The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

So looks like it'll be a no presenters/commentary job for those of us watching on tv tomorrow.

Is that confirmed anywhere? (I've been trying to work out how I could get to Falkirk in time but won't bother if it's on the box.)

12 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Is that confirmed anywhere? (I've been trying to work out how I could get to Falkirk in time but won't bother if it's on the box.)

Lost the bit I read about it and can't find it again. Has live coverage and highlights shows not already been affected up here though? 

49 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'll do what I usually do when playing PES or FIFA (with the annoying commentary muted) and do my own commentary then.

Can you share your fact sheet? 

48 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'll put one together about an hour before kickoff. It can't be that difficult. 

Well the bbc don’t actually talk about the teams they are commentating on so yeah I agree it won’t be hard to do better than them 

Edited by ryanayr1987

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Well the bbc don’t actually talk about the teams they are commentating on so yeah I agree 

I'll be sure to include that the second Ayr United game I ever went to was a boring 0-0 draw against tomorrow's opponents.

In fact my only lasting memory of that particular game is that I met Ally MacLeod at it.

10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Can you share your fact sheet? 

10 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

You mean I need a sheet of facts?

9 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'll put one together about an hour before kickoff. It can't be that difficult. 

If you're a fan of the team you're commentating on then you're 50% done...and honestly if you're a fan of a diddy club you're probably more in touch with the current affairs of your opponents than any of the BBC/Sky/BT "pundits" 

Very difficult to commentate on a game watching it on the TV though, the camera doesn't follow the game the same way you would from a static vantage point...maybe it's easier on Football Manager or something, I haven't played it since it was on the original Xbox, so what maybe 2001?

2 hours ago, mugen_power said:

If you're a fan of the team you're commentating on then you're 50% done...and honestly if you're a fan of a diddy club you're probably more in touch with the current affairs of your opponents than any of the BBC/Sky/BT "pundits" 

Very difficult to commentate on a game watching it on the TV though, the camera doesn't follow the game the same way you would from a static vantage point...maybe it's easier on Football Manager or something, I haven't played it since it was on the original Xbox, so what maybe 2001?

The livestream will probably descend (or ascend depending on how you look at it) into me shouting like f**k and turning the telly off, depending on what is happening.

28 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

The livestream will probably descend (or ascend depending on how you look at it) into me shouting like f**k and turning the telly off, depending on what is happening.

Which will still be an upgrade on usual offerings.  You could always ask Stevo round to join you.  First question should be how his gran is getting on.

15 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'll be sure to include that the second Ayr United game I ever went to was a boring 0-0 draw against tomorrow's opponents.

In fact my only lasting memory of that particular game is that I met Ally MacLeod at it.

With who?