The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

22 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye I don't get it at all. Like just don't mention it as it's not like it had really been leaked or that. The question effectively backs Bullen into a corner and he can either lie (which he did) or be honest. If the interviewer was doing it on the sly then surely club can get that question cut out. 

It's just weird. As others have said, why include the question in the edited interview footage? And while I can understand not revealing that an injured player will be fit to play, the converse doesn't make much sense. I can only assume that there is more to it than we know.

Anyway, our season is over and I think it was overall far more successful than any of us would have predicted at the end of the league cup group stage. We are far away from having a squad that is ready for the step up, but if we use the additional money from this season wisely to strengthen the starting eleven then I think we will be able to look forward to next season.

57 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Hopefully it's the last time I'll see Bullen and a few players in the flesh.

Think you will be disappointed about Bullen. He needs an experienced assistant with the balls to tell him when he is wrong. Sandy Stewart is out of work………!!

18 minutes ago, JohnGAYR said:

Think you will be disappointed about Bullen. He needs an experienced assistant with the balls to tell him when he is wrong. Sandy Stewart is out of work………!!

I know. The lack of entertainment (at home esp.) has scunnered me. What worries me more (and not all to do with bullen) is some of the recruitment. There’s an extra layer of decision makers on the football side that now don’t leave when the head coach does. Interesting to see if that works better next season. Also makes an assistant for the head coach less likely imo.

I may be some what sadistic, but I get more satisfaction when we get a result last day of the season to stay up, than I have with this season. Falkirk scunnered me, the way we couldnt capitalise on a title nobody wanted to win and last night was the nail in the coffin.

Yes we finished higher than we have for squillions of years but ultimately it amounted to fck all and the last game is a dead rubber. Send in the fat lady as I'm sick to the back teeth of this year

21 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I may be some what sadistic, but I get more satisfaction when we get a result last day of the season to stay up, than I have with this season. Falkirk scunnered me, the way we couldnt capitalise on a title nobody wanted to win and last night was the nail in the coffin.

Yes we finished higher than we have for squillions of years but ultimately it amounted to fck all and the last game is a dead rubber. Send in the fat lady as I'm sick to the back teeth of this year

Yup, bit odd: 

On one hand you have some cracking home wins - Partick 4-2, Queens Park 5-0, Dundee 3-1 as well as some memorable away wins - Queens Park 3-2, Inverness 2-1 and Cove 5-0. 

On the other you have numerous batterings off a poor Kilamrnock side, Partick taking eight off us in two games, Dunfermline and QOS both sticking three past us as well as numerous other awful losses. On the bright side of last season you have a 4-0 win away to Raith and of course the Kilmarnock game and final game of the season against Partick who were preparing for the playoffs. 

39 goals scored and 52 conceded last season, compared to 61 scored and 43 conceded this season so yeah it would be pretty fucking weird to prefer last season!

Edited by No_Problemo

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Says on his Youtube interview he knew a few days prior, clearly tried to bluff Partick but ended up bluffing ourselves

If he said on Thursday that Akinyemi was injured, it would have caused Partick to re-think their shape not knowing how we were going to play. 

What happened was, they set up expecting to contain Dipo and it was the Ayr team that didn't know how we were going to play. 

15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yup, bit odd: 

On one hand you have some cracking home wins - Partick 4-2, Queens Park 5-0, Dundee 3-1 as well as some memorable away wins - Queens Park 3-2, Inverness 2-1 and Cove 5-0. 

On the other you have numerous batterings off a poor Kilamrnock side, Partick taking eight off us in two games, Dunfermline and QOS both sticking three past us as well as numerous other awful losses. On the bright side of last season you have a 4-0 win away to Raith and of course the Kilmarnock game and final game of the season against Partick who were preparing for the playoffs. 

39 goals scored and 52 conceded last season, compared to 61 scored and 43 conceded this season so yeah it would be pretty fucking weird to prefer last season!

Last season was fairly grim (putting it mildly) but a night game at Somerset and we won v Partick to be safe. Crowd was euphoric and there was a the slightly tin pot pitch "invasion". This season most of us are just going along to the last game out of blind loyalty and/or to see the NT for the last time in its current incarnation. Give me the end of last seasons memories over this one any day of the week

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Last season was fairly grim (putting it mildly) but a night game at Somerset and we won v Partick to be safe. Crowd was euphoric and there was a the slightly tin pot pitch "invasion". This season most of us are just going along to the last game out of blind loyalty and/or to see the NT for the last time in its current incarnation. Give me the end of last seasons memories over this one any day of the week

Yeah, but if you compare that Thistle game to this seasons last league game where we scored a last minute winner to secure our highest placed finish in decades…

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, but if you compare that Thistle game to this seasons last league game where we scored a last minute winner to secure our highest placed finish in decades…

That just makes me think it was even more of a missed opportunity. I'm old and grouchy 🤣 maybe in a few weeks when the disappointment dies down a bit I'll be able to appreciate this season more 

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That just makes me think it was even more of a missed opportunity. I'm old and grouchy 🤣 maybe in a few weeks when the disappointment dies down a bit I'll be able to appreciate this season more 

I do get what you mean in terms of the deflation of this year. 

