The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It's definitely the worst I've ever felt after a game.   Even the days we have been relegated / Alloa away when we missed a massive penalty (common theme btw) to ruin the title as we thought at the time didn't really bother me beyond a couple of pints / good sleep.  Think league games are less of an issue for me weirdly as you know the next season is going to bring about a new squad/ new challenge / new drama no matter if you go up / down / stay same. 

I'm personally feeling this one more as this was a chance for a semi and maybe even a final at Hampden.  Realistically the only time I'd have got to do that with my old man and my son all together. 

We will be doing it twice this month watching Scotland but just feels a sickener not getting to do it for Ayr too - wasn't even something I'd ever even considered getting the chance to do until we got such an easy, one in a million run of draws.  Think that's why I'm so angry.   Would have been better just doing our usual and going out to a St Mirren or Livi in the early rounds without a whimper. 

I don't particularly care to hit the happy clappers right now. Those of us who have image persistence at least suspected this was coming. The rest are surely feeling like particularly bruised puppies right now.

The overwhelming feeling now is that of the Roberts season where there was no chance whatsoever of promotion and yet the playoffs were an unfortunate possibility. So there's whatever fucking embarrassment getting scudded 5-2 by Cowdenbeath resembles to look forward to.

We seem to have a happy squad, a togetherness, excellent team bonding.  From the manager, right throughout the playing staff.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a right b*****d of a captain, like big Yogi was in his time, to drag this team kicking and screaming through games, turning leads into wins etc etc etc.

12 hours ago, Hursty said:

It's definitely the worst I've ever felt after a game.   Even the days we have been relegated / Alloa away when we missed a massive penalty (common theme btw) to ruin the title as we thought at the time didn't really bother me beyond a couple of pints / good sleep.  Think league games are less of an issue for me weirdly as you know the next season is going to bring about a new squad/ new challenge / new drama no matter if you go up / down / stay same. 

I'm personally feeling this one more as this was a chance for a semi and maybe even a final at Hampden.  Realistically the only time I'd have got to do that with my old man and my son all together. 

We will be doing it twice this month watching Scotland but just feels a sickener not getting to do it for Ayr too - wasn't even something I'd ever even considered getting the chance to do until we got such an easy, one in a million run of draws.  Think that's why I'm so angry.   Would have been better just doing our usual and going out to a St Mirren or Livi in the early rounds without a whimper. 

Aye this. I am just gutted we won't get the chance on having those occasions. Probably the only chance at that sort of thing for a long long time, for a lot of Ayr fans. 

The immediate feeling is probably on a par with the loss at Alloa for me. Even though that pain only lasted a week, I genuinely felt we wouldn't go up in the play offs. That defeat felt like we had the best season I had ever witnessed to that point, only for it to all end in bottling it. Was on overall emotion of, we are never going to win this title and we won't get out of League 1 for more than 1 season. We are just going to remain as a yo-yo club for years. Thankfully it completely flipped 6 days later, good times.

But with getting to a cup semi / final we don't get that chance. You just know we won't have an opportunity like this for a long time. Gutting.

Next couple of games are huge for us in terms of the finances available for next season. Pls Ayr. 

Edited by AuAl

36 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Anyone know how much we've roughly missed out on, financially, after that debacle the other night? 

Do you get half the gate money (minus costs) for the semi the same as the other rounds? If so then (very crude maths, and no idea of costs to host that would be deducted) £20 x 50,000 is £1m. So on the tickets alone you’d estimate we’ve lost at least £300-400k, and that’s not including the prize money for getting into the round.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Do you get half the gate money (minus costs) for the semi the same as the other rounds? If so then (very crude maths, and no idea of costs to host that would be deducted) £20 x 50,000 is £1m. So on the tickets alone you’d estimate we’ve lost at least £300-400k, and that’s not including the prize money for getting into the round.

Where are you getting 50,000 from? If you drew Caley it would be more like 10,000.

I think it's a quarter of the sum of the two gates of the semis. So the best combo financially this season (if you were happy to end it there) is the OF kept apart, which they would've been had we progressed. As it is, Caley v Falkirk isn't getting 50k attendance, but these occasions don't come around often and I doubt any of their fans are even thinking like that.

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Where are you getting 50,000 from? If you drew Caley it would be more like 10,000.

We'd have drawn Rangers and Caley would've drawn Celtic had we made it through. Anyone with even a notional amount of braincells knows how the draw works. 

Edited by Jeff Venom