The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Don't think anyone has an issue with Bullen being in the hub post match.  He could well have taken the easy option and just buggered off and not talk to supporters after that so, if I'm being kind, he at least showed face.

That said, he needs to be much more self-aware and perhaps more professional than that.  Yes, finishing 2nd is an achievement that we should be pleased with but the immediate aftermath of an embarrassing capitulation live on TV is not the time to do it.  The fact he did that does surprise me somewhat given that one thing Bullen seems to be very good at is the communication side of things.  I don't think it's exemplifying a winning mindset to the players, almost as if there's an acceptance of we were never going to go up anyway so it doesn't matter.  

By all accounts, at least McGinty showed contrition when he was there.  We can debate his merits as a footballer but at least he's setting a better example in the wake of that embarrassment than the manager did.  

17 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

This is the reasonable take. 

Wonder if anyone raging were also on the pitch or having blow offs in pubs at the end of last season celebrating not being relegated. 

I expect the opposite is more likely.

Anyone celebrating avoiding relegation like a league win was probably the same folk singing in the hub last night. The venn diagram would look like one circle.

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

Don't think anyone has an issue with Bullen being in the hub post match.  He could well have taken the easy option and just buggered off and not talk to supporters after that so, if I'm being kind, he at least showed face.

That said, he needs to be much more self-aware and perhaps more professional than that.  Yes, finishing 2nd is an achievement that we should be pleased with but the immediate aftermath of an embarrassing capitulation live on TV is not the time to do it.  The fact he did that does surprise me somewhat given that one thing Bullen seems to be very good at is the communication side of things.  I don't think it's exemplifying a winning mindset to the players, almost as if there's an acceptance of we were never going to go up anyway so it doesn't matter.  

By all accounts, at least McGinty showed contrition when he was there.  We can debate his merits as a footballer but at least he's setting a better example in the wake of that embarrassment than the manager did.  

Yep, this. 

I'm not one for thinking they need to lock themselves away in a dark room just cause they got beat.  

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I expect the opposite is more likely.

Anyone celebrating avoiding relegation like a league win was probably the same folk singing in the hub last night. The venn diagram would look like one circle.

Perhaps. And the world will keep spinning on its axis.

Let's get this season binned, there's undoubtedly been huge progress made but also massive signs that we are still very much a work in progress on and off the pitch. There will be peaks and troughs along the way.

It'll be really interesting to see how our recruitment goes in the summer.

Time to take a few days to let things cool down and then I think around 6 or 7 would be the number of changes we'll probably see. Any more than that is a risky strategy.

I wouldn't be against Paul Smith seeing an upturn in minutes next season either, though in a central midfield 3. Tidy in possession and a good range of passes.

50 minutes ago, Young Eddie said:

I can't understand how folk are wetting their knickers at this video. Fans in the hub drowning their sorrows after the game and start a bit of a drunken sing song in which the manager joins in actually makes me respect the guy more. Fair play to him for connecting with the fans in that way. Someone filmed it and uploaded it out of context and now some P&B fans with an agenda get all worked up. There's no story here, Bullen hasn't committed some heinous atrocity (well, apart from the last 2 games and Christmas onwards arguably) and folk need to relax about this daft wee vid.

I will never get over this tendency (wattoo is the worst for it) to ascribe sinister motives to people finding fault with things at the club. What exactly is the agenda being hinted at here?

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Folk are acting like Bullen should’ve been locking himself in a dark room in shame after last night when in all honesty the players let us down just as much as he did.

Patrick Reading might be getting paid to impersonate a football player, but he isn't forcing Bullen to pick him. Literally a machine to generate free goals for the opposition and there he was on the team sheet again.

Simple rule: if you, as a manager, come out of a game saying that a given performance was unacceptable, and then you proceed to let the same clowns run the same circus again in the future, then your word is meaningless. Literally nothing has improved in over six months.

Aye I'll be happy to move on and think about next season in a couple weeks. Just a bit seething the now about how it ended.

We should have a good budget to spend. A high finish is to be congratulated and we will undoubtedly get a good fee for Dipo.

Our transfer business last summer was quite mixed overall, with a couple of excellent finds. Hopefully we can get it right more than we get it wrong in the summer.

13 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Let's get this season binned, there's undoubtedly been huge progress made but also massive signs that we are still very much a work in progress on and off the pitch. There will be peaks and troughs along the way.

It'll be really interesting to see how our recruitment goes in the summer.

Time to take a few days to let things cool down and then I think around 6 or 7 would be the number of changes we'll probably see. Any more than that is a risky strategy.

I wouldn't be against Paul Smith seeing an upturn in minutes next season either, though in a central midfield 3. Tidy in possession and a good range of passes.

I thought Smith was about the only one I’d give pass marks to last night. Baffling that McAlear has been getting games in front of him.

13 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I take it you mean 6 or 7 into the starting 11? I expect we'll be busier than that as we replace squad players and move some players contracted on (I'm looking at you Paddy!).

It feels like dejavu with Paul Smith. Were we not saying that after a game against Thistle at the end of last season? He then bearly got a look in.

The centre of midfield is an issue for us. Particularly when it comes to retaining possession and controlling the game.

At the end of the day you got 2nd place because of your striker so the season should be embraced. But if your striker goes it probably won't be happening again next season.

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The centre of midfield is an issue for us. Particularly when it comes to retaining possession and controlling the game.

Was thinking this yesterday.

Clearly McAlear is just awful.

Murdoch, Dempsey and Smith are all quite similar imo. As you say, I feel it limits our ability to control the game and take the game to opponents when we can't really adapt in the middle of the park.

Edited by AuAl

57 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Can people stop saying Limmy's Show came on after the football please. It was Still Game first, as is always the case on a Friday night after the football, then Limmy's Show.

Listen, if people can't even get the BBC Scotland channel schedule right then why should we consider their views on the conduct of the manager?

4 minutes ago, Iain said:

Listen, if people can't even get the BBC Scotland channel schedule right then why should we consider their views on the conduct of the manager?

I know, shame on them for attending the game as opposed to watching it on BBC Scotland.

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I take it you mean 6 or 7 into the starting 11? I expect we'll be busier than that as we replace squad players and move some players contracted on (I'm looking at you Paddy!).

It feels like dejavu with Paul Smith. Were we not saying that after a game against Thistle at the end of last season? He then bearly got a look in.

I would be trying to get Spencer from Raith, or similar anyway - someone able to take the ball and control games. Dempsey in there alongside and bring in a new attacking midfielder. Smith and Murdoch as very able back ups. 

Dempsey has been criticised over recent months, but important to remember it is his first full senior campaign and he has basically been an ever present too. 

It’s a complete riddy of a video but I can’t believe I’ve just read someone say that’s made them decide he should be sacked.

That’s up there with the people now saying that Musonda was actually shite all along.