The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

In terms of next season we’re probably looking at needing something like this.

Albinson 

New RB 

New CB 

Musonda/McGinty 

New LB 

Dempsey 

Murdoch 

New CM

Mullin

New ST

New LW

Subs, 

New GK, McAllister, New DEF, Reading, Smith, New MID, JML, McKenzie, New FW

Thats probably being ambitious as it’s unlikely Reading will bother hanging about if we actively sign a left back but in that case Ecrepont would just take his place. Think it’s far more likely that Ecrepont is given a chance in the league cup and if he does well enough then he’ll be in ahead of Reading. 

I think they'll prioritise retaining players who were involved in what the club feels was a successful season, so:

Albinson

McAllister - Musonda - McGinty - Reading

Murdoch - Dempsey - Smith

Mitchell Lawson - McKenzie - Ashford

as the presumptive starting line-up.

Just now, Iain said:

I think they'll prioritise retaining players who were involved in what the club feels was a successful season, so:

Albinson

hide GIF

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

Albinson

10th place - 2 wins.  

24 minutes ago, Iain said:

Albinson

Gadz

30 minutes ago, Iain said:

Albinson

I would say the chances of that being the starting 11 is zero 

It WAS a successful season however anyone tries to dress it up, however to think that we'll be going with a starting 11 which contains 5 of the fringe players from this season and does not include any new signings but also accounts for losing our best 3 or 4 players is just complete and utter drivel.

Curious to know what folk think will happen with Mullin.  He was on TV for the BBC game against QP as a guest while he was injured.  It seemed like he would be with us to the season end and then move elsewhere. I thought he was poor on Friday night, got booked early on and then substituted early too.  Is he a player that we should be doing all we can to keep?   

Edited by stevep56

5 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Curious to know what folk think will happen with Mullin.  He was TV for the BBC game against QP as a guest while he was injured.  It seemed like he would be with us to the season end and then move elsewhere. I thought he was poor on Friday night, got booked early on and then substituted early too.  Is he a player that we should be doing all we can to keep?   

Happy for him to go tbh

4 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Curious to know what folk think will happen with Mullin.  He was TV for the BBC game against QP as a guest while he was injured.  It seemed like he would be with us to the season end and then move elsewhere. I thought he was poor on Friday night, got booked early on and then substituted early too.  Is he a player that we should be doing all we can to keep?   

Agreed, I thought Friday was one of the worst performances we’ve seen from Josh to be honest. 
I’d like to keep him for next season but not worth breaking the bank for. 

5 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

He's not looked fully fit and definitely not match sharp since returning from injury, but there's no doubt that at his best he's a top end Championship performer with a great delivery and also a goal threat.

I'd definitely be wanting to keep him but certainly wouldn't be throwing silly money at him due to his age as much as anything else.

11 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

They're a weird bunch. Every official post on FB is spammed by them. It's like us being Scottish and suddenly following an Italian team because Ferguson and Doig are over there. All very bizarre 😂

The irony is that Frankie Musonda was born in Bedford. 

19 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

The irony is that Frankie Musonda was born in Bedford. 

Aye, an English colleague of mine was talking about how he knew Frankie when he was wee as he played with his son at kids football. Was surprised to see him on the Tele when he tuned in to watch our embarrassing performance away at Falkirk.

When he heard the song about how "He comes from Zambia", he had the same reaction of saying, "Eh what? He's from Bedford".

Albinson

New lb

Musonda/Mcginty

New CB

New RB

Mullin

Dempsey

Murdoch

New Rw

McKenzie

New striker

Scott Martin would be a decent signing from Hamilton. I'd like to think a few players would be looked at from down south too. Most important thing is a new left back and right back imo.

2 hours ago, Iain said:

Albinson

I know this post is a bit tongue in cheek but I don't think we'll get the clear out it's so evident we need. 

In an ideal world Friday should be the last we see of McAdams, Houston, Reading, Kirk, McAlear, Bangala, O'Connor, JML, Ashford and Maguire. Obviously the ones still under contract will be harder to get rid off. 

Am I right that this is what we have signed up for next year in (roughly) these positions:

Screenshot_20230522-125547.png

Edited by itzdrk
I took Dipo out for obvious reasons

If we are looking for a major overhaul in the squad, then we will need all of the luck in the world not to end up with a few duds.

This, if we lucked out, could give us the swing upwards we need to make an impact.

However…

If we are looking for continuous improvement in the squad then that will take time and much more than just one transfer window.

This ideally will bring success in the medium to long term, but this is football, and we all want it now!

I’m as impatient as the next fan, but would take small steps over 2/3 years to build strong foundations and a consistent model that breeds and feeds strength and growth over a shot in the dark (I think!)

15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I know this post is a bit tongue in cheek but I don't think we'll get the clear out it's so evident we need. 

In an ideal world Friday should be the last we see of McAdams, Houston, Reading, Kirk, McAlear, Bangala, O'Connor, JML, Ashford and Maguire. Obviously the ones still under contract will be harder to get rid off. 

The ones in bold you’d imagine would be playing somewhere else next season. Although I’d happily keep Kirk if we could but that’s unlikely.

That would be 7 players already but could be more. Dipo will be away of course, possibly Mullin, and possibly some others. I might be wrong with some of them, but if it works out like that it’s the definition of a clear-out.