The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

About as much as you expect really. Can't get 3 points against a piss poor Morton side with 10 men at home is worrying. 

Our home form is dreadful and I can see Inverness getting ahead of us now for 4th.

Yeah fifth place is pretty likely now.  Inverness have a game in hand and have got the bottom three up next while we play second and third.  

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yet another huge missed opportunity. We could say the same thing every week. This league is utter dogshite and even a semi-competent outfit with Dipo up top would have walked it.

Careful now. You'll take 5th place and be thankful for it. The "plan" decrees it so.

15 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Careful now. You'll take 5th place and be thankful for it. The "plan" decrees it so.

The plan tm  has had me going to less games than ever before.  I'll be at 16 home and away by the end of the season. 

Who knows where next year will have us, seems to be a general idea from the club and fans that because we were high up the table we'd just saunter into the playoffs then finish high up again next year but the standard looks like it will be higher to me and I don't have faith we will be considerably better next year which in this league could mean fighting relegation - we are 'only' 11 points better off than last year right now with no guaranteed points to pick up - that's not a downer on the improvement it's just it's only 4 games better than the year previous if we don't gain any more points.  That could easily be wiped out if e.g. Dunfermline beat us 4 times next year replacing Cove.  

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I didn’t think McAlear was as bad today - did some awful things, did some good things - his set pieces were largely decent. 

Still inexcusable starting him over Murdoch though, who is our best central midfielder. 

His workrate is lower than Joe Chalmers.  Man can't sprint. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

His workrate is lower than Joe Chalmers.  Man can't sprint. 

I’ll get a proper look at that when he inevitably starts again next week. He is hilariously poor in the air though. 

Surely Murdoch starts next week, in fact we’ll need three in there or Bannigan and Docherty will just ride us in there. We would then need to play wide players capable of doing something other than running in straight lines and kicking the ball out the park though. 

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The plan tm  has had me going to less games than ever before.  I'll be at 16 home and away by the end of the season. 

Who knows where next year will have us, seems to be a general idea from the club and fans that because we were high up the table we'd just saunter into the playoffs then finish high up again next year but the standard looks like it will be higher to me and I don't have faith we will be considerably better next year which in this league could mean fighting relegation - we are 'only' 11 points better off than last year right now with no guaranteed points to pick up - that's not a downer on the improvement it's just it's only 4 games better than the year previous if we don't gain any more points.  That could easily be wiped out if e.g. Dunfermline beat us 4 times next year replacing Cove.  

Would be interesting to know how much those extra 11 points cost?

Fingers crossed that the same amount again is spent to add another extra 11 points next season.

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aye, sorry to say I wasn't there today, only second home game I've missed this season, first through illness this one just through boredom and no real enthusiasm in watching them.

23 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

capitalise

Definition of Capitalise: *Provide with Capital.*

Ayr Capitalise every week by being (Capitalising every letter) 'FUCKING SHITE.'

Ffs, Grant Gillespie, Jack Baird..... On paper we should have had that team 😒

3 hours ago, EvilScotsman said:

Ayr 0 Thistle 1

Ayr 2 Inverness 2

Ayr 0 Kilmarnock 1

Ayr 1 QOS 2

Ayr 2 Arbroath? 3

Wrexham 1 Ayr 1

Last time I saw an Ayr win in person, Alan Johnston scored the winner. I therefore apologise in advance for the inevitable Morton win today.

*edit* The Jonah streak continues. It was Andy McClaren though, not Alan Johnston.

Evil Scotsman. If you’re even Scottish!

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I dont think we’ve been out the top 4 since week 3 of the season 

Think we dropped to 5th at one point but we had two games in hand. Maybe after Partick beat us at Somerset. 

It’s going to be tight but I think we’ll get fourth. I’d be quite happy at that tbh. 

36 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

This team (without Dipo) would be relegated from the expected league next year. 

It was the tough game I expected but thought we did just about enough to merit 3 points although we didn't create any nailed on clear cut chances, that said Morton created virtually nothing and their goal was a pure fluke so all in all a feeling of frustration but not a disasterous point by any means.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Absolutely insipid performance.

Against 10 men we were woeful and playing on the break at home. WTF? 

It’s the one way we can actually play. We’ve never been a team that can take the game to the opposition as we don’t have the players for it. We are far better when we invite pressure on and try and counter on them. 

It’s easy to say that against 10 men we should be dominant but it’s not as simple as that. The team with 10 men make it harder to play and I was never confident of us winning that once Oakley was off.