The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I thought that was parody.

I'd like to slap everyone of them across the gub with a trout!

Get a fucking grip, that's more tragic than wanting Uncle Ian back. We've just lost 8 nil over two legs to Partick Thistle and they're celebrating like we won the match.

That's fucking tinpot.

FML

It's incredible that on a night when Douglas Ross was linesman and Partick had their minter "never forgive" banner/flag this post humping singsong is the most tinpot thing of the night.

47 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

You talking about this guy? I have a mate that starts next week and was worried about the fitness test. You can imagine what my message him was

IMG_1721.jpeg

I swear when we were around stood next to the dugout, he was kicking children out for not having a ticket 🤔

I mean ffs. They're children. Yes, give them into bother for running about daft (The Ayr team did that for 90 minutes.) But don't throw them out, that's the future support.

11 minutes ago, Frosty said:

So it’s a good job that wasn’t what Bullen did.

To put it in context from someone who had gone into the Hub to drown their sorrows after the match the place was pretty full when we walked in and the only club representative I saw then was Mathie who was speaking to various people.

The singing was started by the fans before any other club figures turned up - felt like an act of defiance more than anything else.

Sean McGinty then arrived - think he had come in to pick up his wife. We’d just talked about whether any of the players would front up and come in and it didn’t surprise me that McGinty was the one to have the bottle to do so. He got a good reception and the fans started singing his name. Rightly so too in my view.

Shortly after McGinty left Smith and the rest of the board came in along with Bullen. Bullen certainly didn’t start any singing as it had started long before he arrived and it just carried on. Did people really expect him not to join in or the crowd to start booing?

And don’t be in any doubt about what Bullen thought about last night - I had a brief word with him and he was crystal clear that it was an embarrassment and not good enough even though we were down to 10 men for most of the match.

I’m not sure any of that explains how Bullen ended up standing on a chair participating/leading a sing song.  The players who had the good sense to leave quietly made the right decision.  

13 minutes ago, Frosty said:

To put it in context from someone who had gone into the Hub to drown their sorrows after the match the place was pretty full when we walked in and the only club representative I saw then was Mathie who was speaking to various people.

The singing was started by the fans before any other club figures turned up - felt like an act of defiance more than anything else.

Sean McGinty then arrived - think he had come in to pick up his wife. We’d just talked about whether any of the players would front up and come in and it didn’t surprise me that McGinty was the one to have the bottle to do so. He got a good reception and the fans started singing his name. Rightly so too in my view.

Shortly after McGinty left Smith and the rest of the board came in along with Bullen. Bullen certainly didn’t start any singing as it had started long before he arrived and it just carried on. Did people really expect him not to join in or the crowd to start booing?

And don’t be in any doubt about what Bullen thought about last night - I had a brief word with him and he was crystal clear that it was an embarrassment and not good enough even though we were down to 10 men for most of the match.

McGintys partner was at the corner between the SRE and the disabled section and he looked absolutely gutted when he walked over to talk to her. 

There’s not much else to do now besides wait for the club to come out and say what’s happening next season. 

My one and only expectation was that the team would put in a better performance that they did in the first leg. They did not even manage that. In fact, they were much much worse. The first leg was a comfortable defeat, but last night was a night of shame.

Literally the only positive from last night is that hopefully it's the last we see of most of those players. Goodbye and good riddance. 

10 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I’m not sure any of that explains how Bullen ended up standing on a chair participating/leading a sing song.  The players who had the good sense to leave quietly made the right decision.  

It's a game of football. Chill out.

18 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Is that you, Lee?

Sorry, but none of that in any way, shape or form is ANY kind of reasonable explanation for those entirely embarrassing scenes.

Of course I would expect him not to be leading chants of Super Ayr on a table after that fucking shit show served up to fans.

Even worse doing it so soon afterwards when it's so raw.

The starstruck fans joining in with that just utterly baffle me.

Excruciating video.

The most frustrating thing for me is the nature of the first goal. It was literally a carbon copy of what Partick did to us the week before. What exactly were we working on in training?

It's almost like Bullen's approach and team talk was keep doing what you were doing last week except this time get the ball to Dipo. 

