The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

No way Mathie will pull the trigger on Bullen.  But on the other hand I don’t see how this is recoverable.  It’s clear that we have a manager and coaching team who have no idea how to develop and build a team.

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Dempsey should have taken it. Not a fan at all of the new trend of changing your taker as soon as they miss one.

Mind you it would have just been papering over the cracks.

Surely it reverts back to Dipo, unless it's you miss one and you're done for the season 

McAlear was invisible tonight, so we had Dempsey on his own in midfield again. We got overran and a huge gap appeared behind the front 4 and the defence. Lumping the ball up the park means it is just coming back at us unchallenged.

This happened against Queens Park and Thistle. We could have brought in a defensive midfielder in the window but we sent one ghost to Cove and brought in a literal ghost in McAlear.

Im not critical of McGuire or any of the forward players, Or Musonda for that matter, to sit and watch us chase shadows for over an hour is on Bullen and the back room staff who didn’t fix the whole in the middle of the park.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Surely it reverts back to Dipo, unless it's you miss one and you're done for the season 

I've no idea why Dipo was ever took off them?

Probably shitting it cause it would add to his goal tally...

6 minutes ago, Hursty said:

The person who keeps us sweet with the odd twitter post of the players having a laugh playing volleys or heady tennis at the end of training to show how absolutely fucking #United we are better not be seen this week or I'll end up banned 

We'll see how well that fucking hashtag holds up now among the players, because it won't now with the fans

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I've no idea why Dipo was ever took off them?

Probably shitting it cause it would add to his goal tally...

He missed a couple early in the season. Dempsey then scored 5 or 6 in a row. 

Just now, RedEd said:

The state of some of the posts on here. One defeat, albeit a sore one, and it's the apocalypse. 

It’s not one defeat. We have been mediocre since November. Bullen has no idea about tactics and only plays one way. The season will be done in a few weeks when we get turned over by the likes of Hamilton and Arbroath. I would empty Bullen now 

In a game of hilarious ineptness, I’m not sure you can beat needing a goal in the last minute of a Scottish cup Quarter Final - Houston has the ball out wide and we still have McGinty, Musonda and Reading sitting back. For the last ten minutes we continued to play with a flat back four. 

Get McGinty or Musonda up front and play off second balls you fucking clowns, it’s literally all we normally do anyway.

That was genuinely disgraceful.