The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Still absolutely gutted about that last night.

Bullens use (or lack) of substitutions though I'm still baffled by.

It is galling as Bullen has had previous for using subs too late when it was apparent something needed changed.

. generate.gifglobe.thumb.jpg.8d52bbcbc4a6e36dc5351c8c2feb126e.jpg

Edited by Oceanlineayr
sentence structure

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

One of Smith, Hewitt or Murdoch should’ve been introduced after an hour for Maguire.

Don't think our bench was particularly strong last night but I'd definitely have brought Murdoch on. We stopped pressing high and consequently Falkirk were being given too much time. I think he'd have given us more dig in there. I also think Dempsey is a far better player alongside him.

50 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

It is galling as Bullen has had previous for using subs too late when it was apparent something needed changed.

He has previous for absolutely everything that went wrong last night. None of it was remotely unexpected.

Dempsey, Murdoch and McAlear are all capable of holding on to possession, beggars belief how we've not been able to control a game this season (with the exception of Cove away, where we are fucking class). Falkirk got the ball last night and zipped it about without trouble, lots of good movement and options on the ball. Us? We amble forward, defenders making various gestures and just launch it. Fucking pish. 

3 managers in a row have somehow managed to regress in to lumping high balls up to an isolated forward and produce some of the most unproductive, unattractive football I have ever seen.

They have all had this bizarre notion of playing like that then switching to playing the ball on the deck when we go a goal down, this “and now we play” pish and I really wish it would stop. 

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Suffering f**k. Who are these people? Real life happy clappers. I can only assume they don't attend our matches.

Some of the comments are unbelievable, especially in terms or criticising people for being critical of the manager. 

If you can watch last night and be happy with the performance of the manager, then you clearly have no ability whatsoever to analyse a football game. 

I got myself a wee free trial with Wyscout so quite interested to compare the stats across the two teams to see how far behind we actually were. 

That result last night is going to sting for a while I reckon.

I thought I would feel better by now, probably didn’t help that I actually watched the highlights, as if I wasn’t suffering enough.

There really is only one thing that can or will make up for that, but I think we know that it’s not going to happen.

Could we have manufactured a worse way of getting knocked out?  Knowing us, probably.  This is a right sare yin ☹️☹️☹️

M Glynn set up 3-5-2 to dominate the midfield, struggled in the first half hour and game should have been over in that time, didn’t panic and kept to the same set up at half time only refreshing the wide players and the striker, he knew as well as every manager in this league when our full backs  are Reading and Houston we are shocking. 

All we had to do was match that set up in the second half as the cracks were showing after the first half hour, take Mcguire off who was isolated and not involved in the game as he should have, and replace him with Kirk Mcginty, Musonda , get 5 in  the middle and two up top, plenty of options to do that from the subs but Bullen just hoped he would get through it.

Does nobody in the coaching set up go in the stand lol this would be glaringly obvious to anyone with any idea of how to change the set up.

4 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

M Glynn set up 3-5-2 to dominate the midfield, struggled in the first half hour and game should have been over in that time, didn’t panic and kept to the same set up at half time only refreshing the wide players and the striker, he knew as well as every manager in this league when our full backs  are Reading and Houston we are shocking. 

All we had to do was match that set up in the second half as the cracks were showing after the first half hour, take Mcguire off who was isolated and not involved in the game as he should have, and replace him with Kirk Mcginty, Musonda , get 5 in  the middle and two up top, plenty of options to do that from the subs but Bullen just hoped he would get through it.

Does nobody in the coaching set up go in the stand lol this would be glaringly obvious to anyone with any idea of how to change the set up.

Falkirk didn’t once play 3-5-2. They were 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 depending on what position the number 23 picked up. 

20 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

That result last night is going to sting for a while I reckon.

I thought I would feel better by now, probably didn’t help that I actually watched the highlights, as if I wasn’t suffering enough.

There really is only one thing that can or will make up for that, but I think we know that it’s not going to happen.

Could we have manufactured a worse way of getting knocked out?  Knowing us, probably.  This is a right sare yin ☹️☹️☹️

In an alternate universe we would have played Darvel :barf

I've been supporting Ayr about 12 years now and every single time we've had a big away game with a big away support, big expectation and all the pressure being on us we've lost it every single time. 

We've done it twice in the space of about 6 weeks with QP on the Friday night, win that and we'd have gone top, nope lose 2-0 and barely lay a glove on them. Then last season the final two away games back to back against Dunfermline and QOS, only needed 3 points from 6 and all we could muster was 1...

Even under McCall that fucking game at Alloa, win that and we win the league before going into last game of the season, nope just balloon a penalty into outer orbit which rumour has it still hasn't come back down nearly 5 years later.

They mock Falkirk about being bottlejobs but we're fucking worse and until that changes we'll never see a significant breakthrough in crowds at Somerset as there must have been about 1,600 at least there last night which is more than 75% of your average home support so there's bound to have been some less regular ones there last night who if we'd have won you probably get coming along more often for the rest of the season. Not now after that last night. 

The matter of fact is we had more chances on target than them last night to score but at the end of the day we didn't take them and if Maguire had scored that penalty to go 2-1 infront that would have been a steal based on the 2nd half. 

Probably feels worse for everyone cause Falkirk won it from being behind instead of it just being us equalising last night and then falling behind again. 

End of the day we just need to get behind them for rest of the season and see what happens, barring a 10-0 pumping off Hamilton nothing major off pitch is going to happen until end of season and the only way i think anything will happen is if there's a major tools flung job in the last 9 games and we end up finishing outside top 4.