The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Chucking the playoffs for 500 grand 🤩:lol:

Even at my angriest I'm not buying that. 

Fair enough, but it makes no sense from his point of view to play this week.

10 minutes ago, Iain said:

Apart from y’know being a footballer and wanting to achieve success and win promotion. An injury could have happened at any point since January. 

He has shown absolutely nothing since bids came in to show he is that type of player either. 

18 minutes ago, Iain said:

Could've said that in January, he was happy to move if the club were accepting an offer.  

11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I see the KKK are back in this league next season. 

They're back with the big boys. Hopefully they get flushed straight back down. 

Wonder if the Britain First / National Front / EDL lads made it up to their big play off game. 

I'm sure the majority of their fans are alright but they do have a right wing element and should be derided.

Hopefully one of our stewards will despatch their fucking jaws into orbit like the last time I remember playing them at Somerset.

Thought Bullen set us up completely wrong last night which shows due to the inexperience and lack of big game management which has become apparent this season. 

The one game where you actually want Ashford to play to help out Reading and he doesn't, you've then got the midfield who should have been 3 man all day to try and get on top of Doc and Turner having all the time in the world to spray passes out to each wing for them to have a field day. 

Have no idea what on earth he was thinking playing a full out 4/4/2 with two wingers and two strikers against that lot, you're away in the first leg against a team scoring for fun, keep it tight and then take them back to Somerset and open the play up on your home patch. I wouldn't have given a shit last night if we'd done f**k all upfront but still been right in the game next week. 

But no... once again big away game, big away crowd & BIG LETDOWN

Players didn't help him out either, big players such as Musonda, Dempsey, Murdoch and Mullin never turned up, thought Maguire was one of our best players especially first 15 minutes while it was 0-0 he was running the show in the middle of the park. For the criticism he gets too McGinty was fine apart from his slack clearance at the first goal but there was a further 3 Ayr players after that who never stopped the ball getting to Lawless and then by them to McMillan. 

I think if we get pumped at Somerset Bullen will do an Owen Coyle and walk as he'll know he'd be in an uphill battle straightaway for next season to get the fans back on board with him and i personally don't think your hearts ever in something 100% if the rest of your family is 260 miles down the road in Sheffield.

I just want to see us make a game of it on Friday.

Even if we ultimately lose, can we at least get the lift of having Dipo back and have a period where we get an early goal and are battering the Thistle goal and get the crowd right behind us. Change the usual strategy and shoot into the SRE first half. 

I’m fully aware Thistle will score, but it would be nice to finish off in something other than a dull pumping. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Just seeing Bullen’s BBC interview - it doesn’t make any sense to me that Dipo tried to train with a bug and then travelled to Firhill to watch while unfit to play due to being unwell. Bizarre! 

Says on his Youtube interview he knew a few days prior, clearly tried to bluff Partick but ended up bluffing ourselves

Edited by rb123!

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Says on his Youtube interview he knew a few days prior, clearly tried to bluff Partick but ended up bluffing ourselves

Yeah - I just don’t see how you can know a few days prior with a bug, especially if he was able to attempt to train. f**k knows!

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Just seeing Bullen’s BBC interview - it doesn’t make any sense to me that Dipo tried to train with a bug and then travelled to Firhill to watch while unfit to play due to being unwell. Bizarre! 

The interviews are bizarre but who knows what's up. I did enjoy the Ayr post-match interviewer not asking the chances of Akinyemi being availble next week but instead going full Nancy Drew and asking Bullen when he knew Akinyemi wasn't fit (who cares!)

Having bought tickets for both legs of the playoff semi - in an uncharacteristic fit of optimism this season - I suppose I'll mooch along. Hopefully it's the last time I'll see Bullen and a few players in the flesh.

It's a very bad look for a club to be straight up lying to their fans.  

It looks like they have found out he won't be fit and lost their heads and come up with this gormless scheme to specifically say he's fit when saying nothing would have produced the same outcome.  

It shouldn't be forgotten about and should be addressed at the end of the season.  

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It's a very bad look for a club to be straight up lying to their fans.  

It looks like they have found out he won't be fit and lost their heads and come up with this gormless scheme to specifically say he's fit when saying nothing would have produced the same outcome.  

It shouldn't be forgotten about and should be addressed at the end of the season.  

Aye I don't get it at all. Like just don't mention it as it's not like it had really been leaked or that. The question effectively backs Bullen into a corner and he can either lie (which he did) or be honest. If the interviewer was doing it on the sly then surely club can get that question cut out. 

You know we've put in a stinker of a performance when not even WATTOO or Finlay have been on to say something positive.

I agree with the earlier poster who said switch the strategy if we win the coin toss and shoot into the SRE first half. If we can get an early goal or go in at the break 2 up then it's game on. 

This of course is reliant on Dipo playing and the team defending from the front backwards.

Go hard out and leave everything on the park next Friday.

COYA 😁