The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

Anyone else nervous for today? My temperament hasn't settled since Monday, so I really expect a win today 😐

Though Hamilton are doing well just now, be a tough one away from Home. Just hope there's something to cheer about after that shite against Falkirk.

I really really hope the players and the staff hurt as much as we did after that pish on Monday night. They should be embarrassed and ashamed to have produced a performance like that.

Today's match - and all remaining league games - is a chance to make amends for that. I want to see a positive reaction.

I really take issue with the 'remember where we were chat'. We have undoubtedly moved forward in terms of league position.

However, since October it's largely been grim viewing. If you took Dipo out this team we'd be where we were last season. Having an excellent striker for this level is papering over a lot of cracks.

The directness of our tactics, lack of control in games and the reluctance to have any alternative plan or even use subs to change it are doing my head in!

I'm genuinely on the fence with Bullen but he's not making it easy to remain on the fence (in a bad way!).

Edited by Trogdor

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I really take issue with the 'remember where we were chat'. We have undoubtedly moved forward in terms of league position.

However, since October it's largely been grim viewing. If you took Dipo out this team we'd be where we were last season. Having an excellent striker for this level is papering over a lot of cracks.

The directness of our tactics, lack of control in games and the reluctance to have any alternative plan or even use subs to change it are doing my head in!

I'm genuinely on the fence with Bullen but he's not making it easy to remain on the fence (in a bad way!).

If there is no improvement in the remaining league games and if we do not at least make the playoffs, then he should definitely not be in charge next season IMO.

Cannot get enthused about today's game. Monday has scunnered me big style. We shall see how Bullen motivates the players. Lose and our season will peter out to a probable 6-7th place finish. This is my expectation, sadly.

37 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

If there is no improvement in the remaining league games and if we do not at least make the playoffs, then he should definitely not be in charge next season IMO.

In fairness, Bullen has been much better than Hopkin and Duffy. However, the football is absolutely Dire to watch. The excitement of the season (The 'pee your pants coz we're top of the league' feeling we all had) is well and truly gone now after Monday, so it's definitely a wait and see. I don't see Smith making managerial changes tbh.

Edited by Roxanne's man
GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM!!

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Anyone else nervous for today? My temperament hasn't settled since Monday, so I really expect a win today 😐

Though Hamilton are doing well just now, be a tough one away from Home. Just hope there's something to cheer about after that shite against Falkirk.

Nah, I didn't buy the "everyone has moved on" line.  More concerned with what Dundee will do to them on Tuesday night. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Nah, I didn't buy the "everyone has moved on" line.  More concerned with what Dundee will do to them on Tuesday night. 

Well we'll find out today. They are professionals (no jokes please) and you'd expect them to act as such, but aye, if they don't get a result today then very little hope for Tuesday.

I don't really see Monday having any impact on today TBH.   Would expect it will be a scrappy game between two pretty poor sides settled by a goal either way.   

Can't see us either being so deflated at the defeat that we lose 4-0, or be so motivated to make amends that we go and hammer them.  

Re: the previous poster asking about nerves, not for me personally.  Out the cup so that excitement is gone, but safe from relegation so no element of "shiteing it" that we've had the last couple of seasons in the run in.   

Good to see O'Connor back.

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Re: the previous poster asking about nerves, not for me personally.  Out the cup so that excitement is gone, but safe from relegation so no element of "shiteing it" that we've had the last couple of seasons in the run in.   

I'm just nervous that any hope at all of a play off is down the drain. Had the fun idea in my head of us pumping Killie in the play off final. Dreams are not Reality unfortunately 😒