The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Mod1967 said:

Surely your not having a go at Stevo here?

No, not at all 😅

At the very minimum, Stevo could play football and at least put in effort for his team, Ayr especially.

Did have a swagger about him though and often looked like he had an attitude problem...... Maguire has absolutely nothing to justify his swag approach at all.

Well how EMBARRASSING was that could it have been made any worse my god.

Well done thistle absolutely horsed two shite teams us and Queens, half the team could have played with there suits on tonight.

Doolan saying he’ll play the same open way in the final, if he does they will get opened up just like that tonight, Ross County or Killie will play with them.

Bullen just do a Coyle and walk along with Tait,White (stick to the boys fitba)

Glendinning I’m presuming scouted everything the 11 that came in Dipo and Albinson, the other 9 average and some worse than average you know who they are.

Mathie talks a good game typical administrator just stick to that, good to see your Dad there tonight looking well and must have been cringing through that.

Smith and McIntyre waxing lyrical after the Inverness game about how good Bullen is, my god get a grip.

Bullen if he stays will be away before Xmas next season, a good people person who hasn’t a clue how to put out a team and change things when it’s going wrong.

Rant over see you all next season as that’s what we do don’t we.

Echoes of Callum Davidson doing a lap of honour around the stadium, and declaring it a bigger achievement than a cup double, after winning last seasons play off v ICT, here.

If it is then youll get a Summer of Bullen suggesting a "club like Ayr" has no right to expect anything more than a top half Championship finish, before things get even worse.

7 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I have just seen a video of Lee "Bully" Bullen singing songs and being cheered in the hub.  

https://twitter.com/itzdrk/status/1662230351912087554?t=DGTy4YEwnpif-PjQ8c-knQ&s=19

Our fans are a megariddy

After just getting pumped 5-0 at home, 8-0 on aggregate in a Premiership Play Off Semi-Final.

That's a total fucking embarrassment. 

McGinty has gone from being a bombscare to being a bang average championship player. 

Other than that, which player has shown any sign of being coached this season? 

Why did they make the exact same defensive mistakes last night as they did last week? What did they do in training between those two games to shore up the defence?

How did they finish 2nd in the league? Baffling. I still don't know what Bullen is trying to achieve. What's his football philosophy? Is it just just "shell it long to the big lad and hope he does something," or is there more to it? 

Wholesale clearout needed. Keep Musonda and Albinson. Happily get rid of the rest.

10 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Sean McGinty's dad I think it was, refusing to sit down when the game was starting as he was standing in the front row of the stand. He was politely asked to sit down, and started offering square go's.

Kids crying, old folk wanting to take him on with their crutches. People eventually leaving their seats.

A steward eventually got him to sit after McGinty's wife, mum and brother had all left him by himself.

Biggest entertainment of the whole night. 

FTFM

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I cant believe that video. Lauding Bullen like he has led us to promotion. The guy lost any goodwill I had for him after the Falkirk debacle. Genuinely never thought I'd see the day I'd be pissed off after a season we finished 2nd, but I havent enjoyed this season. Home games were varying shades of shit 80% of the time, these 2 play off games have been embarrassing. We will accept mediocrity and we'll like it 😑

A lot of people applauded the team at the end. I just couldn't understand why.

8 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I don’t get all the love for Musonda he’s extremely average

He gets a free pass because he’s not McGinty.  And that 3 month lay off seemed to improve him no end.  But you’re right, he isn’t a particularly good defender, though he does have a bit of pace and distributes the ball pretty well.  Would be good if we could con someone into giving us a small transfer fee for him in the summer.

10 minutes ago, Nelson said:

He gets a free pass because he’s not McGinty.  And that 3 month lay off seemed to improve him no end.  But you’re right, he isn’t a particularly good defender, though he does have a bit of pace and distributes the ball pretty well.  Would be good if we could con someone into giving us a small transfer fee for him in the summer.

I'm hoping John Huges gets a gig somewhere. He did sign Slow Joe from us for a fee!

3 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Glendinning I’m presuming scouted everything the 11 that came in Dipo and Albinson, the other 9 average and some worse than average you know who they are.

What you trying to say here? That Glendinning scouted everyone that started or that he's responsible for 11 signings.

Confusing given you specifically mention Albinson who signed in July 2021 months before Glendinning arrived.

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Bang average imo. Will be glad to see the back of him if it gets rid of the zambian spammers on all the FB pages 

Let’s not rewrite an entire season based off of a few games. He has been really poor over the playoffs and hasn’t been quite the same post injury but he was absolutely excellent up until getting injured.