The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I don’t see where this 3000 strong home crowd is coming from. I’ve been to 30+ games this season myself and I can assure you I will not be spending £20 to watch a game where Ayr are already 3-0 down. If a miracle happens then so be it but it won’t mean much if we don’t win the final anyway.

Totally get folk going to stand on the NT for the last time though. I’m just more of an SRE guy.

55 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I don’t see where this 3000 strong home crowd is coming from. I’ve been to 30+ games this season myself and I can assure you I will not be spending £20 to watch a game where Ayr are already 3-0 down. If a miracle happens then so be it but it won’t mean much if we don’t win the final anyway.

Totally get folk going to stand on the NT for the last time though. I’m just more of an SRE guy.

I think there seems to be quite a few folk who think the North Terrace is becoming an all seated stand. It's the best of both worlds, there will be a roof, hospitality seats, and plenty of standing space too. So don't worry, you can still stand on the NT for many years to come 😍

8 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I've said a few times our best hope is someone 60% as good and better service to them. 

Yip. When we had Chalmers playing and Mullin was in form it wasn’t all about Dipo. Therefore it might not be so bad if we can get a couple of players around the level you quote and more contribution from elsewhere 

8 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

They have nearly still got 1000 tickets left to sell out their section so can’t see any need for them to try to get in home end , 

1000 ain’t much at all considering your next post. Or is it only Ayr fans that buy tickets in the run up to the game? 

6 hours ago, Young Eddie said:

I think there seems to be quite a few folk who think the North Terrace is becoming an all seated stand. It's the best of both worlds, there will be a roof, hospitality seats, and plenty of standing space too. So don't worry, you can still stand on the NT for many years to come 😍

I think everyone knows and is excited about the plans, it's just more the idea that I won't be able to go there at all next season. I love watching the games there so I want to go and enjoy it for the last time for a while. 

8 hours ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Around 1400/1500 so far as far as I know.

Well that's me just bought my ticket .I can see why folk wouldn't go though that performance the other night was unnaceptable  .

Just imagine the crowd if we had got at least a point at partick . I hear someone saw dipo training yesterday so that's a positive. 

9 hours ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Anyone who's a season ticket holder and who put themselves through miserable winter afternoons watching us get pumped by the likes of Albion Rovers is SURELY going to want to be there at unarguably the most important game in about the last 30 years, or at least you would certainly think so ??

I've said it a hundred times but I really can't understand all the negativity surrounding the club just now and would seriously like it explained as to why we're perceived to be a busted flush at the moment when this is without a doubt the top end of the Roller coaster ride given that we're realistically a league 1 to bottom end championship yo yo club or at least have been all throughout my lifetime.

2 hours ago, AyrExile said:

1000 ain’t much at all considering your next post. Or is it only Ayr fans that buy tickets in the run up to the game? 

Over 80% of tickets bought in last 48hrs is normally home fans 

18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Anyone who's a season ticket holder and who put themselves through miserable winter afternoons watching us get pumped by the likes of Albion Rovers is SURELY going to want to be there at unarguably the most important game in about the last 30 years, or at least you would certainly think so ??

I've said it a hundred times but I really can't understand all the negativity surrounding the club just now and would seriously like it explained as to why we're perceived to be a busted flush at the moment when this is without a doubt the top end of the Roller coaster ride given that we're realistically a league 1 to bottom end championship yo yo club or at least have been all throughout my lifetime.

You've had it explained to you several times however continue to have your fingers in your ears telling everyone that dares to criticise that everything is great. 

14 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Or a goal. Even that would have been enough to tempt me there if we were only two down, Dipo back or not.

Can understand why some people would not want to go tbh. Knew we’d probably get beat last Friday before we even got to firhill as we heard  that Dipo was out and could’ve just went to the pub right then but stranger things have happened, so went to show my support. I’ll be at Somerset on Friday again Dipo or not. Call me a mug but just need to hope, and that’s what kills you! 😂

Edited by malkyshotton

44 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

C’mon - we lost 3, going on 6 or 7 so it’s blatantly obvious why. With the current score line it doesn’t really have the feel of a massive game whatsoever. 

We have been a yo yo club due to awful mismanagement, that absolutely shouldn’t be the height of our ambitions. 

51 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

unarguably the most important game in about the last 30 years

Christ this tag has been bounced around about 5 times this season. I would be there had we shown any promise on Friday. Sadly it wasn’t just an off day, that was just the limit of that 11’s ability.

6 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

Can understand why some people would not want to go tbh. Knew we’d probably get beat last Friday before we even got to firhill as we heard  that Dipo was out and could’ve just went to the pub right then but stranger things have happened, so went to show my support. I’ll be at Somerset on Friday again Dipo or not. Call me a mug but just need to hope, and that’s what kills you! 😂

I've not been to the last few home games tbh. Had some sort of epiphany late in the season and I'm no longer just blindly following them like I used to. Just been incredibly bored watching them as of late, and it's too much of a chore.

Thought Friday we would have played for a draw or come out of it with a narrow defeat, but the whole manner of it has put me off completely for Friday.

1 minute ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Christ this tag has been bounced around about 5 times this season. I would be there had we shown any promise on Friday. Sadly it wasn’t just an off day, that was just the limit of that 11’s ability.

I'm just one of the 1,200 or so dafties that goes and watches them irrespective of what league they're in or even how bad they are playing so maybe it's me who's daft right enough. I've said it before but it's a day out with my mates and almost like a given that we go to the game on a Saturday and I suppose it could be argued that we maybe should be more demanding when parting with our hard earned cash.

Each to their own but the point I was making earlier is that I watched them through thick and thin when we had star players such as Brian Bilsland or hoping that Tam Woods would score a goal or two or that one of our numerous 30+ league 1 journeymen would suddenly turn into a superstar (it never happened) so for me this is like "the best of times" and honestly I'm over the moon with how this season has gone (both on and off the park) if I'm comparing it with the majority of the past 35 years that I've been watching them.

I do get that some of you maybe want more and maybe expect more and that's fair enough but I think we'll all just need to try and understand each others viewpoint as ultimately if we're all going to support the team then that's fair enough for me.