The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

to be fair to Bullen, nothing he could say tonight could make things any better

Another well-rehearsed three minutes of categorically not blaming himself doesn't help.

Another area where at least jobby always had the humility to at least directly apportion some blame on himself.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Another well-rehearsed three minutes of categorically not blaming himself doesn't help.

Another area where at least jobby always had the humility to at least directly apportion some blame on himself.

Tbh I don't remember McCall being any different on that front. Would regular talk shite in interviews to avoid taking the blame for defeats as far as I can remember.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

It's John Hughes type rhetoric. Life lessons etc. Forget the philosophy and focus on the tactics. In hindsight there was no way he was getting the better of McGlynn

I've been as patient as I can be with Bullen but I can't reconcile that tonight. Falkirk thoroughly deserved to win and I won't take anything away from them, but Bullens reluctance to change tactics, or make subs, or just do something for 5mins to be solid and get some confidence back in possession instead of hot potato panicball stuff...baffling.

He can be all philosophical after the game about it being emotional and a low point for the players etc but the fact is that's a huge wedge of money squandered from a winnable tie following an extraordinarily favourable run of cup ties.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

He can be all philosophical after the game about it being emotional and a low point for the players etc but the fact is that's a huge wedge of money squandered from a winnable tie following an extraordinarily favourable run of cup ties.

Not even a winnable tie. A tie against a team who have been in the league below Ayr for four seasons, and who are still thoroughly second-best this time around to a team featuring Joe Chalmers. A team who until recently had to suffer Gary Holt handing professional papers to his own son despite asserting zero control over transfer policy. A team whose fans' average IQ is sixty.

No idea where we go from here for the rest of the season, fanbase is as divided as ever after tonight, performances on the park which are up and down like a yo-yo and a manager who thinks we can still win the league...

There's certainly not much #weareunited about all of what i've just said

Edited by rb123!

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

"Still do something historic this season..."

He's not talking up promotion is he?

Historically, what is the lowest position that a team who were top of the league after the first round of fixtures finished in this division?

Not blaming McAdams at all tonight but can anyone understand the thinking between playing him in an important cup tie when he has hardly played all season.   

Very disappointing tonight but not a shock result since we have looked poor since the New Year. We struggled against Pollock & Elgin and Falkirk looked the better team after about 20 mins or so.

I was surprised Bullen did not bring new coaching staff when he joined the club and still wonder whether someone like Scally or Sandy Stewart could improve things on the pitch.

Just now, stevep56 said:

Not blaming McAdams at all tonight but can anyone understand the thinking between playing him in an important cup tie when he has hardly played all season.

I haven't a bad word to say about this tbh. If he isn't good enough then he doesn't play. He's previously demonstrated that he's good enough at this level. "Proper" football teams with their three year contracts and their toilets with seats on them and that pish have cup keepers all the time. So long as he's not conceding more than are being scored, and isn't making an arse of it, no reason not to do it.

1 minute ago, stevep56 said:

A shambolic decision that proved that the players and management were still treating this as a walkover where we could give the sub keeper some game time and still cruise through.   

Again- nothing against McAdams personally- he only conceded to a penalty and a deflection/OG but the decision to not go full strength set the tone IMO.  No wonder we pretty much chucked it after scoring. Players thought it was won. 

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

Brian_Reid_1(2).jpg.64c8bbb7eeac12756cb16f35aebebc18.jpg

I swear I am the single person who left Hampden feeling that he'd at least stuck to a plan and nearly had it pay off. Trying to do anything except the one style of football he knew (which, let's repeat, was still ever-so-slightly more intricate than what is currently on show) would have resulted in the team getting put to the sword.

Just now, stevep56 said:

I was surprised Bullen did not bring new coaching staff when he joined the club and still wonder whether someone like Scally or Sandy Stewart could improve things on the pitch.

I'd say we definitely need some new coaching staff, Bullen has none of 'his own' people in the background. Sandy Stewart got over-looked for the top job when Kerr was appointed and is now waving at us from the promotion train with QP and Coyle, he'll be nowhere near Somerset (as much as I'd love him to be).

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I haven't a bad word to say about this tbh. If he isn't good enough then he doesn't play. He's previously demonstrated that he's good enough at this level. "Proper" football teams with their three year contracts and their toilets with seats on them and that pish have cup keepers all the time. So long as he's not conceding more than are being scored, and isn't making an arse of it, no reason not to do it.

Reckon any other teams at our level play the sub goalie tonight?