The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Truly pathetic stuff from us. That shouldn’t be happening, even with ten men. 

Colin Steven has always been an officious, goblin faced wee c**t so no surprises there. 

Genuinely disgusted that Muirhead made it off the pitch without being broken in half, but it sums up how weak we have been over the second half of the season. 

I loved the 2018/19 team and they only finished 4th and lost to Auchinleck. Yet the season before they won League 1 with over 100 goals and we built on it.

This team finishes 2nd and I genuinely wouldn't care if 3/4s of the squad left.

Football, eh?

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Colin Steven has always been an officious, goblin faced wee c**t so no surprises there. 

Genuinely disgusted that Muirhead made it off the pitch without being broken in half, but it sums up how weak we have been over the second half of the season. 

I think most referees nowadays would have shown a red.  Maybe that’s wrong, but if you lash out like that, you’re inviting trouble.  The only comfort is that it mattered not a jot.  

6 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Folk are rightly seething after an 8-0, which is unforgivable, but I can think of several teams that had many more shitebags in them than the current one.

There’s other massive failings and the football is often dire to watch but I don’t actively dislike them like I have with some other sides.

Aye it’s incredibly harsh to say they’re dislikable. It’s quite the opposite for me. They aren’t brilliant but you can see there’s a desire to try and do well. 

Also putting Mullin in the same bracket as Zanatta is borderline offensive. He’s not had the same impact since his injury but he also scored a big goal against Inverness a few weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We genuinely don’t have a single player that can just go and smash a tackle into someone in the opposition.  

This team has been gutless all season, propped up by Logan Chalmers, Young and Dipo. With the first two of those guys leaving in January we never looked like a good side and i still can't fathom how we finished 2nd. You watch the team and there are no leaders, there's no plan and without Dipo there is no chance of a decent result. 

Wholesale changes required. 

Just now, Nelson said:

I think most referees nowadays would have shown a red.  Maybe that’s wrong, but if you lash out like that, you’re inviting trouble.  The only comfort is that it mattered not a jot.  

If the ref had given the free kick at the first, second or third foul, it wouldn’t have escalated to what it did. Muirhead stitched Dipo up and he fell for it 

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

Goodbye North Terrace.

You deserved a better send off.

IMG20230526214442.jpg

It's no deid, mate. A decent chunk of it will remain.

I can't wait to see the work get started. Especially seeing the abomination that is the Hopsitality being destroyed.

The new stand is a proper statement of intent.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think the last two games have highlighted all our weaknesses - both in the playing squad and in the management.

I hope we are able to increase the quality throughout the squad. If we use the additional money we have received (or will receive from the sale of Akinyemi) wisely then this will ultimately be seen as an important season for us.

I hope that the Smith and Mathie are now under no illusions about how much investment this team needs in order to be able to challenge for promotion credibly.

Just now, Trogdor said:

I genuinely think Uncle Ian is a busted flush. He can pick a player but he doesn't seem to get the most out of them. Look at Thistle, those are his players but Doolan has them flying.

He also wouldn’t be in charge of recruitment if he came back, which in turn means there’s no chance he would want to come back.

He’ll rock up at Falkirk if McGlynn gets off to a poor start next season.

There's a fair amount of romanticism about McCall due to the team playing some good stuff at times and the players being popular despite the fact we were quite poor post Christmas in those two seasons. 

Reality is he had taken Ayr as far as he probably could and that's evidenced by the fact that he hasn't really done that much better at Partick with significantly better resources.