The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

47 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we’re looking at the lower leagues then Charlie Reilly at Albion Rovers or John Robertson at Edinburgh City should be looked at. 

I say we go get this guy cause he fits the profile.  

If it's Scotland though the obvious ones are Reilly and Paton.  

Screenshot_20230422-111114.png

5 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

I thought O'Connor caused QP more trouble than anyone last night.  I would like him to stay though  doubtful it will happen.  I also wonder whether some English clubs will come in for McGinty as was reported over the last transfer window.  

I think O'Connor has been underutilised this season and much prefer him to JML, who is too lightweight and likes a dive which totally puts me off the guy.

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

Pretty sure McInroy and Chalmers are still under contract, so scrub that.  Mullin will be very much in demand in the Summer, though I’ve no doubt we’ll offer him the best terms we can.

Chalmers will be allowed to move on I’m 99% convinced of that, even on loan at worst. McInroy McInness clearly doesn’t fancy, maybe different if they’re relegated. 

McInroy would be good to have back. But a bit indulgent as Dempsey and Murdoch are decent enough at this level. We definitely need a left and right back though. And 100% need a replacement for Akinyemi who is certain to move on. Minus a replacement for him I can see our next season looking a bit like Arbroath's current season. Stuffy, hard to break down but ultimately toothless. 

20 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Chalmers will be allowed to move on I’m 99% convinced of that, even on loan at worst. McInroy McInness clearly doesn’t fancy, maybe different if they’re relegated. 

Chalmers probably isn’t on a huge wage, but I think we might get a shock at how much McInroy is on.  Sounded like we made a big offer to him in the context of our finances and still got blown out the water.

1 hour ago, Young Eddie said:

I think O'Connor has been underutilised this season and much prefer him to JML, who is too lightweight and likes a dive which totally puts me off the guy.

I think people really exaggerate the difference between the two. I think O’Connor looks like the better player but in reality he hasn’t actually contributed any more than JML has.

I find myself wanting O’Connor to do well but more often than not the end product just isn’t there.

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Current squad starters for next season/sign up: Albinson, Musonda, Murdoch, Dempsey, Mullin, Dipo. 

Current squad retain as squad based players: McGinty, McAllister Ecrepont, Hewitt, Smith, JML, McKenzie, Bryden

Release/Out of contract/Loan ends: McAdams, Kirk, Houston, Reading, Bangala, Ashford, Maguire, McAlear, O’Connor

Obviously Dipo will probably be away, but for now will go with him here. Looking at players potentialy available for positions we need and some which I feel is realistic targets, we could go 4231 or 433 next season.

Albinson

Oakley* New cb Musonda Strapp*

Murdoch McInroy Dempsey

Chalmers Dipo/new CF Mullin

This is basically where I'm at. Badly need new fullbacks and players of the calibre of Chalmers/Mullin in the starting 11 if we're serious about progressing, even incrementally. I imagine we'll try and keep Mullin but suppose it depends on how rigid a wage structure is in place. Would take Oakley in a heartbeat but imagine there'll be plenty looking at him too. 

I'd be inclined to put JML through a summer programme like Forrest had when he came back looking much physically stronger, it helped his game no end. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we’re looking at the lower leagues then Charlie Reilly at Albion Rovers or John Robertson at Edinburgh City should be looked at. 

I'd be signing Charlie Reilly at all costs , however Dundee were sniffing about him at Christmas.  He's one worth a punt on . That is ofcourse if Logan Chalmers doesn't return to us . Tommy Goss would be an interesting one , but I have a feeling any new striker will come from England , perhaps somebody like Mani Dieseruvwe at Halifax Town . The fullback slots shouldn't be that difficult , surely Steve Lawason and Jackson Longridge wouldn't be beyond us . Also a proper no8 like McInroywouldnt do us any hard at all .....

However this season isn't over yet , a Dundee win today puts it back in our hands .

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I had a flick through a paper before the game (in a shop, I didnt buy it) and the bold Jim Duffy was making his predictions for what the championship will end like. He tips us for 4th 😬

I tip him for being drowned in the sea during a freak trebuchet accident.

35 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

I'd be inclined to put JML through a summer programme like Forrest had when he came back looking much physically stronger, it helped his game no end. 

Decent shout. I'd be for that.

3 hours ago, Young Eddie said:

I can totally relate to Trogdor being in two minds about renewing a season ticket.

And like AUFC 10 I'm not over the Falkirk result either! The fluffed cup run this season has made me me feel like we are destined never to win anything. It makes you feel like what's the point in following them year after year. Eventually the feeling of hope runs out.

It's gonna take the club achieving the much talked about "something historic" before I'll start believing again. 

My Papa supported Ayr United for over 70 years and used to say that he wanted to see Ayr United win something before he died. He never got to see that, and probably neither will I.

Following a team like Ayr United can be a frustrating and masochistic experience. I sometimes wonder why the hell I put myself through it.

The answer to why I put myself through it is that I love this club. It is my hometown club and I am proud to call Ayr United my team. Despite all of the disappointment and heartache involved in following Ayr United, the club has given me moments of pure joy and elation that will live with me forever.

Yes, I wish we would win SOMETHING. However, that's not the most important thing. If it was, there would be no point in most of the clubs in Scotland existing. What's important is that this is OUR club, regardless of their fortunes.

BTW I didn't sleep last night so if this is a pure nonsensical ramble, I do apologise.

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

My Papa supported Ayr United for over 70 years and used to say that he wanted to see Ayr United win something before he died. He never got to see that, and probably neither will I.

Following a team like Ayr United can be a frustrating and masochistic experience. I sometimes wonder why the hell I put myself through it.

The answer to why I put myself through it is that I love this club. It is my hometown club and I am proud to call Ayr United my team. Despite all of the disappointment and heartache involved in following Ayr United, the club has given me moments of pure joy and elation that will live with me forever.

Yes, I wish we would win SOMETHING. However, that's not the most important thing. If it was, there would be no point in most of the clubs in Scotland existing. What's important is that this is OUR club, regardless of their fortunes.

BTW I didn't sleep last night so if this is a pure nonsensical ramble, I do apologise.

Spot on 👏👏

I thoroughly enjoyed 2017/18, did that not count as winning something? The sight of the helicopter circling Somerset with the trophy will stay with me forever. You couldn't have scripted a more Ayr United way to win a title either.

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I thoroughly enjoyed 2017/18, did that not count as winning something? The sight of the helicopter circling Somerset with the trophy will stay with me forever. You couldn't have scripted a more Ayr United way to win a title either.

To me it does.

Some might say it was "only" a League One title, but to me it was one of the best days of my life.