The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

If you haven't seen it then its worth watching Nicky's goal yesterday v Ross County on Sportscene via iPlayer. An absolute screamer.

I also recommend iPlayer to catch up on Dougie Imrie's hissy fit at his own fans at the end of Friday's game.

Ta, I'll indulge in this later.

Aye I saw that comment earlier. There is absolutely no doubt that Ashford can count himself unlucky this season. He was arguably one of our strongest performers at the start of the season and was then dropped due to the signings of Mullin and Chalmers. He was in good form but we signed comfortably better players. He was then piss poor in just about every outing for a few months. Contributed nothing and rounded it off with an insipid performance away at Firhill. 

There was absolutely no chance of him playing up front as he obviously lacks the killer instinct needed to score enough goals to contribute there. However he has shown that he can do well enough in a wide midfield role as he protects his full back and has enough speed and directness to go forward. If this is him starting to add goals to his game from this position then that’s a fantastic outcome for the team and for himself. 

I really like the guy as he came into a piss poor Ayr side last season and raj himself into the ground in every game he played (often isolated in a 4-5-1). I think his confidence took a massive hit when he got a run up front and missed 372 sitters in three consecutive games. Not to mention how profligate he was in the league cup when playing up with Dipo. Hopefully he can get a bit of confidence back with the last few performances and scoring in back to back league games. He’ll be a massive asset for us if he keeps it up. 

His dad sounds like a w**k though and has zero clue what’s been going on with his son or the team if he thinks that comment is warranted though. Should stick to the eighth team of English football imo.