The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

This league was such an opportunity. Would go as far as saying the best opportunity to get the Premier League of my lifetime. I know it’s a win tonight and it’s negative, but I’m actually just feeling even more gutted tonight that we’ve not made more of this season.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This league was such an opportunity. Would go as far as saying the best opportunity to get the Premier League of my lifetime. I know it’s a win tonight and it’s negative, but I’m actually just feeling even more gutted tonight that we’ve not made more of this season.

Completely agree. Add in the almost too-good-to-be-true cup run that we failed to capitalise on and this season should have been one of the best in our history. Massive wasted opportunity.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

A little bit of consistency would go a long way but the stuff is like fucking gold dust.

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Hello the Scottish championship you c***s!

Arbroath 1 Ayr United 0 

I'm into it, I'm away in Hamburg and I'd quite like to go there twice next season.  

7 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The season isn’t remotely over…

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The season isn’t remotely over…

Queens Park have a tough remaining 6 games with 4 away games at Raith, Partick, Ayr & Morton. Their two homes games are against Hamilton & Dundee.  Their last game against Dundee could well be the decider.

He's obviously limited at times so far on the park but listening to Nick McAllister in first half from the North Terrace today convinces me he will 100% be captaining someone by his mid 20s, at whatever level he ends up at.  He was absolutely superb talking Mikey Hewitt through a nervous opening 10 mins,  without a doubt the loudest and most encouraging guy on the whole park.  Can easily see why he is so popular as a squad member.  

The fact that he himself was out of position and the guy he was coaching through the game was playing in the position he presumably wants to make his own makes it even better. 

Edited by Hursty

47 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Well put.

What's going to happen with these last six games then? 

Queens have a very tricky run in whilst Dundee, on paper, have some of the easier games of all the promotion chasing teams. I would say that we are somewhere in the middle in terms of difficulty. A win against Arbroath on Saturday would be huge as the teams around us have easier fixtures, then it's going to be down to a few huge matches with Morton, QP and Thistle coming up. At the very least it should be a big few weeks for us and it's nice not to be worried about getting relegated!

9 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

What's going to happen with these last six games then? 

Queens have a very tricky run in whilst Dundee, on paper, have some of the easier games of all the promotion chasing teams. I would say that we are somewhere in the middle in terms of difficulty. A win against Arbroath on Saturday would be huge as the teams around us have easier fixtures, then it's going to be down to a few huge matches with Morton, QP and Thistle coming up. At the very least it should be a big few weeks for us and it's nice not to be worried about getting relegated!

f**k off with your hope. Don’t you know what damage that causes ?