The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The analyst can only present the data to the coaching team.  If they choose to be stubborn and ignore it nothing can be done. 

It's worth remembering we've been hoofing it all season, it was just a wee bit nicer because Chalmers was there doing wee bits of magic earlier on.  

I feel sorry for the analyst. I have seen plenty of poor Ayr games and I'm glad I don't need to do that this season. It will be quite dispiriting.

I also

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

I'd go as far back as Kerr's covid team and suggest it's how the club wishes to play football. 

Not wrong.

28 minutes ago, wuffster said:

I feel sorry for the analyst. I have seen plenty of poor Ayr games and I'm glad I don't need to do that this season. It will be quite dispiriting.

I also

Not wrong.

It will be especially when you are boiling it down to data.  

Really simple things that fitba teams do like take the pressure off with a couple wee passes between the centre backs and the centre mids doing the same. Doesn't exist. 

Screenshot_20230317-002104.thumb.png.be93fa8056fd65b52749a9d6ff0ce422.pngScreenshot_20230317-002144.thumb.png.d950a3e0ba39bec89551a2cafb72dbf5.png

Screenshot_20230317-001839.thumb.png.edef260c77a73872b309cc5931932a43.png

*Data from Partick to Falkirk. 

** Fair play to big Sean finding Dipo more than McAleer even completed all passes. 

Edited by itzdrk

10 hours ago, Caledonian said:

The photo was from Cowdenbeath 2 Ayr United 0 on 3rd September, 1949 (League Cup). I borrowed it from John Christie and got it copied. He is the goalkeeper in the photo. The stamp on the back was West Fife Press. Here is another from that game. 

3rd September 1949 Cowdenbeath away - Kane 10 McNeil 5 Christie goalkeeper.jpg

Another glory day for Cowden and for me was a 2014 second PlayOff semi final game  at Central Park. Cowden had won the first leg at Somerset Park 2 - 1 with Greg Stewart scoring the two Blue Brazil goals. Greg was to score another two goals in the return leg, the first after just 9 seconds as Cowden won 3-1 .

6 hours ago, itzdrk said:

It will be especially when you are boiling it down to data.  

Really simple things that fitba teams do like take the pressure off with a couple wee passes between the centre backs and the centre mids doing the same. Doesn't exist. 

Screenshot_20230317-002104.thumb.png.be93fa8056fd65b52749a9d6ff0ce422.pngScreenshot_20230317-002144.thumb.png.d950a3e0ba39bec89551a2cafb72dbf5.png

Screenshot_20230317-001839.thumb.png.edef260c77a73872b309cc5931932a43.png

*Data from Partick to Falkirk. 

** Fair play to big Sean finding Dipo more than McAleer even completed all passes. 

The data telling us that McGinty’s passing isn’t as bad as I think it is compared to Kirk is really fucking with my head.

I think it’s possibly the aimless way he hoofs it up the park at times - but we can’t even really blame him. The Dempsey stats are poor, and then McAlear is just on a different level. It’s just so difficult to know how much to blame them, but they should be recovering the ball far more and playing passes in terms of our style that way surely. 

Once a side cuts off the supply to Dipo, we just have absolutely nothing and they take full control of the game. I still don’t see how this style of football gets the best out of anyone either…

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Ooft, that play off against Cowden, mind that. Roberts should have gone after that season.

It took the very real prospect of relegation to League 2 for him to finally get punted.

Greg Stewart tore us a new arsehole that day. 

24 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Ooft, that play off against Cowden, mind that. Roberts should have gone after that season.

It took the very real prospect of relegation to League 2 for him to finally get punted.

You're triggering my PTSD again.

15 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

You're triggering my PTSD again.

🤣 It's important to remember trauma and work through it mate. Remembering that play-off game has sent me down Mark Roberts memory lane, to one of the worst experiences watching football I've ever had.

A 3-0 loss at Airdrie in December of following season, Kevin McKinlay (yeesh) played one of the worst performances I've ever seen culminating in scoring a comical own goal for the third. Paul Slane had a 2 minute cameo before deliberately getting himself sent off because he was raging he wasn't getting much game time (because he was fucking useless). 

Not sure why I remember that game  in particular. Roberts had been sacked the week before and I remember an overall feeling of it didn't matter because we were doomed anyway, no getting out of this.

Ian McCall arrived a week later and we somehow did enough to stay up. All ancient history now....

57 minutes ago, AuAl said:

🤣 It's important to remember trauma and work through it mate. Remembering that play-off game has sent me down Mark Roberts memory lane, to one of the worst experiences watching football I've ever had.

A 3-0 loss at Airdrie in December of following season, Kevin McKinlay (yeesh) played one of the worst performances I've ever seen culminating in scoring a comical own goal for the third. Paul Slane had a 2 minute cameo before deliberately getting himself sent off because he was raging he wasn't getting much game time (because he was fucking useless). 

Not sure why I remember that game  in particular. Roberts had been sacked the week before and I remember an overall feeling of it didn't matter because we were doomed anyway, no getting out of this.

Ian McCall arrived a week later and we somehow did enough to stay up. All ancient history now....

At least being comically bad has a built-in element of entertainment, even if it leans to the macabre.

5 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

The data telling us that McGinty’s passing isn’t as bad as I think it is compared to Kirk is really fucking with my head.

The problem isn't that balls lobbed at Akinyemi don't end up at him, the problem is that by the time they do so he's got three men around him and the rest of his team are standing around the halfway line with their fingers crossed.

7 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Just listened to the pre match press conference. Think bullen is a good talker but we better see an improvement this week 

Not sure why he would suddenly figure out a way to make them play differently/better now when he's stuck to the other approach for over a year.