The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Shibuya said:

Given that we don't have a win at Dens in the past thirty years - I will take a draw! 

*league win

Pumped them in the cup a few years ago. I would also take a point fwiw. 

8 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Hopkins team won 3-1 at Dens in one of his first games. 

*absolutely understand if folk haven't committed much of that period to memory. 

Two for McKenzie in that game, one a 20 yard stonker. Thought he'd finally turned into striker. Charlie Adam lost the plot after the game. Criticised our style of play which had very successfully picked them apart. As if we had no right to beat a massive club like Dundee. Some of there fans seem to share that view today.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wasn’t there today so can only go on other reports by it sounds like we were better today albeit against a tragic Accies side. 

Tuesday is huge for us. A win throws us right back into the title mix and gives us some more security in the playoff places. A draw is okay although makes it harder and a defeat means we’re effectively playing against Morton for a playoff spot. 

Can't see QP slipping up now, think that's just about by. Need a win on Tuesday for a chance at 2nd but finishing 4th would be an excellent outcome for this lot. 

Hamilton were truly abject. Similar to Cove when we played them in that double header. 

Actually they were more like us on Monday night. 

Edited by UpInTheAyr

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Can't see QP slipping up now, think that's just about by. Need a win on Tuesday for a chance at 2nd but finishing 4th would be an excellent outcome for this lot. 

Hamilton were truly abject. Similar to Cove when we played them in that double header. 

Actually they were more like us on Monday night. 

I think we just need to accept that we're inconsistent just like everyone else in this league, be it Dundee, Thistle, Morton or even QP.

On our day we're more than capable, as proved both today and last week against Morton, however we're more than capable of throwing in a horror show such as Monday but so are all our opponents so there's definitely nothing to fear from anyone and still very much all to play for.

41 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Hopkins team won 3-1 at Dens in one of his first games. 

*absolutely understand if folk haven't committed much of that period to memory. 

Was that his only league win? If I remember right we stumbled to safety with a few draws after.

On 13/03/2023 at 23:24, UpInTheAyr said:

"Still do something historic this season..."

He's not talking up promotion is he? 

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

On 13/03/2023 at 22:30, ryanayr1987 said:

I was serious when I said bring McCall back till the end of the season think he would get a tune out of these players for a while. Would give us a boost

On 13/03/2023 at 22:36, Nelson said:

I’m so furious I’d take Mark Kerr back.

Send help.

3 hours ago, Shibuya said:

LEE BULLEN'S BARM ARMY

WE ARE GOING UP, SAY WE ARE GOING UP!

Here We Go Again GIF