The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 hours ago, Shibuya said:

The biggest thing we can do in the summer is sign an assistant manager who knows how to coach. 

The club already has a reliable assistant manager with years of experience. The problem is that he's the manager.

7 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Imagine where we'd be without Dipo? He's been involved in 26 of our 38 league goals. He really is like having a cheat code! Phenomenal.

I hope we get decent money for him in the summer and invest it wisely for next season.

5 year deal for wee Paddy.  

10 hours ago, diege said:

Im really dubious about the thought Ecrepont is the answer, I still have nightmares watching him against Thistle at Firhill.

Why have so many managers not given him a chance?

I do understand that, remember it well and he was waltzed passed every time.  However, I did find out after he was severely ill, like a lot of the team at that period and was playing as a last resort and was out the following week as he had got worse.  Add to that he was out of position.  He had done well there the 2 weeks previous v Hamilton away and Raith at home.  On the illness note, it was quite bad if you remember the Dundee United game being off.

Well like it or not if Bullen gets to the play offs he will have surpassed his expectations for this season anything else better will mean a bonus. As previously stated we need at least 6/7 of the squad improved on vastly in my opinion, is he the man to do it the jury is out.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Just seeing the second goal on the Dundee Twitter, absolutely woeful defending from Kirk.

All the back 4 looked woeful at times last night. Mcalister was the best of a bad bunch. The number of times they managed to get balls across our box was incredible and so surprised we only finished 3-1 with the chances they had 

7 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

All the back 4 looked woeful at times last night. Mcalister was the best of a bad bunch. The number of times they managed to get balls across our box was incredible and so surprised we only finished 3-1 with the chances they had 

With Kirk going off injured, it looks like we’ll be lining up with a back four of Hewitt, McAllister, McGinty and Reading on Friday night - back to that terrifying stuff. 

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

With Kirk going off injured, it looks like we’ll be lining up with a back four of Hewitt, McAllister, McGinty and Reading on Friday night - back to that terrifying stuff. 

Would be interested to see what Hewitt could offer at RB and if he's any better on the ball than McAllister.

Seems to be low down the pecking order for midfield and expect us the either revert back to 4-4-2 or Smith to come in when Murdoch misses (I think) the Morton game so RB might be his best chance of a game at the minute.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Yes, it was only due to some tremendous goalkeeping that we didn't go in at half-time with the game already over.

We did look pretty good going forward in the first half but we are only going to continue our slide if we continue to put in defensive performances like that. As others have said, I don't know what Reading needs to do to get dropped.

Do we know if Kirk is going to be out for a while?

For me, if Bullen does not appreciate that he needs to do significant rebuilding to raise the overall quality level in the starting eleven then he isn't going to take us any further. I can understand that you can't do too much in January but I hope we see a number of departures in the summer.

2 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Well like it or not if Bullen gets to the play offs he will have surpassed his expectations for this season anything else better will mean a bonus. As previously stated we need at least 6/7 of the squad improved on vastly in my opinion, is he the man to do it the jury is out.

Our fanbase seems quite content to accept mediocrity. I've seen numerous posts on the SRE saying how this season has exceeded expectations. Questions need to be asked how we've spunked a great chance of a title win and a semi final appearance up the wall. 

Its damming that a team of jobbers like Queens Park are looking likely to win the title. A team we beat twice this season. I'd say outwith Dom Thomas I'm struggling to pick any QP players that are Prem level. Best chance of a Prem return for decades and we'll probably go out meekly 1st round of the play offs 

2 hours ago, Lochwood said:

The thing is, I was starting to think he was a victim of his own success, but that's not really true. People would be much, much harsher if Ayr *weren't* still third in the league. But as with the Roberts debacle against Cowdenbeath, the playoffs might actually hurt more than they help.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The thing is, I was starting to think he was a victim of his own success, but that's not really true. People would be much, much harsher if Ayr *weren't* still third in the league. But as with the Roberts debacle against Cowdenbeath, the playoffs might actually hurt more than they help.

Us making the playoffs that season was strange, because there was absolutely no optimism about our chances of going up. The playoffs just further emphasised how shit we were.

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

f**k me switched the game off after 3-1 last night didn't even know he'd gone off, some laugh that with Musonda away with Zambia

40 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Maybe Lee will have a new contract announced in the match report of our 8-2 aggregate loss (or whatever it was). 

Hope has died in the majority of the support now, 7 points behind Queen’s Park and we have to play them once at home. Queen’s Park will drop more than 4 points between now and the end of the season. There is still a very realistic chance we could win the league.

Since the Bangala Dundee game, it has been apparent that we are not good enough, the players we brought in during the summer were largely poor, the ones that came in at Christmas were worse and the football has been dreadful. As the weeks have gone by, more and more folk have realised this and after last night, there is so much apathy now and that is the worst thing for a football club. When folk don’t care any more.

We probably won’t make the play-offs and we’ll be back next year expecting a mid-table finish after losing Akinyemi and keeping the majority of these misfits 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Hope has died in the majority of the support now, 7 points behind Queen’s Park and we have to play them once at home. Queen’s Park will drop more than 4 points between now and the end of the season. There is still a very realistic chance we could win the league.

Since the Bangala Dundee game, it has been apparent that we are not good enough, the players we brought in during the summer were largely poor, the ones that came in at Christmas were worse and the football has been dreadful. As the weeks have gone by, more and more folk have realised this and after last night, there is so much apathy now and that is the worst thing for a football club. When folk don’t care any more.

We probably won’t make the play-offs and we’ll be back next year expecting a mid-table finish after losing Akinyemi and keeping the majority of these misfits 

You still have the happy clappers on SRE. A great 3 or 4 months followed by different shades of shite since that Dundee game before Christmas.

Mid table next season is very optimistic. Could be a very tough league if Dunfermline and Falkirk come up and Dundee Utd go down