The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

If that guy Hetherington is the same guy I'm thinking of, I cannae believe he's no died of an aneurysm or stroke, his blood pressure must be off the scale with rage

Whit a manager he was for 60 seconds once. 

6 hours ago, Hursty said:

Does anyone here stand on North Terrace about in line with the 18 yard box and constantly shout high pitched abuse at the ref for absolutely nothing BTW?   Got so bad today I had to move but would be nice to put a name to a face as someone that angry has to post on here 😂

Within the space of 30 seconds he had berated 2 Ayr players for not competing for a ball while returning from an offside position, and criticised the linesman for giving an offside when he actually flagged for a throw in. He’d be hilarious if he wasn’t so annoying.

57 minutes ago, Handofdavid said:

Within the space of 30 seconds he had berated 2 Ayr players for not competing for a ball while returning from an offside position, and criticised the linesman for giving an offside when he actually flagged for a throw in. He’d be hilarious if he wasn’t so annoying.

Aye it was after the throw in / offside one plus screaming at the ref for not stopping play and  giving Reading a free kick for basically walking past the most half hearted attempt at a tackle by the Cove player you'll ever see that I had enough and went round behind the nets 😂

I used the catering on the North Terracing last night for the first time. Felt weird ordering this at an Ayr game, but got a pulled pork burrito which was well worth the £5. Had the pizza a few times in the hub which is also very good. 

We should have been 4-0 up at the break, but I’ll take the 3-0 and the other results going our way. Still dreaming of a title win, but I reckon Dundee will win it with a week to go, and we’ll finish 2nd after beating ICT on the last day. That result last night will have shattered QP’s confidence, not what they needed at all before their tough run.

8 hours ago, Hursty said:

Does anyone here stand on North Terrace about in line with the 18 yard box and constantly shout high pitched abuse at the ref for absolutely nothing BTW?   Got so bad today I had to move but would be nice to put a name to a face as someone that angry has to post on here 😂

I often boo even when I know the decision is correct in the hope that it'll make the ref give a "compensatory" bad decision in our favour - IMO it has occasionally worked.

Level of performance since Falkirk has improved no end. Playing it through the midfield has helped. Only blip really was when we went 2–1 down in the second half with Dundee. 

I do think bullen will be here next season no matter what, the thing that worries me is that when things go wrong he doesn’t have any way of changing other than punting it up front. Maybe that is due to the players as he said in the Dundee post match interview but I think that all stems from how he set the team up for months 

5 points off the top with 6 games to go  .it hasn't been great at times this season but anybody not wanting bullen here next season needs a reality check ..we have 10 points more than we finished with last season with 6 still too play .that is a big improvement going in the right direction. And the possibility of a big transfer for dipo in summer .

2 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

5 points off the top with 6 games to go  .it hasn't been great at times this season but anybody not wanting bullen here next season needs a reality check ..we have 10 points more than we finished with last season with 6 still too play .that is a big improvement going in the right direction. And the possibility of a big transfer for dipo in summer .

I’m not insinuating that I don’t want him here- I have concerns with him overall and he has pulled us through a shit period but I believe that’s how he set us up 

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’m not insinuating that I don’t want him here- I have concerns with him overall and he has pulled us through a shit period but I believe that’s how he set us up 

I think people need to realise this is his first managerial position at first team level and has improved us a great deal , the great start to the season put a lot of pressure on him and we need to take into account  that the team is currently about 2 years ahead of the plan put in place by the chairman 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I think people need to realise this is his first managerial position at first team level and has improved us a great deal , the great start to the season put a lot of pressure on him and we need to take into account  that the team is currently about 2 years ahead of the plan put in place by the chairman 

Maybe should be getting an experience coach beside him then 

eta- we have needed that since McCall left the only person who changed that was hopkin who brought in Duffy. 

Edited by ryanayr1987

6 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I think the issue is that whilst we’ve done well this season there is very little faith that it’ll be carried over to next season and we’ll see an improvement. There’s going to be a big job to replace Dipo and ensure we don’t spunk away the money on shite. 

We also need to upgrade on glaring weaknesses at full back. There’s a lot of questions over next season. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think the issue is that whilst we’ve done well this season there is very little faith that it’ll be carried over to next season and we’ll see an improvement. There’s going to be a big job to replace Dipo and ensure we don’t spunk away the money on shite. 
We also need to upgrade on glaring weaknesses at full back. There’s a lot of questions over next season. 

100% this.

As I've said many times I'm firmly on the fence. I'm certainly not a believer in his approach and I haven't called for his head.

My concerns are around squad building as D'Jaffo highlighted we need upgrades at full back. We need to replace Dipo (let's face it we're not getting another 30 goal striker!).

Also concerned by the insipid tactics and failure to control games, we seem to revert to punting it long under anything resembling pressure. We have also failed to turn up in so many big games this season and the missed opportunities are frustrating. The league will not open up like it has this year.

There is no doubt that the start of the season has raised expectations and that we've vastly improved on last season by league position. Performances have also been better on the whole and Bullen has earnt the right to be here next year.

You never know we could win our remaining six games. Wouldn't that be something? I know, I know... its the hope that kills you etc. etc.