The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I've been having a good rant here but I should say the one thing I have in defence of tonight was that it's absolutely humped us having both O'Connor and Mullin unavailable due to incidents within about 20 mins of each other v ICT.   

Right that said that thay spent there cash in the summer but look at the winter window opened top of the of the lge,that's when you get players in,everybody knew we needed another striker a central midfielder and another center back but as usual nothing except 2 player's who hadn't player for months.

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

I've been having a good rant here but I should say the one thing I have in defence of tonight was that it's absolutely humped us having both O'Connor and Mullin unavailable due to incidents within about 20 mins of each other v ICT.   

O'Connor could have stayed on and gotten a hat-trick last week and there would still have been no guarantee he'd have started tonight.

6 minutes ago, RedEd said:

We started well and have been up and down ever since. Injuries to key players haven't helped. We're ahead of where we should have been this season considering what happened in the last couple.

The bolded part is what really boils my piss. Where should we have been? Too many people prepared to give "Jam Tomorrow" sloganeering the time of day. It is a football club, the football is dreadful. You can't build your way out of that with bricks and mortar.

Teams are of a fairly even quality in the league (imo) and will be won with a low-ish points total. We have the best striker in the league after the leaders sold the nearest rival in Jan. We won't even be close.

I wonder where we "should be" next season.

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Kerr was hard done by. Certainly at least tried to play better football than all of his successors.

Kerr was essentially the Anti-Bullen. You could usually see what he was trying to do tactically but didn’t give the impression he was much of a motivator.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Mark Kerr was a fucking terrible football manager, enough with the revisionism. 

I wanted Kerr out as well at the time, but it's still galling to have seen his successors handed a much better deck of cards and have them all proceed to tell Sean McGinty to kick them as hard as humanly possible in the general direction of the moon for three years.