The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can we just agree that the team we put out yesterday is the team we should be aiming to field for the remaining games? Only real debate is about Kirk and Houston in for certain games. 

In terms of out of contract players I think the only ones left I’d want to see signed up are potentially McKenzie and McAllister. 

There is no debate between Houston and McAllister for me, McAllister is Miles ahead. 

2 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

We should offer McAllister a new deal ASAP  . That's a future captain  .

Sorry what? He’s decent but I don’t think he’s ever a starter for us. Reminds me a bit of Andy Geggan without the final ball. I’d keep him around for back up but we need to sort right back out next season. 

30 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There is no debate between Houston and McAllister for me, McAllister is Miles ahead. 

McAllister i would say is the closest thing we've got to a bit of a "b*****d" in the team and somewhat reminds me of Andy Geggan

Not always outstanding but can always be relied on to do a job and get the basics right 9/10 times, also similar with the versatility of being able to play RB/CB/CM

Edited by rb123!

17 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, McAllister gives his all but he's too limited to be the starting right back. He's solid mind and I prefer him to Houston.

How's Tumilty been doing at Hamilton?How was he on Saturday?

Forget Tumilty.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64976003.amp

Eyes on the prize Mathie, eyes on the prize. 

6 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Speaking of right backs, I can't imagine Liam Smith sticking around Dundee United next season. Would take him going into next year for sure. 

Devlin and Smith that's us sorted for RB. Won't be playing with an LB next season, no budget left. 

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Devlin and Smith that's us sorted for RB. Won't be playing with an LB next season, no budget left. 

Another new deal for wee Paddy. 

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Just move all other players over to the left-hand side like some wacky FM formation. 

Smith, Devlin, Mullin and McCowan all on the right hand side. 

Little Patrick getting a doing down the left though. 

36 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

We should offer McAllister a new deal ASAP  . That's a future captain  .

Steady, I like McAllister and think he should be offered a new deal but only as back up. Need to be upgrading the LB and RB position in the summer. 

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Forget Tumilty.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64976003.amp

Eyes on the prize Mathie, eyes on the prize. 

He has always said he wanted to come back to Ayr at some point? Is expecting him to drop down a level unrealistic? Possibly, will it stop me dreaming about it? Absoulotely not

8 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Speaking of right backs, I can't imagine Liam Smith sticking around Dundee United next season. Would take him going into next year for sure. 

A few Dundee United fans saying he's signed a PCA with St Johnstone. Would love to have him back though. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Given we struggled to match Mullin's wage, I think Devlin will be out of our price bracket, unfortunately. Would love him back. 

He'd play for free. Ayr United daft is oor Nicky. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

A few Dundee United fans saying he's signed a PCA with St Johnstone. Would love to have him back though. 

Hopefully St Johnstone decide to announce it 24 hours before they’re next due to play Dundee United.