The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think Mathies message is good and fair. 

However, Hopkin gave one similar before a game at Arbroath, where the players were in no doubt about how important the game was, we were about 4 down at half time. 

If we lose on Saturday in a powderpuff manner playing shite football it will make Mathies post..........and Mathie look a bit daft. I think he has maybe put more pressure on Bullen while trying to ease some of it.  

Bullen said the same thing basically though, before Mathie.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think this is pretty much spot on. 

Asking for some togetherness from the support is fair enough, as there is everything to play for but we need to see a performance from both the manager and the players on Saturday

And the last 9 games of the season. 

It's a tough one. Bullen seems a genuine guy. Hes invested in the club as in taking in reserve/womens games. I'm sure I read his family are still down south so it's a big sacrifice for him.

On the other hand results have been shit since December and the play eye bleeding at times. We fcked our best chance of automatic promotion and the best chance to get to a semi final in many a long year. If we somehow contrive to miss out on a play off place I reckon I'd want him gone

Edited by Thereisalight..

The rest of this month is pretty big. We need to be capitalising on the three games against the three bottom teams. Anything from the Dundee game would be a bonus. I reckon that would leave us 3rd at worst but with a really tough April to come. At least, though, we'd be in the mix and have something to play for.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It's a tough one. Bullen seems a genuine guy. Hes invested in the club as in taking in reserve/womens games. I'm sure I read his family are still down south so it's a big sacrifice for him.

On the other hand results have been shit since December and the play eye bleeding at times. We fcked our best chance of automatic promotion and the best chance to get to a semi final in many a long year. If we somehow contrive to miss out on a play off place I reckon I'd want him gone

Bullen is a cracking guy but I don't think he's cut out for this fitba management malarkey.

Maybe he'll suddenly develop some game management skills and tactical awareness and prove me wrong. I very much doubt it though.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

I think the defeat to Dundee at home back in December just before Christmas when we had an extra man advantage for most of the game and still comfortably lost it was the beginning of the spiral IMO

My Dad went to that game with me. I'm convinced he's a jinx. I think we've only ever won one game he's went to.

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Is it wise for both Bullen and Mathie to be playing up a title push so soon after Monday? Dunno, it just seems like putting undue pressure on themselves.

It is absolutely insane to be even bringing it up. On the other hand it seems to hint at the notion that the idea that Bullen has completely fucked it over the last five months despite being dealt a very good hand has not entirely escaped the board.

Anyway, that's the first "board expresses their support of the manager" of Bullen's career. Wonder when the next one will be.

17 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It is absolutely insane to be even bringing it up. On the other hand it seems to hint at the notion that the idea that Bullen has completely fucked it over the last five months despite being dealt a very good hand has not entirely escaped the board.

Anyway, that's the first "board expresses their support of the manager" of Bullen's career. Wonder when the next one will be.

And it could spectacularly backfire on them in the space of 9 days. Which would make them seem rather foolish, and leave them scrambling for something else to spin us. 

10 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Guessing the club have been inundated with sack bullen messages judging by mathies message 

It's certainly a change of approach.  Normally after a bad result you could guarantee they were going to do one of: give a young player a contract, some kind of construction update or they would just post a photo of Smith and say 'what a job this man is doing" kinda stuff.  

Obviously it's still possible but it's very odd to be talking about promotion during a (currently) 4 month slump where we are closer to 7th place than 1st.  Talk about setting yourself up to fail. 

When your an Ayr fan, defeat and disappointment is all part of the fun.  But something was different about Monday night and Mathie seems to have picked up on that.  

For me it was just inexplicable that Bullen didn’t try and change the direction of the game and just stood and watched the thing slip away.  Ten minutes into the 2nd half we’d lost the midfield, he had Murdoch and Smith on the bench and chose to do nothing.  And it’s hardly the first time that criticism of Bullen has come up.  He’s a great front man but seems clueless as to how to set up a team or coach the players.

I’m honestly not sure if Mathie is trying to convince us or convince himself that we’re heading in the right direction.  I suspect the club just doesn’t want to face the fact that we’re dealing with another failed managerial appointment.  

Bullen will still be here next season but it’s absolutely paramount that he gets his own coaching staff in.

Over the course a promotion playoff finish (hopefully) is a massive improvement on the last couple of seasons;  but there’s still a lot of work to be done.

I’m less devastated about the Falkirk result than I thought I would be but I put that down to expecting us to lose after the last couple of month’s performances.