The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I think that last night was worse than Falkirk, well the two games were. Because it offers a pretty good insight into what next season will look like unlike there's radical changes in the squad or Bullen's management. Very easily could end up doing an Arbroath.

Or worse

7 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Or just get a tactical assistant manager? Sandy Stewart.

Does he not normally come as part of a double act with Owen Coyle?

I never bought the argument that Sandy Stewart was the brains behind the operation under Uncle Ian tbh. However, its irrefutable that we played some beautiful stuff when he was caretaker (prior to Kerr).

I've resisted calling for Bullen's head and have had my posterior perched firmly on the fence up to now. However, the video at the hub following that dismal performance has nudged me into GTF territory. I'm all out of goodwill.

Edited by Trogdor

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

At the first goal if he'd tried to do any running at all that would have been nice.  

He was beaten out wide and stopped and then walked a little bit and stopped again.  That's him furthest forward player on the far side of the box here:

https://twitter.com/PartickThistle/status/1662174001337073666?t=Njz09r35WnHx52YYCRJR6g&s=19

I was meaning throughout the full match. He has regressed terribly. He was decent but inconsistent until bullen took over 

I can't understand how folk are wetting their knickers at this video. Fans in the hub drowning their sorrows after the game and start a bit of a drunken sing song in which the manager joins in actually makes me respect the guy more. Fair play to him for connecting with the fans in that way. Someone filmed it and uploaded it out of context and now some P&B fans with an agenda get all worked up. There's no story here, Bullen hasn't committed some heinous atrocity (well, apart from the last 2 games and Christmas onwards arguably) and folk need to relax about this daft wee vid.

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

I was meaning throughout the full match. He has regressed terribly. He was decent but inconsistent until bullen took over 

The inconsistency was he had the odd half decent game.  He's been absolutely shit in the vast majority of his appearances since joining.  

A pea hearted, talentless football player, who starts every week. 

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I've resisted calling for Bullen's head and have had my posterior perched firmly on the fence up to now. However, the video at the hub following that dismal performance has nudged me into GTF territory. I'm all out of goodwill.

Think many fans are on that fence. Absolutely no need for that in the hub.

Now, bearing in mind this was after the BBC had stopped filming at Somerset and the Limmy show is only twenty five minutes long 😐 it took Bullen less than 25 minutes after that absolute shambles on the pitch to giving it sing song in the hub.

1 minute ago, Young Eddie said:

I can't understand how folk are wetting their knickers at this video. Fans in the hub drowning their sorrows after the game and start a bit of a drunken sing song in which the manager joins in actually makes me respect the guy more. Fair play to him for connecting with the fans in that way. Someone filmed it and uploaded it out of context and now some P&B fans with an agenda get all worked up. There's no story here, Bullen hasn't committed some heinous atrocity (well, apart from the last 2 games and Christmas onwards arguably) and folk need to relax about this daft wee vid.

Why was he even in the hub he should have been penning his resignation letter. What we watched on that pitch  was an atrocity and he should have slinked off tail between his legs begging for forgiveness in his press conference. The guys out his depth and although he’s not on the pitch he set the team up and picks the team. We’ve been shit since November and a lot of that falls at his door with the tactics

9 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Think many fans are on that fence. Absolutely no need for that in the hub.

Now, bearing in mind this was after the BBC had stopped filming at Somerset and the Limmy show is only twenty five minutes long 😐 it took Bullen less than 25 minutes after that absolute shambles on the pitch to giving it sing song in the hub.

Still game was on at 10 and Limmy was on at half 10.

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Why was he even in the hub he should have been penning his resignation letter. What we watched on that pitch  was an atrocity and he should have slinked off tail between his legs begging for forgiveness in his press conference. The guys out his depth and although he’s not on the pitch he set the team up and picks the team. We’ve been shit since November and a lot of that falls at his door with the tactics

Probably went in to speak to the fans and thank them for their support which is an entirely normal thing to do. 

