The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Folk would be hounding McCall out come winter when we start playing worse football than anything we’ve seen under Bullen. 

He also wouldn’t get full control of recruitment which is just about the only thing he’s good for considering he’s never on the training ground and let’s his number two do most of the team talks. 

Folk wanting him back need to move on. He’s a specky fud who thought he was bigger than us and his move totally backfired after he failed to take Thistle beyond anything he achieved with us. 

big question's need to be asked 

(1) why bring somebody in who speaks a different language with nobody who speaks his language in the team.

(2) why bring in players who hadn't played for weeks thay should have bring in players who where ready to go.

Don't see Bullen surviving that, not just the result but the manner of the defeats over the two legs, it was men against boys.

Red card made no difference as we were already 1-0 down at that point with it going on 2 or 3.

Bullen made massive cock ups tactically over the two games, everyone including a blind man running for the bus knew the LB position was going to be a weakness Thistle would expose yet he did absolutely nothing over the two legs to prevent this.

People go on about the club making an arse of not replacing Chalmers, IMO the even bigger mistake was sending Ecrepont out on loan when he should have been given a shot ahead of Reading. 

Season should never have ended on this note considering what we've done over the 36 games but these last two games have made everyone completely forget the previous 36, the two play off pumpings is all this season will be remembered for. 

The point blank refusal to sign a full back for either side this season despite not having a passable one cost us when it mattered.  

Instead we got Maguire on £1k a week.  

:lol:

Mathie gets too much of a free pass for allowing shit like that to go on. 

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Don't see Bullen surviving that, not just the result but the manner of the defeats over the two legs, it was men against boys.

Red card made no difference as we were already 1-0 down at that point with it going on 2 or 3.

Bullen made massive cock ups tactically over the two games, everyone including a blind man running for the bus knew the LB position was going to be a weakness Thistle would expose yet he did absolutely nothing over the two legs to prevent this.

People go on about the club making an arse of not replacing Chalmers, IMO the even bigger mistake was sending Ecrepont out on loan when he should have been given a shot ahead of Reading. 

Season should never have ended on this note considering what we've done over the 36 games but these last two games have made everyone completely forget the previous 36, the two play off pumpings is all this season will be remembered for. 

Pretty clear that the coaching team just don’t believe in Ecrepont.  I honestly can’t offer a view as I don’t remember him actually starting a league game in his preferred position.

2 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I don't want McCall back but let's be real, he was a better manager than Bullen was for us. His style of play was more fluid, didn't have to rely on one player and developed talent in the club.

That’s what has been missing for me, a manager who has decided on a style of play rather than some kind of kick and rush/hope Dipo scores tactic 

39 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Genuinely can’t make sense of this season.  Finishing 2nd is by any standard a serious achievement for an Ayr team, so why do I feel so pissed off with this team?  I guess there have been just too many nights like tonight.  Bullen seems like a good guy and he’s looked a bit broken after the last 2 games, but he just doesn’t seem to be able to set up a team when it really matters.  

It wasn't Bullen out there second to every ball. You can pick faults in tactics or selection but individually we were way off it tonight.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The point blank refusal to sign a full back for either side this season despite not having a passable one cost us when it mattered.  

Instead we got Maguire on £1k a week.  

:lol:

Mathie gets too much of a free pass for allowing shit like that to go on. 

Think the issue is that Bullen clearly rates Houston and Reading. If they’re fit, they play. It’s only been since last week that I’ve heard Bullen actually moan about defensive errors. 

Mathie can take some blame if it’s become clear that Bullen wants new full backs however I think something needs to give in the summer with regards to that. 

2 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I don't want McCall back but let's be real, he was a better manager than Bullen was for us. His style of play was more fluid, didn't have to rely on one player and developed talent in the club.

Are we talking about the same Ian McCall? 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think the issue is that Bullen clearly rates Houston and Reading. If they’re fit, they play. It’s only been since last week that I’ve heard Bullen actually moan about defensive errors. 

Mathie can take some blame if it’s become clear that Bullen wants new full backs however I think something needs to give in the summer with regards to that. 

Are we talking about the same Ian McCall? 

Well yeah, did you see the sauce with Kelly, McCowan and Forrest.