The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Jack1910 said:

Hopefully we sell them or just terminate their contracts waste of a wage and jersey 

Reading has been woeful this season. JML isn't up to it. Ashford has improved and came round to the idea that he's not a striker.

1 minute ago, Jack1910 said:

Don’t see him staying even if we offer him a contract 

I wouldn't either if I were him 😐 He's a great talent that had sat on the bench for the first half of the season, whilst JML fills his position yet fails completely to ever take on a player 😒 Bullen has missed a trick with O'Connor.

Well the only positive from tonight is Dipo has added to his highlights package for his summer transfer.

Tom Cruise GIF by Jerology

Considering i was dreading a relegation battle again this year, I suppose we've done ok. Dreamt a little bit to have our balloon well and truly burst twice now.

Watch as we prove myself wrong and we somehow win the playoffs!

Some bodies need shifted on in the summer

Edited by diege
cannae spell balloon, what a buffoon

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

Reading has been woeful this season. JML isn't up to it. Ashford has improved and came round to the idea that he's not a striker.

I wouldn't either if I were him 😐 He's a great talent that had sat on the bench for the first half of the season, whilst JML fills his position yet fails completely to ever take on a player 😒 Bullen has missed a trick with O'Connor.

That's not really true though. He's not started games as he was kept out by Chalmers and Mullen who are both far superior to O'Connor. 

We weren’t aggressive enough and lost every individual battle. If you want to be successful in this league sometimes you need to grind

I mean, isn't that Bullen's whole shtick. It's what probably put us where we were in the first half of the season, if he doesn't even have that now then he's kinda screwed cause he ain't winning it on tactics

1 minute ago, 1nickydevlin said:

While playing left back for stranraer tonight finn Ecrepont put in a man of the match performance clearing one off line in the last minute in a 1 nil win away too albion rovers .stranraer also played 50 mins with 10 men . 

Why oh why did we loan him out?

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Why oh why did we loan him out?

Im really dubious about the thought Ecrepont is the answer, I still have nightmares watching him against Thistle at Firhill.

Why have so many managers not given him a chance?

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That's not really true though. He's not started games as he was kept out by Chalmers and Mullen who are both far superior to O'Connor. 

Well I'd rather O'Connor than JML came on for a Mullen or Chalmers.

Facts are simply this Thistlle and Dundee have better players than us ,probably due to having bigger budgets . We still have too many L1 caliber players still on board . Christmas window was poor losing Chalmers and sinking all our cash on Mullin only for him to get crippled the next week or so . This group won't win at Thistle so our placing will come down to Morton at home . So for me it's 4th or 5th . Then the re grouping for next season begins . Disappointing ,but time to man up and push on ....

I'm less wanting Ecrepont to be here and playing and more someone should at least be here for proper cover.  We should have allowed him to go out on loan to play and we should have brought someone in to play left back instead of Reading.  5 transfer windows since it's been clear he offers nothing and he's just kept churning out trash performances without even the slightest threat to his place in the team.  

Edited by itzdrk

Cove H Abroath A Morton H.   We basically need 9 points from that. 

Thought first half was decent tonight albeit we relied on 3 good saves from Albinson. At least we got the ball down ourselves and looked pretty good playing through midfield. 

2nd half was diabolical though. 

It's the fact literally every opposition teams pre match preparation clearly works on targeting Reading down that left hand side as a major weakpoint of ours.

And there's absolutely nothing we can do about it as nobody else can play LB...

17 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

With Reading it's like watching a boxer taking a pounding and you'd wish for the official to step in for the guys sake.

It's been like that since the first round of fixtures last season. At least Houston has had moments like his wondergoal against Dundee. I cannot remember a time anyone's had higher praise for Reading than "can't remember him fucking up at all today".

19 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Cove H Abroath A Morton H.   We basically need 9 points from that.

An absolutely diabolical Cove Rangers at Somerset right now is the sort of banana skin that would have been too obvious for a Looney Tunes cartoon.

Dundee played well, they might end up going straight up. We are limited in our options just now, the guys we have coming off the bench just aren't good enough. 

It's a long time until we get to release players but you'd like to think we can shift some of the deadwood. It's unfortunate that Reading and JML are still under contract, neither of them are good enough. Bangala i suspect will have his contract paid up and will be on his way. What a laugh he's been though. The biggest thing we can do in the summer is sign an assistant manager who knows how to coach. 

6 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Dundee played well, they might end up going straight up. We are limited in our options just now, the guys we have coming off the bench just aren't good enough. 

It's a long time until we get to release players but you'd like to think we can shift some of the deadwood. It's unfortunate that Reading and JML are still under contract, neither of them are good enough. Bangala i suspect will have his contract paid up and will be on his way. What a laugh he's been though. The biggest thing we can do in the summer is sign an assistant manager who knows how to coach. 

How dare you.

Imagine where we'd be without Dipo? He's been involved in 26 of our 38 league goals. He really is like having a cheat code! Phenomenal.

I hope we get decent money for him in the summer and invest it wisely for next season.