Regardless of what happened on the pitch nothing should be done whilst it’s still raw. I get there’s a lot of anger and frustration but I also think there has to be recognition that we’ve had a good season and the players deserved some praise at the last game of the season. 

15 minutes ago, Young Eddie said:

I red dotted you for the agenda part, I don't think that is fair at all on a great many on here. I was not anti Bullen, I am after last night. 

I can understand the point you are making with regarding engagement with supporters. However, I take the opposite view and its the straw that broke the camel's brittle back.

We are a professional football club who have just been bodied 8 nil on aggregate in our biggest game of the season. I expect the manager to have the sense to know when to join in and when to smile or nod politely. Its the sort of conduct I could imagine at a tinpot outfit like Darvel.

I get that people will see it differently but a show of defiance or engaging with the supporters is tenuous at best.

It was naive in the extreme. The manager represents the club and last night was an aberration not a moment to be seen to be celebrating. It sounds like some in the hub were utterly aghast at it as well so I'm not sure I buy the taken out of context point either.

Edited by Trogdor

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Regardless of what happened on the pitch nothing should be done whilst it’s still raw. I get there’s a lot of anger and frustration but I also think there has to be recognition that we’ve had a good season and the players deserved some praise at the last game of the season. 

Is that not what the player of the year or end of season awards are for? Bizarrely, I've never understood why those events happen before the seasons end. 

19 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Can people stop saying Limmy's Show came on after the football please. It was Still Game first, as is always the case on a Friday night after the football, then Limmy's Show.

Just now, Trogdor said:

Is that not what the player of the year or end of season awards are for? Bizarrely, I've never understood why those events happen before the seasons end. 

No me neither. It was the last game of the season though and fans were well within their right to show some appreciation and imo the players deserved it as well. 

Folk are acting like Bullen should’ve been locking himself in a dark room in shame after last night when in all honesty the players let us down just as much as he did. He was allowed to go to the hub last night to at the very least say thanks for all the support this season. 

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I red dotted you for the agenda part, I don't think that is fair at all on a great many on here. I was not anti Bullen, I am after last night. 

I can understand the point you are making with regarding engagement with supporters. However, I take the opposite view and its the straw that broke the camel's brittle back.

We are a professional football club who have just been bodied 8 nil on aggregate in our biggest game of the season. I expect the manager to have the sense to know when to join in and when to smile or nod politely. Its the sort of conduct I could imagine at a tinpot outfit like Darvel.

I get that people will see it differently but a show of defiance or engaging with the supporters is tenuous at best.

It was naive in the extreme. The manager represents the club and last night was an aberration not a moment to be seen to be celebrating. It sounds like some in the hub were utterly aghast at it as well so I'm not sure I buy the taken out of context point either.

No offense taken for the red dot mate, all good.

I said agenda as there are some folk here who look for the negative in everything Bullen does which is OTT  I've been totally underwhelmed by his football style and team selections but I think the only way he's leaving the role is through his own choosing. Next season will be the defining one in the Smith/Mathie/Bullen era so far; do we build on a drastically improved league finish from last season or do an Arbroath? Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No me neither. It was the last game of the season though and fans were well within their right to show some appreciation and imo the players deserved it as well. 

Folk are acting like Bullen should’ve been locking himself in a dark room in shame after last night when in all honesty the players let us down just as much as he did. He was allowed to go to the hub last night to at the very least say thanks for all the support this season. 

This is the reasonable take. 

Wonder if anyone raging were also on the pitch or having blow offs in pubs at the end of last season celebrating not being relegated. 

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don't really object to clapping them off. I probably wouldn't have after that but it's a personal judgement call. I wouldn't criticise those who did.

I've said all I want to on Bullen at the hub. A manager needs to have self awareness and judgement. I don't think he exercised either last night. There will be those who lap it up and those who are embrassed. I'm firmly in the later camp.

Edited by Trogdor