That capitulation at home is utterly shocking. I don't buy the singing in defiance. He has hoodwinked a section of our support into thinking he knows what he is doing. I don't know if they are starstruck or lovestruck but dear god, they need to wake up.

He is the bald Hopkin who benefitted greatly from having Akinyemi in the team. He's taken us as far as he can and its time for him to go.

I thank him for his efforts but he's not the man to move us forward.

3 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

It's a game of football. Chill out.

The amount of glares I got for deciding to stay behind and clap the team off the pitch was hilarious. 

Aye the performance was embarrassing but in no way should it overshadow the season as a whole and the least they deserved was a bit of recognition in the last game of the season. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

The most frustrating thing for me is the nature of the first goal. It was literally a carbon copy of what Partick did to us the week before. What exactly were we working on in training?

It's almost like Bullen's approach and team talk was keep doing what you were doing last week except this time get the ball to Dipo. 

That capitulation at home is utterly shocking. I don't buy the singing in defiance. He has hoodwinked a section of our support into thinking he knows what he is doing. I don't know if they are starstruck or lovestruck but dear god, they need to wake up.

He is the bald Hopkin who benefitted greatly from having Akinyemi in the team. He's taken us as far as he can and its time for him to go.

I thank him for his efforts but he's not the man to move us forward.

This 100%

However, the problem is who would replace him? 

We could say McCall a million times over and would make a lick of difference 😒

I'm sure someone will bring up Owen Coyle😒

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

This 100%

Don't bother appointing a permanent manager and just let Davie White be caretaker indefinitely. He's done a good job as caretaker before.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The amount of glares I got for deciding to stay behind and clap the team off the pitch was hilarious. 

Aye the performance was embarrassing but in no way should it overshadow the season as a whole and the least they deserved was a bit of recognition in the last game of the season. 

I did the same - it certainly wasn’t for the performance on the pitch either though. 

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

This 100%

I'm not keen on going back so it's a hard pass on Uncle Ian (thanks for the memories though).

I'd take someone who can setup a team. Bullen is clearly a good talker and man motivator but tactically he is utterly inept. He also has an incredible blind spot for those who run about contributing f**k all.

I'd quite like a double act next time. If we go for an newbie then we need an experienced assistant (who's been there and done it!). 

I had one of my work mates with me - he wanted to see Dipo in action, he’s a Hartlepool fan and runs the lower league look podcast. He was shocked at how bad we were, after they scored the first goal he saw exactly what Bullen obviously can’t see. Midfield were easily beaten fullbacks can’t defend and centre backs made a meal of clearing the ball. He specifically mentioned reading doing a load of running but not actually doing anything and he liked Mcallisters passion but he isn’t a right back.

I know reading is contracted for next season but he cannot be first choice.

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm not keen on going back so it's a hard pass on Uncle Ian (thanks for the memories though).

I'd take someone who can setup a team. Bullen is clearly a good talker and man motivator but tactically he is utterly inept. He also has an incredible blind spot for those who run about contributing f**k all.

I'd quite like a double act next time. If we go for an newbie then we need an experienced assistant (who's been there and done it!). 

Or just get a tactical assistant manager? Sandy Stewart.

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I had one of my work mates with me - he wanted to see Dipo in action, he’s a Hartlepool fan and runs the lower league look podcast. He was shocked at how bad we were, after they scored the first goal he saw exactly what Bullen obviously can’t see. Midfield were easily beaten fullbacks can’t defend and centre backs made a meal of clearing the ball. He specifically mentioned reading doing a load of running but not actually doing anything and he liked Mcallisters passion but he isn’t a right back.

I know reading is contracted for next season but he cannot be first choice.

At the first goal if he'd tried to do any running at all that would have been nice.  

He was beaten out wide and stopped and then walked a little bit and stopped again.  That's him furthest forward player on the far side of the box here:

https://twitter.com/PartickThistle/status/1662174001337073666?t=Njz09r35WnHx52YYCRJR6g&s=19

I think that last night was worse than Falkirk, well the two games were. Because it offers a pretty good insight into what next season will look like unless there's radical changes in the squad or Bullen's management. Very easily could end up doing an Arbroath.

Edited by UpInTheAyr