrating thing for me is the nature of the first goal. It was literally a carbon copy of what Partick did to us the week before. What exactly were we working on in training?

Yes, I think we need to look at the coaching as well. Our fullbacks had no idea what they were supposed to be doing last night. While we all know that neither of them is great, I think it's becoming clear as we look at the many failings in the team that we need to upgrade the coaching staff (with the obvious exception of the goalkeeping coach).

I'm very interested to hear the next interviews from Bullen and Mathie. While I expect them to emphasise the positives about the last season they do also need to be honest with fans about the thigs that were unacceptable and which need to be improved, and tell us how they are going to do that.

As an outsider, I can totally understand Hubgate. A group of fans were a bit emotional and started a defiant sing song to lighten the load. Bullen recognises their loyalty and shows solidarity with them. I think it a positive for him. 

7 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

As an outsider, I can totally understand Hubgate. A group of fans were a bit emotional and started a defiant sing song to lighten the load. Bullen recognises their loyalty and shows solidarity with them. I think it a positive for him. 

It would be worse if he was seen singing with Thistle fans. 

I'm not arsed about it. Fair play to him for going in to the hub and facing fans, maybe overly emotional he joined in a song and maybe got a few folk in there back onside

Frustrating thing was we had a larger home support at the game than we had in many a year. I think most would have not expected us to overturn the 3-0 lead but they would have expected us to put up a fight. 

We had a half chance in the opening minutes but apart from that did not threaten to score.  Partick Thistle could have another 4 or more goals and they took their foot off the gas late on.  In the first game Mullin was close to getting sent off after around 20 minutes when he pushed a Thistle player and Dipo did the same thing around 20 minutes too and got sent off.  Daft lack of discipline...   Just a horrid week to be an Ayr fan.

Edited by stevep56

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Regardless of what happened on the pitch nothing should be done whilst it’s still raw. I get there’s a lot of anger and frustration but I also think there has to be recognition that we’ve had a good season and the players deserved some praise at the last game of the season. 

There's not enough anger and frustration. Our manager and a lot of our fans see an 8-0 defeat as a cause for celebration. Yes we finished second but the play-offs are a separate entity. I still fail to understand the psyche of happy clappers.

3 hours ago, AuAl said:

.FxIQ5YFWIAkZ4ZL.jpg.b9c0463acf5b4347319099bf89152a82.jpg

This pic is somehow worse than the video. Take out the text at the bottom and how would you explain this to someone if they saw it and asked you about it. Then you've got Bullen the Redeemer posed in all his glory.

Been an awful lot of cringe moments from the club this season, ultimately it's harmless and you don't bother with it cause it's not really targeted at you, but it can get a bit galling.