The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

47 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I don't see any immediate need for panic as we have McGinty and Musonda as the starters and McAllister as cover. Hewitt can cover at RB no problem and Josh should be back in about 3 weeks even if Houston is out.

It’s not an immediate panic yet but say we pick up someone like akinola or Kerr or whoever it is, may be unfit and take a few weeks to get back up to speed. If Musonda gets injured (big possibility) we are then left with Mcallister who has been ok at centre half but for 4/5 games and play offs it does not fill me with any confidence. Especially as we will likely need to play Hewitt at rb if that happens as Houston is not reliable.

We will be giving up better prize money and a slim chance of going up. Do you not think we’d be better getting cover in now to get the fitness levels up in whoever it is, before it becomes panic stations

Also I think arsenal have recalled Alex so we may have that little wiggle room in the budget if that’s the case

It is somewhat typical for us that Kirk gets is ruled out a couple of days after we loan out another possible cover at CB in Bilham to Arthulie (i know Bilham is probably not up to the standard but somethings better then nothing)

15 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

It’s not an immediate panic yet but say we pick up someone like akinola or Kerr or whoever it is, may be unfit and take a few weeks to get back up to speed. If Musonda gets injured (big possibility) we are then left with Mcallister who has been ok at centre half but for 4/5 games and play offs it does not fill me with any confidence. Especially as we will likely need to play Hewitt at rb if that happens as Houston is not reliable.

We will be giving up better prize money and a slim chance of going up. Do you not think we’d be better getting cover in now to get the fitness levels up in whoever it is, before it becomes panic stations

Also I think arsenal have recalled Alex so we may have that little wiggle room in the budget if that’s the case

Yes, if we have the opportunity to get someone in as good cover then Yes, it would be daft not to, however an even bigger worry would be if Dipo was to get injured and then we'd have to go with Bryden or McKenzie as our main striker.

The point I'm trying to make is that we have as much cover at the back currently as we've had most of the season up top and we've managed fine (granted Dipo has been a man of steel) but I do think we'd be extremely unfortunate to lose both McGinty and Musonda, plus McAllister has already proven he's more than capable at CH if required, with both Hewitt and Mullin capable of covering RB if needed and even Ashford would be able to come in should there be a major emergency.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, if we have the opportunity to get someone in as good cover then Yes, it would be daft not to, however an even bigger worry would be if Dipo was to get injured and then we'd have to go with Bryden or McKenzie as our main striker.

The point I'm trying to make is that we have as much cover at the back currently as we've had most of the season up top and we've managed fine (granted Dipo has been a man of steel) but I do think we'd be extremely unfortunate to lose both McGinty and Musonda, plus McAllister has already proven he's more than capable at CH if required, with both Hewitt and Mullin capable of covering RB if needed and even Ashford would be able to come in should there be a major emergency.

He's been a colossus without question. Can't think of an AU centre forward who's avoided injury the way Dipo has - possibly Dixie but that's a long time ago and the physicality now is at a different level. Reckon the big man has dished it out to and one or two CHs have bounced off him which is a brilliant sight. What a signing he's been. 

1 hour ago, Jazzar said:

He's been a colossus without question. Can't think of an AU centre forward who's avoided injury the way Dipo has - possibly Dixie but that's a long time ago and the physicality now is at a different level. Reckon the big man has dished it out to and one or two CHs have bounced off him which is a brilliant sight. What a signing he's been. 

We rely on Dipo the same season we relied heavily on Shankland. We would have stormed the league that season had shankland not been out for a sustained period and lost his form when he came back 

3 hours ago, Rossco500 said:

We rely on Dipo the same season we relied heavily on Shankland. We would have stormed the league that season had shankland not been out for a sustained period and lost his form when he came back 

A fully fit Craig Moore would also have made a huge difference as it's easy to forget just how good Moore was prior to his bad injuries.

4 hours ago, Jazzar said:

I think it’s down to how strong Dipo is that he’s not getting banged about by big defenders therefore running less of a risk picking up an injury