Going back to the Dipo situation, I’ve just realised he was at the POTY awards on Monday night. 

So we have a situation where Bullen has known for a few days that Dipo wouldn’t be able to play but: 

- Between him being fine to attend the POTY event on Monday night and Friday he has picked up some form of sickness bug, which doesn’t exactly correlate with the above. 
- At some point between Monday and Friday Bullen has said that Dipo has attempted to train but not been able to. If he picked up a sickness bug on Tuesday then he isn’t going to be able to train at all before Friday, even just in terms of passing it on to everyone else. 
- A sickness bug absolutely drains you but recovery can be relatively quick so it would make no sense to try and get him to train before the game. 
- He picks up a sickness bug on Tuesday morning (the earliest possible point given he was clearly fine on Monday) and is then okay to travel to Firhill to watch the game. 
- You then have the normally reliable VOR calling it a back strain before the game. 

I feel like I’m going a bit tinfoil hat, but this isn’t adding up whatsoever. 

15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Going back to the Dipo situation, I’ve just realised he was at the POTY awards on Monday night. 

So we have a situation where Bullen has known for a few days that Dipo wouldn’t be able to play but: 

- Between him being fine to attend the POTY event on Monday night and Friday he has picked up some form of sickness bug, which doesn’t exactly correlate with the above. 
- At some point between Monday and Friday Bullen has said that Dipo has attempted to train but not been able to. If he picked up a sickness bug on Tuesday then he isn’t going to be able to train at all before Friday, even just in terms of passing it on to everyone else. 
- A sickness bug absolutely drains you but recovery can be relatively quick so it would make no sense to try and get him to train before the game. 
- He picks up a sickness bug on Tuesday morning (the earliest possible point given he was clearly fine on Monday) and is then okay to travel to Firhill to watch the game. 
- You then have the normally reliable VOR calling it a back strain before the game. 

Bullshit the fans and the fans lose trust, seems to be what's happening here. Nothing is adding up at all. Bullen is a nice guy, which makes him a bad liar. Something the fans don't know is happening behind the scenes.

6 hours ago, wuffster said:

I know. The lack of entertainment (at home esp.) has scunnered me. What worries me more (and not all to do with bullen) is some of the recruitment. There’s an extra layer of decision makers on the football side that now don’t leave when the head coach does. Interesting to see if that works better next season. Also makes an assistant for the head coach less likely imo.

It's got to be tough to recruit without knowing what the manager's vision for the team is. What type of players is Bullen asking for? What system are we signing guys to play in? Or is it a case of the head coach being given the players he's given and he's expected to make a team out of them?

7 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

charlie-day-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia_1665664240027.gif.828c6f5f463f075ea63a4dc21749007c.gif

7 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Dci Burke .

It’s been the club’s policy for a while to not be straight about injury situations.  The Friday preview isn’t worth reading as you know they won’t tell us if a player is missing out.  They also don’t really tell us what’s wrong with a player and how long they’re expected to be out.  Does anyone actually know what’s wrong with Houston?

We basically went week to week with Murdoch in terms of when he’d back culminating in the debacle of putting him on the bench against Falkirk when the club apparently knew he wasn’t fit enough to play any part, before he then played 90 minutes 6 days later.  The club presumably thinks this confusion is to our advantage but I don’t really see it.  

I’m not ready (yet) to buy into conspiracy theories about Dipo, but the extent to which the club hasn’t been straight pre or post match just fuels suspicion that something is wrong.  If there was a bust up, I doubt Dipo would have been sitting in the stand.  I suppose it’s possible that we have received a significant bid and a decision was made that he wouldn’t play.  Look at the Savoury situation at Queens Park - on the verge of a big money moves then suffers a career threatening injury in his last game for them.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

It’s been the club’s policy for a while to not be straight about injury situations.  The Friday preview isn’t worth reading as you know they won’t tell us if a player is missing out.  They also don’t really tell us what’s wrong with a player and how long they’re expected to be out.  Does anyone actually know what’s wrong with Houston?

We basically went week to week with Murdoch in terms of when he’d back culminating in the debacle of putting him on the bench against Falkirk when the club apparently knew he wasn’t fit enough to play any part, before he then played 90 minutes 6 days later.  The club presumably thinks this confusion is to our advantage but I don’t really see it.  

I’m not ready (yet) to buy into conspiracy theories about Dipo, but the extent to which the club hasn’t been straight pre or post match just fuels suspicion that something is wrong.  If there was a bust up, I doubt Dipo would have been sitting in the stand.  I suppose it’s possible that we have received a significant bid and a decision was made that he wouldn’t play.  Look at the Savoury situation at Queens Park - on the verge of a big money moves then suffers a career threatening injury in his last game for them.

Maybe he done a big shite and hurt his back squeezing