The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yep. Absolutely not a chance are this Ayr United team keeping a clean sheet AND scoring at least three.

I think we could score a few goals but I agree there is almost no chance we won't concede.

Partick lost 2 to Raith in the last game of the season and then 3 to QP in the first leg of the play-off. So I don't think defensively they are very good - but neither are we.

1 minute ago, rgreig said:

I think we could score a few goals but I agree there is almost no chance we won't concede.

Partick lost 2 to Raith in the last game of the season and then 3 to QP in the first leg of the play-off. So I don't think defensively they are very good - but neither are we.

I think we could score a few goals as well, but I do not think we can keep a clean sheet so would likely need to score 4+.

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

lads it’s not fucking happening. I hope this comes back to bute me but I doubt it will 

Aye, I've made other plans.  

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m guessing if he was a data signing as such it might be based more on his spell at Inverness…

I think we were all expecting a top end championship creative midfielder, but it just hasn’t happened. He can be okay at times a bit deeper but it hasn’t happened too often! He certainly isn’t an improvement on our own academy prospect Paul Smith, who he has largely kept out of the team

And potentially stunted his growth. I get why we signed McAlear but he was a gamble that has not paid off. If I was Paul Smith I would be raging. 

13 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

And potentially stunted his growth. I get why we signed McAlear but he was a gamble that has not paid off. If I was Paul Smith I would be raging. 

I'm no sure he'd be any taller if he'd played another 14 games. 

3 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Maybe it's just me but I find the whole Zambia thing very odd. Donating your money towards a 'fan' who only started following the club because of a player and a person no one has ever met is either bizarre or people are just careless with their money. 

They're a weird bunch. Every official post on FB is spammed by them. It's like us being Scottish and suddenly following an Italian team because Ferguson and Doig are over there. All very bizarre 😂

41 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Oh, is it? Thought tv money and prize money was different! My mistake.

You don't get paid separately for tv rights for league games. It goes into the league pot and forms the vast majority of the prize money. You get separate tv money for cup ties though.