The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

i feel we overachived in general but just how we started off so great only to falter near the end and somehow still managed to finish second is a miracle, i wouldn't be trying to sack Bullen unless he decides to walk and see how he does next season without a miracle buy like Akinyemi but next season i'm just wanting midtable safety 

Does anyone think that the powers that be may be planning for a proper promotion push in another 3/4 years or so?

By that time, match day and non match day income streams should be running at full steam, with the new north stand development having had a couple of years operating.

Combined with the “selling model” it should hopefully create a war chest suitable for success.

With all that in mind, it may well be that Bullen is seen as the one to nurture us through this development phase?

I'm not going along on Friday. I am absolutely spent mentally.

I will be watching on the telly and hoping for a minor miracle. I hope Dipo is playing and Thistle lose a man early. 

I must have been at about 30+ games this season and that's with missing 2 or 3 home games.

I think I've earnt sitting this one out.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

The fan base need a boost before Friday IMO, that will just make it sound like he is still out tbh. 

I wouldn't risk making a big song and dance about him coming back for Friday and then it gets to Friday night and he's not in the team.

There would be a riot with fans thinking the club have just done it to exploit more ticket sales.

9 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

speaking of new RB's saw Jake Davidson was getting let go by Queens Park would he be worth a try?

I'd prefer the guy from Birmingham, Oakley? He was at Arbroath then Queens Park this season.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I will be watching on the telly and hoping for a minor miracle. I hope Dipo is playing and Thistle lose a man early. 

I must have been at about 30+ games this season and that's with missing 2 or 3 home games.

Could end up less than we took away on Friday 

Just now, AUFC 1910 said:

Could end up less than we took away on Friday 

Could well be, I think a lot of folks maybe got swept up in the euphoria and bought their ticket early though. I didn't, it was a self hedge of sorts. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

I think thats a guarantee. Thistle will outnumber our support I'd imagine. 

Bullen seems confident of there being a massive crowd on Friday, not sure where he's getting that from. 

I've already been speaking to a few "casual" Ayr fans if you want to call them that who were telling me on Friday that as long as it's still a close affair after the 1st leg they'll be at Somerset, funnily enough none of them are going now. 

Expect we'll probably have 3,000 max and Thistle will bring that down so will be 50/50, if it had been all to play for we could have probably brought out 4,000-5,000 to take it to about 7,000-8,000 at Somerset, shame as it would have been phenomenal to see the old place bouncing like that.

6 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Not sure he's particularly good, given QPs defensive frailties. 

That's fair thou i look at his stats and he had the same amount of goal contributions this season as McAllister, Reading and Houston combined (3 Goals and 3 Assists) which for me has been a problem for me all season with our fullbacks (thou i would say Davidson would be an upgrade on Houston with McAllister as the more defensive backup)

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Murder watching it on tele

11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Just imagine for a second that the minor miracle started to take shape and you are sitting at home… 👀

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I wouldn't risk making a big song and dance about him coming back for Friday and then it gets to Friday night and he's not in the team.

There would be a riot with fans thinking the club have just done it to exploit more ticket sales.

Obviously only say he is playing if they know he will be. 

28 minutes ago, Thumper said:

And I don't see anyone raising their heads above the parapet to say that if Akinyemi isn't replaced it's going to be the former.

Does anyone seriously think the club won’t replace Dipo though?

10 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

That's fair thou i look at his stats and he had the same amount of goal contributions this season as McAllister, Reading and Houston combined (3 Goals and 3 Assists) which for me has been a problem for me all season with our fullbacks (thou i would say Davidson would be an upgrade on Houston with McAllister as the more defensive backup)

In an ideal world we get Lewis Strapp at LB and Liam Smith at RB. We're Ayr fans though and we don't get nice things. We'll have Houston and Reading lining up come first game of the season and we'll enjoy it. 

32 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think Partick will play their own game regardless tbh - it made absolutely no difference on Friday night. If anything, it was our team that was set up as if we had no idea Dipo wasn’t playing. 

For me, the most important question for Friday is how we're going to set up in defence. I hope Bullen was sufficiently angry at our fullbacks to drop them both.

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

In an ideal world we get Lewis Strapp at LB and Liam Smith at RB. We're Ayr fans though and we don't get nice things. We'll have Houston and Reading lining up come first game of the season and we'll enjoy it. 

That's not funny. That defending on Friday is triggering my PTSD. 

Edited by Trogdor