The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I’d have given McGinty a one year deal. He isn’t anywhere near as bad as he was when he first joined us, but still prone to an error or two. Just hope we get someone reliable in beside him as I doubt Kirk will be with us for another season. 

As for tonight’s game, I hope ICT win. That’s a more winnable game at Hampden than the DKB’s 

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s basically turned into an average Championship defender. Much like what we had at this level with Steven Bell. Will undoubtedly make mistakes but is solid enough most weeks. As you say we’ll to replace Kirk in the summer and potentially add another depending on what we decide to do with McAllister. 

He doesn't give away even close to the same number of penalties as Bell so an upgrade on him anaw.  

35 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Who we wanting to win tonight? Inverness or K*lmarnock?

Obviously, I don't like either, though would love another Ayrshire derby semi final. On paper Inverness would be the easier game though 🤔

Inverness win, f**k Kilmarnock.  

22 minutes ago, .buzzy01 said:

Whoever gets through are bound to be playing either of the big two in the semi. I am fairly sure the SFA would do everything possible to ensure that an old firm final happens or I am I being cynical?

They played in the semis last year

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think McCallister deserves an extension based on the last 3 months. He was dreadful at the start of the season and we lost about 5 identical goals because of him. 
He’s a good defensive right back and fits in the formation we have played most of the season. The formation doesn’t suit Houston or Reading. 

To be honest I thought McAllister was garbage last season and had him down as another shitey Hopkin signing. However, he has come on leaps and bounds this season. I'd give him a new deal. 

Happy enough with McGinty signing a deal. Hopefully he’s only back up next season especially if we get promoted.

If my squad list is correct then we have the following out of contract/loan ending at the end of the season:

McAdams

Houston

Kirk- End of loan

McAllister

O’Connor

Mullin

Bilham 

Jeanes

McAlear- End of loan 

McKenzie

Moffat

Viviani 

16 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Happy enough with McGinty signing a deal. Hopefully he’s only back up next season especially if we get promoted.

If my squad list is correct then we have the following out of contract/loan ending at the end of the season:

McAdams

Houston

Kirk- End of loan

McAllister

O’Connor

Mullin

Bilham 

Jeanes

McAlear- End of loan 

McKenzie

Moffat

Viviani 

Think you can add Maguire and remove Viviani as he signed a 2 year deal last summer.

O'Connor's new deal did come with the option of a further year. Not sure if anyone else is in a similar situation.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

I am desperate to see us get to a final.

I was not allowed to go to the 2002 League Cup Final. I know we lost but I wish I had experienced seeing us in a final.

I have never forgiven my parents for that. 

Were you grounded?

Just now, THEHonestman1910 said:

Were you grounded?

No. They had some misguided idea that they wanted to shield me from the disappointment of seeing Ayr getting scudded by Rangers in a final.

Neither of them were particularly into football so didn't understand what the occasion meant. 

12 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I am desperate to see us get to a final.

I was not allowed to go to the 2002 League Cup Final. I know we lost but I wish I had experienced seeing us in a final.

I have never forgiven my parents for that. 

You could have danced with Neil Duffy. 

4 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Meh, I think a 2 year contract is a bit generous if you ask me. No doubt he's improved this season and would like him as a back up for next season. Think a 1 year contract would've been more justified. 

This, if we get promoted (I know I know...) he'll no cut it.

Edited by Trogdor

21 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

This, if we get promoted (I know I know...) he'll no cut it.

In that scenario I suspect plenty of Championship (or low tier English) sides would probably happily be keen to come to an agreement to sign the previous seasons Chamnpionship winners/promoted (again, I Know I know) captain.   

56 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

No. They had some misguided idea that they wanted to shield me from the disappointment of seeing Ayr getting scudded by Rangers in a final.

Rangers only survived a decade after that. Ayr played some good football that game, Paul Lovering nearly scored a belter. Celtic game was better imo.