The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Ayrfix said:

Just noticed this. Airkkkdrie 3 up on Lolkirk, is hysterical. Bet they're glad they won in the cup! To be honest we would have been hammered by ICT (when they had sommat to play for), and Celtic. Lolkirk staying put it looks like in the Seaside League.

AirWAFFEN-SSdrie now 4 up.

Two very tired looking teams tonight, and shows what an advantage getting second was

No excuses for not seeing what the danger comes from whole management team up there watching. Turner and Tiffoney no doubt there best players, take care of them I can see us doing it, but DEFO need to do a job on TURNER especially let him play and he will win the game for them.

Queens big threat obviously THOMAS but overall very hard to overcome physically strong really like Oakley and Boateng from that team.

16 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

With their first choice goalie sent off, do Airdrie have to play David Hutton for a full 90 minutes in the 2nd leg?

BBC Scotland wouldn't need to commission any comedy for a while if they televised that.

I wonder if he still throws the ball at the goalscorer after every goal in a fit of rage.

4 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Two very tired looking teams tonight, and shows what an advantage getting second was

No excuses for not seeing what the danger comes from whole management team up there watching. Turner and Tiffoney no doubt there best players, take care of them I can see us doing it, but DEFO need to do a job on TURNER especially let him play and he will win the game for them.

Queens big threat obviously THOMAS but overall very hard to overcome physically strong really like Oakley and Boateng from that team.

I’d add Lawless to this. For me he’s their best player and will undoubtedly have his way with Reading if we end up playing them. 

Think Bullen will drop Maguire for the game and bring in another midfielder, hopefully Paul Smith.

1 minute ago, stevep56 said:

Wonder whether Kirk will be available to play in any of our ties.  Impressed that he is making his way back to the club and that Arsenal have allowed him to return.

I don’t think I’d have him straight back in to be honest. Only way I see it working is if you move Musonda to left back and put Kirk in his place. Leaves you with a very rigid back four of McAllister-Kirk-McGinty-Musonda but it might be the solution. 

That would require dropping Reading which I feel like won’t happen and I wouldn’t risk throwing Kirk straight into the starting 11 keep him as a solid defensive sub to bring on when your winning to see out a game