The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Aliayr76 said:

Look at players who have been brill with other clubs then here boof nothing,I can go back to when Ross Jack played for us right through to dario sanatta ect.

Think Zanatta is more a case of a player who was quite good at Alloa than a pish, lazy coward everywhere else. 

5 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Scottish football, from top to bottom, summed up.

I get Dipo's importance to the group but what's to say plans aren't in place, if/when he leaves, to try and find ways of replacing him, I have no doubt about that.

I was very critical of the club in the past of not profiting from our better players when they left us, we're now in a position where we can. It takes time for that trading model to start working and we're getting there but it takes time.

That's not what supporters who hang on weekly results and performances want to hear but that's the reality.

Before July of last year, nobody even knew who Dipo was. Just let that sink in for a minute.

His replacement or replacements, are out there. We just need to find them before anyone else, not impossible.

Imagine the temerity of "supporters who hang on weekly results and performances" hoping for results this season and not at some unspecified future date! How very dare they!

Some have drunk deep of the Smith/Mathie koolaid and that's fine for them I suppose. The relentless boosterism despite poor entertainment and missed opportunities is odd.

1 hour ago, wuffster said:

Imagine the temerity of "supporters who hang on weekly results and performances" hoping for results this season and not at some unspecified future date! How very dare they!

Some have drunk deep of the Smith/Mathie koolaid and that's fine for them I suppose. The relentless boosterism despite poor entertainment and missed opportunities is odd.

You're entitled to your opinion as am I. 

Similarly if you don't think there's a bigger picture that's upto you. Fans, myself included, rightly or wrongly, get too fixated on week to week performances and results, that's the short term nature of football. 

As a club, I think we're generally on an upward curve but understand not everyone will, for whatever reason.

I suspect you'll have your own personal reasons for feeling as you do and would have no axe to grind with you because of it.

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

You're entitled to your opinion as am I. 

Similarly if you don't think there's a bigger picture that's upto you. Fans, myself included, rightly or wrongly, get too fixated on week to week performances and results, that's the short term nature of football. 

As a club, I think we're generally on an upward curve but understand not everyone will, for whatever reason.

I suspect you'll have your own personal reasons for feeling as you do and would have no axe to grind with you because of it.

That's a fair response. I hope you are right and I am wrong.

6 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Really hope we keep O'Connor for next year. 

Nah, that one on one just there where he was clean through but dragged it too wide then lost control of the ball is a pretty good overall example of his time at Ayr. 

32 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Nah, that one on one just there where he was clean through but dragged it too wide then lost control of the ball is a pretty good overall example of his time at Ayr. 

He’s definitely good enough for a squad place if he would be happy to stay. Much better option than JML.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

He’s definitely good enough for a squad place if he would be happy to stay. Much better option than JML.

Aw he could definitely be part of the squad but he must want to go and play somewhere.