The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, ftk said:

I'm no Bullen fan but realistically he is going nowhere. Looking at the big picture the club will think he is doing a great job.

The football is brutal though. Absolutely brutal. I can't remember who likened it to McCall's time and even suggested it was better. The football isn't a patch on 2017-18, 2018-19 or the start of 2019-20. It's utterly turgid, one dimensional pish. It's Hoppyball with an excellent striker. That's what it is. I'm fed up of it.

4 minutes ago, ftk said:

I'm no Bullen fan but realistically he is going nowhere. Looking at the big picture the club will think he is doing a great job.

I'm sure everyone at the club is looking at circa 200k of lost revenue tonight and thinking "this is absolutely fine".

In all seriousness though, you're right that he won't walk. It'll take next season's relegation battle to shift him. The million or so that Southend United will stump up for Akinyemi will stop the board from caring too much.

Edited by Thumper

2 minutes ago, ftk said:

Will they though?  Its a big question they need to answer.  Absolutely shit fested an easy cup run to the QF then got completely out played by a side who will probably come up along with Dunfermline and be better than us next season.  Is the big picture hoping we are better than whoever stays up out of Cove, Raith and Arbroath next year plus one other?   

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The football is brutal though. Absolutely brutal. I can't remember who likened it to McCall's time and even suggested it was better. The football isn't a patch on 2017-18, 2018-19 or the start of 2019-20. It's utterly turgid, one dimensional pish. It's Hoppyball with an excellent striker. That's what it is. I'm fed up of it.

Couldn't have worded it better.

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

It’s not one defeat. We have been mediocre since November. Bullen has no idea about tactics and only plays one way. The season will be done in a few weeks when we get turned over by the likes of Hamilton and Arbroath. I would empty Bullen now 

We started well and have been up and down ever since. Injuries to key players haven't helped. We're ahead of where we should have been this season considering what happened in the last couple. 

I don't recall many folk asking for McCall to be fired when his team had similar or worse form. And he lost to a team in tier 6.

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I was serious when I said bring McCall back till the end of the season think he would get a tune out of these players for a while. Would give us a boost

I severely doubt McCall would come back given that the board plainly doesn't give a shit beyond not getting relegated.

Just now, RedEd said:

We started well and have been up and down ever since. Injuries to key players haven't helped. We're ahead of where we should have been this season considering what happened in the last couple. 

I don't recall many folk asking for McCall to be fired when his team had similar or worse form. And he lost to a team in tier 6.

No but we weren’t made to watch eye bleeingly bad football when McCall was here

4 minutes ago, ftk said:

He has had three good months in a year, dreadful apart from the first two games and the last two last season, Dreadful in the league cup, good in the league until October and then shite again. 

Other teams being worse than us in the Championship doesn't mean we are doing well. The fact they are now getting their shit together is making some folk finally wake up to how shite we actually are. 

Bullen will be here until the summer, if we make the play-offs, he'll be here next season as well, He'll have met his obligations and deserves to. If we don't make the play-offs, he'll maybe head back down south. 

1 minute ago, RedEd said:

I don't recall many folk asking for McCall to be fired when his team had similar or worse form. And he lost to a team in tier 6

Personally McCall had a lot of goodwill banked in those scenarios for me cos his teams weren't absolutely horrific to watch.   He also lost Shankland and Still started the following season with us looking superb.  If we replace Dipo in the summer with someone not quite as good as Dipo we will be absolutely fucked. 

16 minutes ago, RedEd said:

The state of some of the posts on here. One defeat, albeit a sore one, and it's the apocalypse. 

I'd usually agree but it was a chance v a lower league opposition to get to Hampden. We were leading and fcked it. We've been dross in the league since December and are in real danger of not even making the play offs. That would be criminal 

5 minutes ago, RedEd said:

McCall was very overtly being failed by his board for a long time before that happened. That might have been what it took to keep the club solvent but it was an abundantly obvious mitigating circumstance. What the f**k excuses tonight, or indeed the entire run of form since Halloween?

This was probably our biggest game in a few years in terms of the ££££ and a place in a semi-final at stake and we have royally fucked it.

If our performances this season were consistently good you could put this down as a blip and move on. However, our performances have mostly been poor for months now.

We have had some good results this season with the style of play, but when it doesn't work we have no backup plan. That's what has fucked us and will undoubtedly continue to do so. We have a manager who has been in post for over a year now and keeps making the same mistakes repeatedly. 

I am sorry for ranting but I am fucking raging.

Edited by Richey Edwards

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

Thought ashford did ok first half, mckenzie was gash all night though

Ashford did a  very good shift first half considering he put a sitter on a plate for Dipo and also bailed out the absolutely woeful Reading about half a dozen times. 

The fact that we are having to rely on very limited left mids to do the donkey work up and down the park sums it all up though.