The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, mccurdieboy said:

Was it not mclaughin who nearly scored from half way line in final when at 0-0 then rangers scored just before half time

I don't remember that effort but I do remember him chipping the Rangers keeper from around the edge of the box who made an excellent save, at 0-0.

Just now, Jeff Venom said:

I don't remember that effort but I do remember him chipping the Rangers keeper from around the edge of the box who made an excellent save, at 0-0.

Stefan-dan Klos.

Wasn't Nelson inside his nets for one of the goals? 🤔 Turned around and saw the ball bounce in?

I've convinced myself to this day that if Annand was available, Grady and him would have torn them apart 😅

9 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

That Celtic game the week after was something else. I thought we were genuinely going to beat them, the amount of chances we had, never hated Rab Douglas so much!

I remember being too deflated after the cup final defeat to attend the Celtic semi. Watched it on TV in a packed Treehouse on the Sandgate and remember some Celtic fans celebrating their goals. Absolutely scummy behaviour, imagine going to a pub in Ayr to cheer on the team playing Ayr. Then again what do you expect from arse cheek fans. F***ing knobs the lot of them.

13 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

That Celtic game the week after was something else. I thought we were genuinely going to beat them, the amount of chances we had, never hated Rab Douglas so much!

Superb first half. Really thought we were going to do it but early second half goal was a bit of a sickener.

59 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

James Grady was on fire that night! Even Martin O'Neill was impressed by how Ayr united had done. Larsson's goal made my heart sink but there was a belief that Grady would score as he was definitely making some effort, denied by Agathe on the best try I think 🤔.

Then Alan Thompson scored two from distance and I went home in the huff, with a severe hatred for the old firm that I still hold today 😡 

It hurts thinking about it to be honest, within two years, Ayr were relegated and 'Fans' actually stopped attending and/or giving a shit about Ayr united. To be a diehard Ayr fan in those times was hard.

I missed the cup runs discussed above by a couple of seasons. Started going to games after relegation. f**k knows what kept me coming back. Crazy to think about how long it took for the club to get back to now, as a proper 2nd tier club.

Edited by AuAl