The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I just want to take a moment to applaud our support, who when asked to, and when it mattered, turned up in great numbers.

When we needed to, we hounded and pestered those that we know to come along to Somerset, Falkirk, Partick etc.

When going through that real pain last night, remember that when those on the pitch and in the dugout are long gone, we will still be there, and hopefully, we get the team we deserve.

9 hours ago, Hursty said:

How fucking small minded are we to be talking up Ian McCall, who is out of a job after being deservedly sacked before his replacement Kris Doolan (who at the time was coaching 7 year old kids at Queen Margaret among other places) has came in and turned them in to a cracking team who have just absolutely destroyed us twice?   Jeez. 

Deservedly sacked? Was that for being friends of the old board or due to cash flow issues? At the very start of the season McCall had Thistle motoring on before the injuries kicked in. Doolan has picked up the reigns when the injury list was clearing up. 

Can't deny Thistle have some really good forward players but the way we set up brought a lot of the problems on ourself. Not been following the league above much and know the teams too well. However should Thistle play a team willing to attack then i expect them to get opened up and take a bit of a beating

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Let’s not rewrite an entire season based off of a few games. He has been really poor over the playoffs and hasn’t been quite the same post injury but he was absolutely excellent up until getting injured. 

There was a spell last night where I thought Musonda was nowhere close to being 100% fit.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Let’s not rewrite an entire season based off of a few games. He has been really poor over the playoffs and hasn’t been quite the same post injury but he was absolutely excellent up until getting injured. 

Even before his injury, the form of Kirk and McGinty was pushing him down the pecking order.  The regression of Kirk in the 2nd half of the season was not a small issue for us.  Still rate him though, think he’ll be a solid centre back in the future, assuming he doesn’t keep picking up ankle injuries.

9 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I have just seen a video of Lee "Bully" Bullen singing songs and being cheered in the hub.  

https://twitter.com/itzdrk/status/1662230351912087554?t=DGTy4YEwnpif-PjQ8c-knQ&s=19

Our fans are a megariddy

Last night was not the time or the place for that. Should have be keeping the head down and apologising to fans for two big games worth of capitulation

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Even before his injury, the form of Kirk and McGinty was pushing him down the pecking order.  The regression of Kirk in the 2nd half of the season was not a small issue for us.  Still rate him though, think he’ll be a solid centre back in the future, assuming he doesn’t keep picking up ankle injuries.

I think you’ve just made that up tbh. Musonda played LB the odd time to try and get Reading out the team, but he has been our first choice defender all season when fit. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think you’ve just made that up tbh. Musonda played LB the odd time to try and get Reading out the team, but he has been our first choice defender all season when fit. 

At the start of the season perhaps.  But the form of Kirk and McGinty had made it an open question by the point Musonda got injured in early November.  Since his return, he’s been extremely average but has kept his place because Kirk faded a bit as the season went on.  We have bigger problems to fix in the summer I suppose, but really couldn’t care less if Musonda moves on before next season.  Injury prone and not that special anyway - Raith Rovers called it right.

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Aye, it takes some mental gymnastics to argue that McGinty and Kirk had forced Musonda out the team or to left back before he was injured.

Musonda went to left back to remove the biggest liability in the team. 

It is fair to say he hasn't been great post his injury. 

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, it takes some mental gymnastics to argue that McGinty and Kirk had forced Musonda out the team or to left back before he was injured.

Absolutely - we need a CB with some pace next to him next season as we are sorely lacking in that. 

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

The best entertainment of the night for me was seeing a copper getting hit with a cheeseburger. 

If it was the same one patrolling down the front of the SRE I’m sure he’d have been in his glory. 

On the video, I am praying to the gods that it’s more of a farewell thingy for Bullen and not some sort of end of season celebration for being pumped out the playoffs. It’s embarrassing either way but I can stomach it a bit more if he’s away in the next week or so. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If it was the same one patrolling down the front of the SRE I’m sure he’d have been in his glory. 

On the video, I am praying to the gods that it’s more of a farewell thingy for Bullen and not some sort of end of season celebration for being pumped out the playoffs. It’s embarrassing either way but I can stomach it a bit more if he’s away in the next week or so. 

You talking about this guy? I have a mate that starts next week and was worried about the fitness test. You can imagine what my message him was

IMG_1721.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Kirk was sat on the bench yesterday, alongside a few others, who looked so fed up, annoyed and frustrated. The look on Ben Dempsey's face when he came off said it all. Totally scunnert. (Of course I annoyed everyone on the bench with signing the pendant, my wee ginger prodigy insisted!)

Musonda was injured for too long, came back and never looked his best at all, however none of that helps with having incredibly bad full backs to constantly help with.

As for the Bullen sing song, the man is either pissed, on drugs, both or completely delirious. I think it's time for bye-bye as there's no real excuse for that shit show.

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

You talking about this guy? I have a mate that starts next week and was worried about the fitness test. You can imagine what my message him was

IMG_1721.jpeg

Aye him 

Pretty shocking that they let it get like that. 

I'm getting more angry the more I think on that video.

Can you imagine McGlynn rocking up in the Falkirk stadium and trying to start a song, he'd be lynched.

Least Falkirk got a couple of goals back.

Reminds me of the cup final v rangers, post game at the centrum. I spoke to Dalziel that night and he just sneered when I said at least we're for there.  Annoyed me at the time, but for once he was right.

1 hour ago, Caledonian said:

A lot of people applauded the team at the end. I just couldn't understand why.

I said the same. The masochist in me managed to stay till the end but there’s no way I was applauding anyone after that.

11 minutes ago, Peil said:

I'm getting more angry the more I think on that video.

Can you imagine McGlynn rocking up in the Falkirk stadium and trying to start a song, he'd be lynched.

So it’s a good job that wasn’t what Bullen did.

To put it in context from someone who had gone into the Hub to drown their sorrows after the match the place was pretty full when we walked in and the only club representative I saw then was Mathie who was speaking to various people.

The singing was started by the fans before any other club figures turned up - felt like an act of defiance more than anything else.

Sean McGinty then arrived - think he had come in to pick up his wife. We’d just talked about whether any of the players would front up and come in and it didn’t surprise me that McGinty was the one to have the bottle to do so. He got a good reception and the fans started singing his name. Rightly so too in my view.

Shortly after McGinty left Smith and the rest of the board came in along with Bullen. Bullen certainly didn’t start any singing as it had started long before he arrived and it just carried on. Did people really expect him not to join in or the crowd to start booing?

And don’t be in any doubt about what Bullen thought about last night - I had a brief word with him and he was crystal clear that it was an embarrassment and not good enough even though we were down to 10 men for most of the match.